You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Lonely Road

Real Ghost Stories

A Lonely Road

 

I live in a small village in south west Wales, with a population of about 50. The village houses are all quite close together with the exception of a few. In the middle of the village is a play park that me and my friends spend most of our free time in. Never having gone to school I have spent a lot of time walking around the surrounding area and have spent quite a lot of time asking people about haunting and stuff.

There is a road that is just past the play park that leads out of the village, walking along an certain part of the road I have had a very uneasy feeling when walking along it alone, a feeling like someone is following you and at some points so close behind me that it's terrifying. When ever I do look behind me there is never anyone there, which to me is sometimes even more scary than if there is. This has been happening ever since I started walking along that road, in the past few months it has scared me so much (the feeling that someone is about to attack you, and the feeling that they are behind you) that I've stopped walking there when I'm on my own.

About two months ago I found out my best friend felt the same way about the road, being embarrassed about saying that I was scared of going on a certain road for no reason, I asked her if she felt any different down there than anywhere else, she said that she could feel someone behind her when she went there, and that it sometimes was almost like someone was telling you to keep away.

A few days after finding out that I asked my mum if anyone had died on there or if anything nasty had happened, she said that somebody had committed suicide in one of the houses there, I asked her what she knew and she just said that someone had hung themselves in the garage of a house. The day after me and my friend walked to the house and stood there for a few seconds before we got that creepy feeling again, I thought it would have gone away after I knew what had happened. It seemed to be worse than before, my friend got pushed over by something that definitely wasn't the wind.

I know it's not much of a ghost experience but I've put another story up which is about a house next door to mine, and what odd stuff has happened and is still happening there, and I'm hoping some people will help me try to understand things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bethanwolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
Hey there,
You have every right to be afraid of something, specially when you don't know what is troubling you. In your case, it is only natural for you to be afraid. Hell, id be worried too of an enemy, I have no clue about. So do not panic!

Firstly calm down, lock the paranoia away and ponder deeply. When a person is afraid, he or she allows his or her conscience to play with their mind by seeding irrational thoughts inside, that frighten them and scare the daylights out of them. You might not know who the unknown enemy is but your mind starts stating frightening possibilities, which at the time, will terrify you. As a result of this, the mind plays a blame game and then dumps it on the supernatural. So relax, take some time out and think deeply about these points. Try unraveling this by yourself.

Things to do:
1.List down all your experiences in a book, that you can carry around with you. Do not miss out a single detail, pester your brain and jot down all your experiences of the same place in detail. Also make note of what other people state as their experience.
2.Be sure whether you experience that, only on that particular road or whether you feel the same way at various places in the village.
3.Make sure there is no foul play and that there is no human involved in these.
4.Enact the same scene with your friend on the same road. Check if you can pull it off as a human without him being able to spot you. If he cannot see you creeping him out, then the chances of it being supernatural, reduce to half.
5.Find out details of the house your friend got pushed at. Any records relative to the history of the house, past events etc. Look for things of interest in and around the house. Now by things of interest I mean, things that you can make a fortune from or at least an sufficient amount of money.
6.Casually talk around the village about the house, as if curiosity was killing you, I am quite sure you will get to know about a story you've never heard before.
7.Validate, compare all your experiences with the data you've collected and check if it makes any sense.

This is what I feel, could be a possibility:
The house along that road has definitely got to be old, there might not be any haunting there even though there was a suicide. Naturally no one dares to walk around the house because of the stories affiliated with it. It becomes easy for a person with a lot of money to grab that house and the land around it at a dirt cheap rate. He's probably even seen something lucrative in or around the house which he wants to keep mum about, possibly because it could make him richer. He must have paid folks to scare people walking by so that they don't even bother landing at the house, out of curiosity. By doing this he also ensures complete secrecy and privacy for his activities, which he might have foreseen earlier.

Now this is just a possibility, I maybe wrong, but be a skeptic first, investigate a little and then jump to a conclusion, you never know what lies at the end. It probably is haunted! Or may be not!

You decide!...
Take care!
edpjrr (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
Hi OP, your story sounds creepy but interesting:) Do you mind telling me the name of this small village? Thank you!:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Hello bethanwolf, apart from the house where someone committed suicide, there should have been some other events that might have happened along the road. Your friend got pushed, which was not due to the wind, is really scary. But still it is better that you do some research by asking others in the village, as you said, after all, the population is quite less. You have to ask the elderly persons and definitely they must have had some experiences. Try to keep us informed of such developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
I find it fascinating you live in a small village- apparently so small and remote, you've been homeschooled- or what have ya. I've always wanted to live in such a small remote type village. I could ask a thousand questions about the lifestyles of your neighbors, but I don't want to hijack your thread.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Before we scream "ghostie" let's make sure that there is nothing human on that road! I would not walk that road alone, try to go in groups. A stalker could be hiding in the woods just waiting for the right opportunity. Not to frighten you any more, but I think it is a reasonable thing to think about.

Zeta.
RegisFiliaaa (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
i supposed you must consult professional spiritualists. 😊 or just lit a candle in that weird house and pray for that unknown being.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
bethanwolf, question:
You said, "Never having gone to school," and being as you're a teen that makes me go 'huh?' Are you over 16 or home schooled? I know that doesn't pertain to the validity of your story - I'm just being nosey! 😆 It's the way I learn interesting tidbits about other countries and cultures.
Something may have happened along that stretch of road that your Mum knows nothing about. The feeling you get may have been from an event of long ago or very recent. I'd research it some more. Add to that your friend got pushed over - so I say listen to that feeling and avoid that road when possible. Something may be trying to warn you about something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: