You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Night I Won't Forget

Real Ghost Stories

A Night I Won't Forget

 

When I was younger I had an experience at my aunt's house in Meopham. It has always been a very nice house and as children we used to go there alot. I never had any kind of strange or worrying feelings except this one time.

It was during winter and my whole family was in the front room. I was in the hallway of the house playing with my brother and I kept getting a feeling we were being watched but dismissed it as my imagination. After a little while my brother got tired and went to sit with my mum and fell asleep, while I stayed in the hallway playing.

I started to hear what sounded like scratching but my aunt's house is very close to fields and a woods so I figured it was mice or birds and ignored it. By this time it was getting late, about 10pm, and the hallway was dark. I have never been afraid of the dark and actually find it quite peaceful. I was just about to go into where the rest of my family was sitting when I started to get a very uneasy feeling, like something was looking right at me but I couldn't see anything. I stood up turned round to where the door to the front room was and I heard a growl behind me.

I remember looking round and all I could see was eyes and teeth looking straight at me. According to my mum, I started screaming and ran for the front door. After I had calmed down I told her what had happened, but she said it was my imagination playing tricks on me, as most mothers would I guess.

I go to my aunt's place a lot with my children now and it has always felt like a very loving feeling when you walk in, but I still get chills and an uneasy feeling when I stand in the hallway. I have always wondered what was it that I saw, this is not my first strange encounter but it is the one that scared me the most.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, azreal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

azreal (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
Thanks for the feed back everybody. Mike94 as far as I am aware my aunt and uncle never had any animals I think the others are probably right about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
Hi azreal, welcome to YGS. RoMaNzQ just summarised everything I wanted to ask and you also answered it properly. I go with him that it might be one stray paranormal encounter you had in your aunt's place. Still a scary one indeed. I also would like to say that the strange feeling you get is due to the fact that the experienced is so deeply registered in your mind. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Mike94 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Hi Azreal,

That must have been really scary! I felt I had to comment because I had a similar experience when I was about 4 years old in my old house. I used to get scared every night because a 'dog' would come into my room at night and growl at me. When I described the dog my mom said the previous owner of the house had a dog just like that but it died.

I was wondering if your aunt had a dog that passed away that could have made those noises? Especially if the dog passed away before you were born so it didn't recognise you?

Mike
azreal (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Thank you for you help I have wondered if it was a one time experience I have had many more experiences so I will post them when I can.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Hello again,

It sounds like this could have been a one time kind of experience perhaps. Wrong place, wrong timing for you?

If there has been no activity again, I suppose best to let sleeping dogs lay...

Your aunt's place sounds delightful. I am glad that your kids love being there. So no need to freak anyone out.

Taking your experience into consideration, the reason you still continue to feel uneasy in the hallway could be some of the residue from when you were younger... Our mind never forgets... Perhaps this could be the reason for your uneasiness?

I am by no means an expert lol so its merely my rational logic...

I wish you and your family many more happy visits with your aunt 😊.

Should there be any other events, please do post them in the future...

Blessed Be
RomanzQ
azreal (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Hi romanzq I have spoken to my aunt about the property and she has lived there for the last 40 years and never had any strange experiences. My brother said he thought he could hear whispering as though it was right next to him but he is a total sceptic and refuses to believe in any paranormal. As for my kids they seem to love the place and have never had any strange experiences.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Hi Azreal 😊,

Interesting story...

Just a few questions:

1. Did anyone else ever experience what you did or any other weird occurrences in the house?
2. Have you ever tried speaking to your aunt about any experiences she may have had in the home over the years?
3. Have you done any background checks on the home/land/previous owners etc?
4. Now that you take your kids to visit with your aunt, have they had any experiences like yours there?

I look forward to your answers...

Blessed Be
RomanzQ

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: