You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Mother's Final Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

A Mother's Final Goodbye

 

S o at first I'd like to say that this story is a little foggy to me so I don't have the detailed specifics of the story. Also I have to explain a few things in order for a few of you to understand where I'm coming from first of all I am currently an adopted child living with my aunt (my mother's sister). I address her as mom seeing as I've lived with her since I was a toddler. This information will most likely be useful for future encounter and experiences.

It was Early September I think. It was a cold morning and was during the early 2000s. I was in bed with my aunt and I think I was three at the time this happened, but I was sitting on the bed while my Aunt was asleep next to me. I still didn't really know how to talk; it came out as mostly mumbles and babbling but what I remember is feeling this sort of presence during this time.

My mother was in the hospital for something, I don't exactly remember what, but she was getting progressively better. I remember sitting on the bed then turning my head to the upper left corner of the room right where the two walls of the room and the roof come together. I then proceeded to speak fluently clear English to said corner of the room. (Though sadly I don't remember what the conversation was about) But what I do remember about the conversation was it felt very odd. Now during this conversation my aunt had woken up because she heard me talking and started to freak out a little.

There is one distinct sentence I can remember clear as day that I said, it was "Goodbye Mom" A few minutes later we got a call a call from the house phone. My mom had died shortly after I uttered those two words.

I still don't know if this is classified as spiritual because as I said the story is hazy for me but to me it seemed less spiritual and more it still gives me the shivers every time I look back at it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Overlordundead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
I think it was spiritual. Your Mom came to visit you in spirit and you were granted the gift of speech solely for the visit. This was a heartwarming event.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
😢

Hi, Overlord. (Joke: Are you an evil or good one?)

Since this took place about 20 years ago, I think it unlikely you could answer any of the good questions that have been asked. A very interesting story, however. Whether ghostly or not, it is definitely not a normal, everyday event.:)
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-15)
Hello Overlordundead,

What a fascinating experience! A mother visiting her child the one last time when she realises she can no longer be able to nurture her baby, hold her in her arms and sing the lullabies. Indeed heart-breaking.

You mentioned you were talking in fluent English

Do you think it was because of the influence of your mother?

Rather than verbal it felt more to me like an emotional conversation.

Maybe your mother helped you to convey the things you possibly couldn't have as a toddler.

Nevertheless, truly a heartfelt narrative.

Peace
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-15)
Hi, Overlordundead...

This is an amazing story, and it also brought tears to my eyes. I feel like your mom really did come to say goodbye to you. When you say the conversation felt cold, did you feel physically cold, as if the temperature in the room had dropped?

I am so sorry that you lost your mom when you were so little, but it really seems like she was letting you know that she would always be with you. Thank you for sharing this very moving story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: