You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Was After My Husband

Real Ghost Stories

Something Was After My Husband

 

One night my husband and I had been arguing, so he had decided to sleep on the couch and I in the room. I lit candles to calm my mood and was talking on the phone with my mom and ended up on the subject of my father; a powerful Indian shaman.

As we were talking I noticed one white candle start to flicker rapidly while the others barely moved. I saw this as strange because the three were close together to cause a bright glow. So I told my mom and she told me that it was him and told me how to talk to him if it was. Anyhow... About fifteen minutes later my bedroom door opened up a little and then closed again. Immediately I thought someone had come through the front door because that's what it did when someone opened it. So I waited to see if I would hear someone walking around.

Afraid for my husband as he was sleeping only a few feet away from the front door. And of course I heard no noise. So I got up and opened my bedroom door, ran through the hallway and turned the light on. I saw nothing so I made my way around the corner into the living room. It was dark so I turned that light on. My husband was still in the same position he had fallen asleep in and of course saw nothing had been moved etc. So I check the front door and it's still locked (just a note: when the front door is opened you have to struggle to open it so it makes a huge squeaking sound). So I went back to my room; talked to my mom until I fell asleep.

The next morning my husband woke me up to tell me he was leaving for work, and he asked me, "Where did you go last night with the car?" And I told him I hadn't been anywhere because he still had the keys in his pocket. So later that day he told me he had three missed calls from a 666 number. And later that night while on his way home another car almost hit our car and drove him off the road.

Another note: Things like this happen when he is trying to argue with me etc. Crazy huh?

Other hauntings by taurus83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taurus83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
annamary 3, Thanks for your comments and believing. I greatly apreciate that. But I don't believe in coincedense. I definitely used to, but as I have experienced many paranormal occurences; I just cant. Karma, fate etc is what I believe in. I will look up your stories and read as well. 😊
annamary3 (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
This is a great story, very eerie. As elfstone810 said, there can be many non-supernatural reasons for these things happening. With the possibility of those couple things being coincidental, there is still the thing with the door opening and closing by itself. I personally believe that all of those things were supernatural, just because that's how I am. I mean no offense by anyone who believes otherwise. Anyways, this is a great story, definitely scared me.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
elfstone810, you make many great points. I completely understand your point on trying to figure out what is what as far as paranormal activity. I do the same things. Thanks for your perspective it'll definitly help the next time anything happens.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
:) Hi, taurus!

I just know what I've picked up doing my own plumbing. With the supernatural, I always try to consider mundane explanations, not to "debunk" anything but because I think, if we're ever to understand the paranormal, we need to know what is part of the picture and what is not.

The phone calls from the 666 number could well be a random prank. I don't known how it's done, but I'm told there are ways to make someone's caller ID say almost anything. And, as for the car that almost hit him, well, there are a lot of crazy drivers out there.

The other things you've described, though, are less easily dismissed. The flickering candle *could * have had a damaged wick, but it would have been a hell of a coincidence for it to reach the damaged part just at the same time as you were talking about your dad. Coupled with the later incident with the door opening and the footsteps, it makes for a compelling case.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
elfstone810, I understand what your saying as far as the toilet problem. You sound like you know way more than I do about plumbing; I'm definitly not an expert in that area. You make a great point.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
vivian678, I'm definitly thinking now it was a phone bug or something else. I'll probably never know. It hasnt happened since then or before.
vivian678 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Interesting account... The 666 number usually is a number for a cab company, I was staying in a friend's dorm once, and was awakened by a call at 1 am from a 666 number. They left a voicemail saying a cab was waiting for me even though I had never called them.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
To elfstone I never went to school there I only went there for summer school in 2004 when I was 12 when I heard the toilet flush it happened once it didn't keep going I checked under stalls no one was in the bathroom but me.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
I'm not saying the school isn't haunted. I'm simply saying that a flushing toilet isn't necessarily paranormal.

How old is your school building, btw? I think my family lived in Eugene before I was born. Some of my older siblings might have gone there way back in the day.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
To elfstone I do not think they were broken south eugene is haunted by the ghost Robert a lot of people told he throws things at them like pencils they feel chills.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
If a toilet has an old or damaged flap that doesn't seal completely it can, indeed, flush by itself.

If you look at, for example, the drain under a hand sink you'll notice that the pipe curves up before turning down again. This curve is called a "trap" because it traps water, which acts as a barrier to sewer gases (so your house doesn't smell bad.) With a toilet, the hole at the bottom of the bowl opens to a pipe going up. The bowl and pipe together form the trap.

When you push down on the flush handle it raises the flap, letting the water in the tank flow down into the bowl. When the weight of the water in the bowl is enough to overcome the inertia of the water in the trap, it starts pushing it down the drain and suction kicks in. Because water is running out faster than it's running in, when what's in the bowl is gone air enters the line. That breaks the suction and the rest of the water from the tank refills the bowl.

If the flap doesn't seal completely, water will leak out, filling the bowl slowly until it reaches the tipping point and makes it flush.

Not saying that DID happen, only that it could have.

Sorry for the long post!
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
swimsinfire, my father is protective from a distance. Him being a Shaman any number of things happening doesn't surprise me. Thats awesome your son having a ghost friend whom would defend you both. And I couldn't agree with you more on having to defend yourself.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Cool dad! And it's not far-fetched. My son had a total stranger of a ghost do any number of things to my old boyfriend every time he got abusive with my son or myself. I'm thinking your not suposed to have to defend yourself in a relationship, so maybe your dad can have a word or two with the man.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Others I heard in 2006 said that if you seat in roberts seat people feel chills and throw pencils at people or something I have a book called oregons ghost and monsters I had since 2007 of may I think my cousin said he saw it first he was lying so he could get the book it has south eugene in it I do not remember what it says exactly I think it was a very short story of it.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
its quite possible it could have been a ghost. Believe me I would have ran to! How can you imagine a toilet flushing? Seriously though, I mean there's no way anyone would just randomly imagine a toilet flushing. So no definitly you didn't imagine anything.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Do you think the ghost flushed the toilet when no one was there? I told my summer school teachers they said I think it was automatic toilets or I was imagining like my dad said automatic toilets he went to school there he said he thought he saw something but he was high drugs that time. I do not know if it was a ghost but I ran out there as fast as I could.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
it may have been, but it also could have not. Stories come from some experience. So if people are saying it is, it had to of come from someone dealing with an occurence in the school. And also automatic toilets don't flush unless there was someone just getting off of it. So if you checked the stalls and no one was in there then most likely there was something else.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I remember in july of 2004 I was in summer school and I had to use the bathroom yes I know gross I looked in the stalls no one was there then I heard the toilet flush by itself not my stall scared me to death everyone says it is automatic toilets I do not think it was automatic toilets it was south eugene high school it is haunted by a student named robert granke died in 1952 I think by falling from catwalks.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
thats absolutly scary! My mom took a pic of my oldest son at her home when he 2. It showed a huge smoky figure with claws and an evil smile wrapping its arms around my son as if it were trying to grab him. I had the picture for a while then I lost it. It terrified me when I saw it.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
My dads godaughter I think in 2009 had a photo of herself and some evil face appeared on it I never saw the photo because I seen demon can follow people I seen from a haunting where demons dwell very scary. My dad told me about it and her.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I believe scientists try their hardest to explain everything with some kind of scientific term. Which makes me laugh sometimes. Sleep paralysis I have never had my entire life, but I have had an experience with that sort of thing and it terrified me. Which was one of the first scary occurences I had when I was around 10 years old. In one of the houses I lived in as a child. Maybe your dad doesn't want to believe in them out of fear or something else.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I had sleep paralysis since 2011of july or August from what I remember I may had it when I was younger but do not remember. It was june of 2013 I was sleeping it felt like something touch my left leg like a hand I do not know if its paranormal sometimes sleep paralysis is paranormal I read. My dad can sine ghost energy as I mentioned before he does not know if they exist or not.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I definitly think your dad is a Sensitive. Its something like when a person can sense spirits and can hear them. There are different levels of sensitives.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Both my dads parents died from cancer my dad said when he was younger he got pushed by something then looked and nothing was there I think he was 26 at the time he is now 46.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
ok, the next time you hear popping or knocking turn everything off. Make it as quiet as you can. Then try and determine where its coming from. If you hear it making something like a rhythm then pray and ask it to stop. Tell it to go away. Spirits can follow you. Your dad may be a Sensitive and you as well. Look that word up "Sensitive or empath" it will give you a lot of info to help you understand.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Sometimes I do hear things like popping in house or knocking it could be the fan I do not think it is the neighbors I do not live in that house anymore I moved out in 2005 of june. I think in 2002 I did see a ghost in heceta lightouse a blue apparition others say it is gray I do not really remember anything.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I can feel them all the time when others cant. Spirits can mess with electronic devices. Tv's,phones, stereos. Has it happened since then? Because it may just be at your dads house, and itstrying to scare you. They also feed off of negative energy. Like being scared, angry or sad.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
maybe the tv on sounded like him I swear it sounded like his voice. Back in 2010 I went to white eagle tavern in oregon where I live my dad felt a presence I did not feel anything. Since I can not feel ghost presence I believe so I do not really hear things that much.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Darkassassin92, Most likely its a spirit trying to get you to acknowledge its there. Especially if its calling your name. Did anything else happen after that? For example: knocking on anything and you couldn't quite determine where it was coming from? Or did you get a bad feeling in your gut or the air around you? Let me know. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I have been through a lot with spirits (Mean and good), so I may beable to help you.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
Back in 2003 when I was elven now 21 I was with my dads roomate then I heard my uncle calling my name when I looked he was not there he is not dead could this be something evil or good?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: