You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Memory I Won't Forget

Real Ghost Stories

A Memory I Won't Forget

 

Hey everyone! I am excited to be here. I have been reading your ghost stories for a while and I love this site. This is my first time sharing my experience on this site.

I was 18 years old at the time so this is almost 9 years ago but I do remember it like it just happened. At this time I was living in a city in an apartment with my kids father and his mom and brother (I am not with my kids father anymore. I am married to my soul mate).

It was summer time and we all would hear someone running upstairs all the time when all of us would be downstairs. Sometimes we would hear what sounded like a little boy playing with a ball. He would bounce a ball and be running upstairs and that happened a lot. Sometimes when I was in a room upstairs watching TV, I would hear a little boy talking softly. I would open the door and no one would be there. Things like that would happen.

I know that my kids father and his mother would hear the little boy too. We would talk about the little boy and how we must have a ghost in our house. It never freaked us out much because the little boy seemed friendly. I think he wanted us to play with him. We didn't mind him being there, and he didn't seem to mind us being there either.

One day my boyfriend, his mother Jan, his brother Paul, and I decided to go to the fair. It was fun but I was ready to go home after a few hours. It was hot outside and there were a lot of people there. My boyfriend at the time and I walked home and Jan and Paul stayed.

When we got home I wanted to watch a movie so we did. The movie was about to end and we were upstairs and in this apartment when you're upstairs it's hard to hear what's going on downstairs. So we have like ten minutes left and I hear a little boy talking and then a knock at the door. I thought it was Paul trying to bug us because he was 13 at the time and loved to always be with us. I opened the door and no one was there so me and my boyfriend go downstairs and no one is there. His mom and Paul come home 30 minutes later. They both said that they were not even home.

All of us were a bit freaked out. Later I found out that our apartment was built on what used to be a train station where people would stay overnight sometimes to wait for their train to come. A lot of shady and terrible things would happen there such drugs and rapes.

I have always been really sensitive to the spirit world. I have dreams that come true sometimes and I can also see spirits. I wish everyone here all the best. I do have another experiences that I will share later.

- Pink96

Other hauntings by Posh9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Posh9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pink496 (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Hey there Augusta m 😊
Isn't Stephen king great! One day me and my husband were both bored so we drove up to Stephen kings house and parked the car right across the street and got to look at his house which is beautiful. That was last summer I don't no if he still lives there. We also took a drive to where they made the movie pet cemetery. Me and my husband drove to the house they used in the movie. One of the perks of living in Maine:) and your right I definitely need to do more research about the apartment I was talking to my daughters grandmother which is the lady Jan my x boyfriend mother and she sAid that she remembers the little boy just like it was yesterday. She said that someone told her when it was a train station some shady things happened also some bad bad things allegedly. I will try to find out more. I didn't want to ask her too much because she wasn't feeling that well that day I talked to her. Thank you for welcoming me to YGS everyone has been nice so far so shout out to everyone that welcomed me. Thank you!. All the best to you augusta m -pink496
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Welcome to YGS, Pink!

I have been reading a great deal of Stephen King recently and at this point could pretty much conceive of just about anything happening in Maine! 😆

Your account is an interesting one, though and very believable for its simplicity. I wonder if a trip to the library could turn up any enlightening newspaper articles. The search window likely wouldn't be too large - just Google to find out when the train line was installed and when the station was decommissioned and demolished. Perhaps there was an accident or something more sinister - bodies have turned up in suitcases deserted in train stations.
Pink496 (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-15)
Hey tweet! You won't ever believe this. But yesterday I came across your page on here for the first time and I read a lot of your stories. So it's funny that you comment on my experience. Thank you for sharing I enjoyed them! I am really happy to be here it's great to talk to you all and I want to learn as much as I can. I feel the same way I feel bad if he is he is stuck.

Hi dee! I wish that I had tried to help him by talking to him if he was stuck but I didn't. I was younger at the time so I didn't even think of it but I wish I had. I was told that there was a lot of negative behavior was going on. I since moved out of that apartment so I can't try to talk to the little boy if he is still there but I drive my old apartment a few times a month because it's close to my new house.
Thank you for your comments tweet and Dee. E mail if you would like to talk sometime my email is on my profile all the best to you both pink496
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-14)
Hi Pink, thanks for sharing and welcome. 😊

I thought the same as Dee, it's sad a child seems to be stuck there. But as long as he seems happy, maybe this means he's not stuck, hope so.

Train stations are a hot spot for ghost encounters. So being where one once stood makes sense. Perhaps this boy had a stronger connection to the area than the others. Or perhaps he's connected to your ex boyfriend's family somehow.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-13)
Greetings Pink,

Welcome to YGS. 😊 I'm sure you've come across multiple accounts that are similar to your experiences. I do feel sad thinking that a child in spirit is 'stuck' here, although he sounds good natured. Have you tried talking out loud to him (maybe encouraging him to move on)? Just wondering.

The history of a train station being in the same spot your building is now is interesting. I'm sure there was a lot of activity back then, both positive and negative. That activity will definitely build up some energy. 😊

Thanks for sharing,
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: