You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Experience I'll Never Forget

Real Ghost Stories

An Experience I'll Never Forget

 

What you're reading now is something I'll never forget. It was late one night around 2010 time and, well, this experience was made weird because of what happened over Christmas of 2011. Living in the house I've grown up in, I've noticed that not everything is as it seems.

I was downstairs at home finishing off something on a computer game and turned the lights off in the living room and turned the kitchen lights on and made sure everything was off but it was when I turned the lights off that's when I spotted it. A shadow figure in what was darkness. Now, I have to make this clear. This shadow figure was a dark black figure. The first thing I did was to turn the lights back on and looked around the kitchen and...nothing.

I never paid this much attention until the Christmas period of 2011 when I was sleeping downstairs because, as soon as I was alone (downstairs), I'd have overwhelming feelings of being watched from which I couldn't shake off. But I don't believe it was evil or meant harm, because I wasn't feeling threatened by it. All I can describe it as was an intense feeling which would never disappear. But these made me feel scared more than anything.

In truth, I still don't know what it was but by the Christmas period of 2012 the feelings had gone from downstairs when I was sleeping there.

I would love to know what this could have been.

I've grown up in the house, being the only place I've lived in and this is only one of a many few experiences I've had but, of course, they will but submitted at a later date.

Ghostly94

Other hauntings by ghostly94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostly94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
2010 time is the year not military time I thought i'd clear that up.
Over Christmas 2011 I also heard something invisible to my eyes breath away when alone downstairs.
My friend told that he once saw a figure in kitchen but thought it was me when he stayed over one night and he told me this in 2012.
I'd like to thank you all for your comments and I hope you all have a lovely day.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
I believe what the O/P meant in the comment, "It was late one night around 2010 time", I believe this O/P was using military time as opposed to regular time. I use military time in all the paper work at work. 2010 is 8:10 pm.
Baronessie (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
I would first like to say that seeing shadows is a very scary thing. It could be your eyes playing tricks on you, or you simply saw it yourself. I'm not doubting your encounter but just keeping options open. Please let us know more! I'm very interested in this story. I'm going along with Valk that the shadow was most likely curious and left.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Hello Ghostly94, I have the same doubt as Val. I first thought that the experience lasted more than a year from 2010 until Christmas 2011 or so. Then I really got confused with your narration. Because, you said that you saw the black figure only once in your kitchen, may be it was 2010 or somewhere in 2011 at 10. 30 p.m.

I think that the feeling of being watched, when you were alone and when you were downstairs, probably it could be more due to your mind about the incident that you saw a black figure in the kitchen. Even the kitchen incident, because it was not repeated or you did not see the black figure again, might be due to the fact that the lights were put off suddenly. It might not have any paranormal reason at all. I am not trying to say that I doubt your experience. But in the absence of any further input about the history of the house or the investigation, if you have done any about the place or the house, it is quite difficult to comment any more than that.

Did you ask your parents or siblings if they encountered anything like you saw the black figure. Perhaps you should ask your mom because you sighted the black figure in the kitchen. Please post if you make any inquiries or investigation. That could throw light.

In the absence of it, I am quite skeptical if it could be paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Hi ghostly94,
I had a hard time following your story. For instance "It was late one night around 2010 time and, well, this experience was..." Is that the year or military time? I assume the year, but the wording makes it confusing. Then there's this:"this is only one of a many few experiences I've had...". Did you have many or only a few?
Now, if we assume that the black shadow and the feeling of being watched are related (they could be isolated experiances) and nothing else happened, I'd say that 'it' was simply curious about you, and once the curiosity was sated it simply left.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: