You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Saying Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Saying Goodbye

 

One night out of the blue I had an urge to call my mom, the words "Call your mom" kept popping up in my thoughts. This was not a regular thing since my mom and I had a falling out some time earlier that year (we talk everyday just about now). So I picked up my sister-in-law's house phone and called her. She said, "baby I have some bad news. Your grandpa is in the hospital; and the doctors are saying he may not make it past this week". So I asked her what happened and what was going on with him. She tells me, "the doctors found bacteria all throughout his body and its already shut down most of his organs". So I tell her I will call her back. When I hang up I immediately start with prayer and I asked the good Lord to take my grandpa back home with him so he won't be in any more pain. Because I kept feeling that he was. So after I finish praying I call my mom back and ask her details. She said my grandpa is paralyzed and can't move anything and he keeps telling them he wants pain medicine.

Two days later I was at work cleaning tables when I started to walk towards the back and smelled my grandpa's cologne. It stopped me in my tracks. I stood there and breathed in the scent because I knew it would be the last time I would smell it. I kept envisioning him standing around me in a cloud and telling me he's ok and he'll be back. So I say out loud, "Goodbye grandpa, I love you and I will talk to you later".

When I clocked out I called my mom and she confirmed he had passed away that morning at the hospital. He still visits from time to time and its always a warm comfortable and cologne packed experience.

Other hauntings by taurus83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taurus83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
granny no need for thanks should know by now we're here if you need us 😊 *grins*
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I remember back in 2003 as I said before I heard my uncle calling my name he was not at the house at that time he is not dead so what could it be sounding like my uncles voice?
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
darkassassin92, I believe that there are demons inthe world and there are also spirits, ghosts etc. Some demons can disguise themselves as loved ones to carry on with whatever agenda they may have. I have definitly dealt with something evil for almost my entire childhood. That I will later write about. I believe the dreams you have could possibly do with you missing him or just thinkin about him.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
My dads friend says that ghost are demons in disguise in which I do not believe I believe ghost can be demons but most likely deceased human. My grandpa died in 2000 I had dreams of him but never him saying goodbye to me.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Val, RedWolf, sds, and Morticia: You guys are awesome ❀ Thank you for your offers to help! It really is appreciated. 😁
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
at Miracles and at granny sing out if you need a hand! And I hope youre both back to normal asap! *goes back fixes up bloody keyboard mutters I need work!*

At taurus loved your story, I love how family members (2 and 4 legged!) come to visit and comfort us 😊
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
thanks Takeiteasy & sds. I hope I find your experiences you've written. ❀
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Hi taurus83, it is a nice experience and thanks for sharing.

Granny my prayers are to you that your hands would get okay soon. Any help that you need, I am in alongwith Val and Redwolf. Only that time zone would be different.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
takeiteasy (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
This was a beautiful story. It gave me goosebumps! Thanks for sharing! 😁
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
I have many other experiences to share that terrified me, I will most definitly write them on a later date. I may need help understanding why it happened to me for so long.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
cakelehde Thank you. Comfort amongst many other terrifying experiences is good. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Granny I'm with Val, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. As long as I don't use my tablet editing won't be a problem. πŸ˜†
I know that I haven't been on this site as long as a lot of people but if I can be of any assistance let me know.
Regards
Red
cakelehde (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Very awesome experience. Glad you find so much comfort in it.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
πŸ˜† Your version of normal, Miracle? Just don't get busted πŸ˜‰. Just a thought - maybe you could use one over at the local library? Eh, I know you and Granny will work through this. You always seem to at least. 😊 But, I wanted to at least offer - and if I can help in any way just give me a holler.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
valkricry thanks for commenting. Truly it wasn't scary at all. I've had those kinds of experience since I was real little. It was real comforting. 😳
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
Val - thanks for the offer:) I can use my phone, as much as I hate doing that, to help granny out on site. Unfortunately editing stories cannot be accessed by my phone, or maybe fortunately LOL, considering how tedious and time-consuming that would be. As well as how many mistakes I would make πŸ˜† And, of course, I can use my work computer, when I don't get caught LOL.

But I, and I know granny, would like to thank everyone for your patience until we both are back to normal, or our version of normal anyway πŸ˜‰

And thank you for your offer of help. It really is appreciated. 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
Granny, what's wrong with your hands? Is there anything I can do to help out? I'm not of the same caliber as Miracle, but I can proof-read, and I'm familiar with being a mod. I'd be willing to pinch-hit until she's up and running again. I know allesgute would be willing to too. But anything at all that I can do, just let me know.
Sending healing thoughts your way.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
Yeah, we're running behind. Miracles' computer crashed, and I'm having some problems with my hands so I'm trying (πŸ˜†) to stay off the computer as much as possible.

Sorry everybody, we'll get back to normal soon, I hope! ❀
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
Taurus, lovely account. I'm so happy you made up with your mom.
[at] kritesh; It's hard to say when your story would be published. It all depends on how many stories are submitted and how quickly they can be edited. From my understanding, they're edited in the order they were submitted. It can be a matter of days or weeks. There's just no concrete time limit for it.
kritesh (22 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
good experience scary
But when my story will be publishif I post it today

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: