You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Father Visited One Day... Years After His Passing

Real Ghost Stories

My Father Visited One Day... Years After His Passing

 

If you read my other stories about my parents, you will know that my parents loved my siblings and me to the fullest. Never once did a day go by without them telling us they loved us.

It was about 5 years after my father had passed away, just a few weeks after his anniversary of his passing. My mother and my sisters went out shopping and left my brother and myself at home. We don't have any babies or pets, so when there's even one of us out of the house, you can hear a pin drop. My brother's room is in the back of the house, as every young man calls his room, it's a major "man cave." (Just wanted to give you a bit more of a sense of how our home life is.)

Anyway, I was in the front of the house on the computer, music blaring, and watching TV. (Yeah, I'm a bit weird when I'm alone). I heard a knock at the door. Me, thinking it's my mother and sisters because it was our special knock, opened the door and went and sat down back on the computer. I wasn't paying any attention and the door slammed AND locked. I was thinking, "Well cheese-and-rice, why the heck are they leaving again?!", I went and looked outside there was no one there. So me, being the naive teenager at the time, just went and sat down at the computer again. (Mind you, not once did my brother come out of his man cave during this whole time.) I heard that knock again, but it wasn't coming from the door, it was coming from the wall in my parents' room (the door to leave our house is on the other side of the wall).

I still didn't think anything of it. I got up to get a drink out of the kitchen, and as I went walking by this big china cabinet that has a mirror for a backing, I felt the need to look in it. The mirror reflected my parents' bedroom door, and there was my Dad standing there, smiling, and waving.

I know a lot of people say this, but he was pure white, and I could almost see right through him (kinda hard to describe). I turned around to look and he was there! I started screaming and crying instantly, and he waved at me, nodded, and walked to the right where I couldn't see him anymore. I sat down crying and my brother (finally) came out of his room and he had a baseball bat. He ran into the bedroom (because I had pointed at it) and turned the light on. He said no one was there and turned the light back off. I told him I saw Dad, and he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him Dad was standing right there, smiling and waving at me, then he nodded and walked to the side where I couldn't see him anymore. My brother sat next to me and calmed me down.

The next few minutes were just my brother and I sitting there and he was holding me. Then out of nowhere, we both felt this cool breeze hit us. He told me, "Sis, don't move." My brother said, "You know, Dad, we know you're still here and we love you and miss you so much. You don't ever have to leave us alone, but right now, please keep it down for sister." And the cool breeze went away.

I hugged my baby brother tight, and at that moment, our mother and sisters came walking in. My mother said, "How come your crazy brother was smiling and waving at us through the window?!" I told her what happened and that brother was hugging me the whole time; she said that seeing Dad will continue to happen because none of us are afraid of him. She told me to stop being a baby and stop crying because it's "your father." So I did, grew my female balls and sucked it up. (My mother made me believe in the paranormal a lot more as I got older.)

Now and again, I can feel my Dad's presence in the room. Sometimes I can smell his cologne and aftershave stuff. And sometimes, I can feel him rubbing his whiskers against my forehead (which is a weird feeling).

Trust me, there is a lot more stories:)

Other hauntings by m4dm1nnes0tan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m4dm1nnes0tan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
This was just SO sweet. <3 I can imagine it's a very calming feeling to know he's still watching over you, even if it was scary at the time.:)
Scary_Soap (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I love your story. It really touched me. My dad's in the army, he's served for 26 years now, and is more of a 'supplier' these days.

I remember when I was younger, I'd always wonder if he'd ever come back from Afghanistan, or from wherever he was. I'm just glad I've still got him...

...I'm sorry, I 'said' something completely irrelevant to anything on this site.

And Again, I love your story, it put a smile on my face ❤
ambeedale (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
thank you for this story it really moved me I needed this story. I see my papaw all the time in my house. I am not afraid I know he is just letting e know he is there watching over me. 😳
m4dm1nnes0tan (6 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
[at] Marine
Dont let the memory of not being with your mother when she passed keep you saddened, remember her as is. I wasn't with my father when he passed, and he always said when it was his time to go, don't think of him as a sick old man, think of him as the funny outgoing laughing and joking man he always was. Hold those memories close and never let them go!

[at] Andrea22
(ChiMiigwech) Many thank yous. I am so greatful to have these stories and I'm very thankful that there is a place where I can share them. I have many more to come! Just need time to type them out:))

[at] BabySquatch
Its very comforting, when I had my dad by my side, I felt like I could take on the world. When he wasn't around me, I felt like I was going to lose. But when he passed, that feeling of empowerment and fearlessness never went away. So I know hes always with me, everywhere I go:))

[at] valkricry
I was the only one in the front of the house and my so-called "friendly neighbors" are some major thieves (hence my brother coming out of his room with a bat). And to have gone from feeling relaxed and chilled out listening to music to someone standing right behind you, wouldn't you scream? It took me a few seconds to download that it wasn't just a random person, it was my father. I don't know why it took him so long, but it made me feel better after I had seen him.

[at] Hotrod13
ChiMiigwech

[at] FattyAddie
Im so thankful that I'm not the only one that this has happened to. I swear, everytime I tell these stories (which is real rare), I get the "she's a psycho" stare. LOL Thank you for believing me!:D
FattyAddie (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
This just about made me tear up. I lost my dad a little over 4 years ago, and he makes his presence known every once in a while to let me know he is with me. Thank you for sharing your story... It makes me comforted to know that others out there are able to experience the feeling you get when you know your loved ones are watching over you. ❤
Hotrod13 (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
A very interesting story.
[at] marine,
I am very saddened to know that your moms no more. But take heart and be brave. The soul never dies and I am pretty certain that one day your mom will contact you.
Peace
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
m4dm1nnes0tan,
I don't understand why you screamed seeing your dad, but I get the tears part. It's a very emotional thing. And if you had never experienced anything like that before, it must have been quite a shock!
I wonder why he waited so long to make his presence known? I guess we'll never know that, but it must be comforting to know he's about and watching over you and your family.
BabySquatch (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Such a beautiful story, thanks for sharing. It must be comforting to still feel his presence.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
This is beautiful! Stories like this are the reason I come on this site. If you can get a smile and a wave from your dad, even after his life on this Earth has passed, then I know everything is truly ok in the end.:)
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Thank you for the story, it really moved me. My mom died a few years ago and I wasn't by her side when she passed away. I didn't have the chance to hold her hand and whisper "I love you" while she breathed her last in that cold and sterile hospital room. I miss her a lot to this day and I would give anything just to have a glimpse of her again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: