You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Chanting From The Light House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Chanting From The Light House

 

This is my third story on this site. I have experienced this kind of strange phenomenon long back in 2004 when I was out for morning walk with my maternal grandpa at around 4:00am-4:30am.

I would firstly like to tell about the area where my grandpa resided. The area was actually industrial and very spooky and lonely, especially at nights. There were all the huge chemical plants and chambers. In 2004 the area was not much of a residential type and so not much people were seen.

Coming back to my story, I had my summer vacations and so went to his house to spend some time with him. We, as usual, went for our morning walk at around 4:00am. It was pitch dark and the area was like a huge sandy ground with no buildings and there was only a structure like that of a light house (I am sorry it's kind of a faded memory in my mind now but still 95% it was a lighthouse). So we were passing by that spot and it was pin-drop silence in there.

Suddenly, as we headed ahead I heard some kind of strange and spooky chanting of women from that lighthouse. I was surprised as so I waited there for sometime so that I could hear that once again to get confirmed that I was not hallucinating and kept looking at it. But again there was silence. My grandpa said that he didn't hear any sounds of women and insisted me to keep on walking and I did so. Again the chanting started and this time a chill went down my spine and I stood still there, looking at that huge structure but then again there was silence. This happened for about 2-3 times, whenever I started to walk ahead and stopped the moment I looked at it.

I really don't know what it was and my grandpa said that he never heard any such sound there as it was his daily route for morning walk. But whatever it was, it was very spooky and strange and then I never went at that place again.

Now that area is quite developed but still at night we get to experience spooky atmosphere. Thank you for reading my story; I would be highly obliged if I receive comments on this. I would also like to know what was it.

Other hauntings by LoveParanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LoveParanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
loveparanormal - you being there present, failed to even identify what is it - how do you expect people to identify without you absolutely throwing no concrete information or light on the matter.

People can only take wild guesses (not even educated guesses) ... Try to gather some folklore surrounding the light house. Anything.
LoveParanormal (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
[at] sds
Thanks for the comment. I live in Mumbai, and I had experienced that in month of April.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
If it was a residential area, that increases the chance that the chanting was coming from living women somewhere.

Lunahenry, if you hear a radio when you're lying on your bed, your bed frame or bed springs might be picking up radio waves. Under the right conditions beds, metal fences, phone and power lines, and even the fillings in people's teeth can pick up radio signals.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Hello LoveParanormal, I just want to know where did this happen to you. I mean in which place. I am from India. I want to know. If you were not near the ocean or sea, as you said in your comments, then what is the purpose of light house. Is the lighthouse still not used? Have you tried to investigate about the place. You said that the air still gets spooky in the place and that means you are still living in the same vicinity. Even now, you can start investigating. I would like to echo Miracles because, generally, in our culture, we do hear chantings as early as 4 or 4.30 a.m. In the mornings. I also would like to know in which month you had this experience. Why I ask because, I would like to tell you, if it is during December-January of the year, then there is a possibility of having some rational explanation to it. I don't mean to demean your experience but just would like to know if there is any rational explanation to the phenomenon before adducing paranormal reasons. That is all. Thanks for sharing.

Kindly clarify.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Why did the chanting cease when she stopped to listen. It reminds me of when I am laying down and sometimes hear a radio playing, but when I get up to find the source it's gone only to start up again when I lay back down.
LoveParanormal (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
[at] valkricry
Thanks for your comment. But there was no ocean, as you mentioned in your comment. It was a residential area only with buildings, vacant plots and industries.
Regards
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
LoveParanormal - you know, I've never really thought about India having lighthouses. It's totally logical that they would, but for some reason I just never thought about it. Anyway, it does mean that you were near the ocean, and I can't help but wonder if there were also caves under that sandy dune. What you heard could have been the wind, water playing in those caves. Another thought is if it were an abandoned lighthouse (which from your description seems feasible) perhaps it was the sound of wind whistling through it? No way for any amount of certainty on these thoughts. Although I do know that cave-echoes, especially partially water filled, can produce some very human sounding sounds. Since Grandpa walked that route all the time, he might have been so accustomed to it he paid it no mind. Or it could have been out of his range of hearing.
And then too, Miracles' thought of the sound being carried from actual chanting women from somewhere nearby carries merit too. I guess there is no pat answer to give you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
LoveParanormal - the only thing I can think of, other than something paranormal, is that somewhere there was a living group of women chanting and the sound carried. I would think at that time of the morning, there would be less commotion to block the sound and it might have been easier to be heard.

I don't, however, have an explanation for why you heard them and not your grandpa, other than the age difference and the possibility that he just didn't hear them. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: