You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Watched And Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

Being Watched And Shadow Person

 

Since my parents and I moved into the house we live in now I always feel as if there is another person around. I was only 6 when we moved and I am 17 now so this feeling has been with me for a long enough time now to understand that I am not just imagining it. I live in a small town in Scotland and our house is about 100 years old and would have only been lived in by very upper class people back when it was built.

When I was 8 I would start to hear shuffling noises and sometimes even breathing coming from a corner in my room. It freaked me out so much that for the next few years I actually slept in the spare bedroom, telling my parents that the wind kept me up at night. Even then I would still sometimes hear shuffling noises since the spare room was next to my bedroom. I didn't feel as scared though. When I was about 12 I started to sleep in my bedroom again. I would still hear the noises but would just do my best to ignore them.

One night my parents went to a party and wouldn't be home until after midnight, this was the first time I would be by myself in the house at night. I was doing perfectly fine until about 10:30. There was a huge bag full of photos on the floor behind the couch I was lying on and I could hear it rustling. Assuming it had just fallen over I looked back but it was still standing completely still as if it had never moved. I began to watch the television when I heard the rustling behind me again. So I checked it and it still hadn't appeared to move! I began to get really scared and tried to huddle under my blanket as far as I could. The rustling stopped after a minute or so and I tried to relax a bit. But then a few seconds later this translucent hand appeared over my face! It didn't actually touch me or anything but obviously I panicked and sat up. I looked over at the living room door, which was shut. The door has glass panels which allow you to look out into the hallway. Then, all I saw was this 'thing' peer in through one of the glass panels then dart out of my vision. It was solid and looked like a person but it was too fast for me to comprehend, plus I was terrified out of my wits!

The next major thing happened when I was 14. Our door makes a bleeping sound when you open it so we know if someone has come inside the house. It was just before Christmas and the family were all over to swap presents. Halfway through the day the door bleeped. My Mum told me to go and see who it was. When I got into the kitchen (our main door is in the kitchen) I found nobody there. When I looked at the door however, the keys were swinging as if they had been moved. I went back to tell everyone and they all seemed a bit shocked. This happened for about 2 years afterwards. It would only happen if my best friend was with me (she's experienced everything in the house too) or if I was home alone.

While my friend and I had the house to ourselves one afternoon I went downstairs to get us something to drink. When I walked past the living room I looked in, for no apparent reason, and I swear I saw a man sitting on the couch. As soon as I saw it I darted back to my room and told my friend. She went to have a look but he was gone.

The last major experience was a year ago. I have a habit of randomly waking up in the middle of the night for no reason then going back to sleep. However, this night when I woke up I was lying on my back above the covers. I ALWAYS sleep under the covers on my side. I felt the bed move slightly and looked to my side. There was a shadow, of what I thought was a man, sitting on the edge of the bed just watching me. I couldn't make out any features since he was just a black mass and I didn't feel anything negative coming from him. So, I turned so my back was facing him and went back to sleep. I think he just wanted to make sure I was alright since I only ever end up above the covers if I've had a bad dream.

A few months ago I had a dream that I was lying in a bed in, what looked like, my room but with different furniture and décor. It looked like how I'd imagined it to look back when the house was built. Then this random man came into the room and asked how I was feeling. At the time I had a cold and my nose was really stuffy, making it difficult for me to fall asleep in the first place. He wore brown trousers with black dressy shoes. He had a white shirt on with a brown vest over it. He also had a distinctive moustache. He looked very upper class, again, the type of person to live in the house when it was built. In the dream I asked him what his name was, however I cannot remember it for the life of me now! After that he got in the bed and cuddled up with me. I remember snorting and wiping my nose in the dream then waking up, doing it for real at the same time. I had the feeling that the man got kind of grossed out and moved away. I definitely felt as if someone had been hugging me in real life too. The next day I typed his name and the name of my town on google images. After a while I found a photo of a man who looked exactly the same as the man in my dream!

Since then it's just been the usual noises or feelings of being watched. Do you guys think there is a ghost in my house? And if so could it be the man in my dream or am I just imagining it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leapso00, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leapso00 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
I do find it difficult at times to not be scared, but I always try to remind myself that this person is only looking out for me 😊
LittleDeadGirl (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
I do think there is some sort of spirit in your home. However, you should not be scared. Obviously, the spirit has not tried to harm you in any way. It is trying to protect you.
leapso00 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
Thank you for your advice Pragya 😊

I like the idea of researching the house's history and past owners. I'll see what I can find out 😁
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
Its good that you do not feel threatened in the presence of the entity. There are few things you can do.

1. Ignore it if it is not harming you and get on with your life.
2. Try to find the history of the place and also about the owners before you. If they had similar experiences.
3. Try the cleansing method suggested by rook.
4.Pray to God Almighty.

And take care. May your problems be resolved.
😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: