You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl By The Computer

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl By The Computer

 

I can remember this as if it was yesterday. One night, it about 8:00 or 9:00, I was sitting at my mom's kitchens table talking to her. My daughter was six years old at the time. Mind you she was asleep on the couch and my sister was not home at the time, so it was just the three of us there: my daughter, mom and myself.

I got up to walk to the sink to put a glass or something of that sort when, out the corner of my eye, I saw a little girl standing by the computer. Me, thinking it was my daughter, said "Lay back down" and I continued walk to the sink to put whatever it was in it that I had.

After I put it in the sink I walked to the living room to see if my daughter was laying back down. Now mind you, between me telling her to lay back down and walking to the sink, it took a few seconds, maybe three seconds at the most. To my surprise she was asleep and never moved. So anyhow, I went back and sat at the table and my mom asked me what I was doing. I told her I was checking on my daughter because she was standing by the computer.

I knew what I saw once I seen my child sleeping on the couch. It was the little girl that got murdered in the 50's on Halloween night when she went trick or treating by herself. She was only seven or eight at the time.

I can still remember what the girl looked like, just as if I had just seen her. She was wearing a white gown with long light brown hair and she was the prettiest ghost I have ever seen. It did freak me out though for a few seconds.

After that she would play games with you like turning of the television or turning lights on and off and stuff like that. She didn't scare you, she was just being a child that played games on you.

Let me know what you think about this story. I have more to post.

Other hauntings by d2424

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, d2424, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
I really appreciate every ones thoughts and opinions. I think she is like attached to me or something. But mostly I think I always pick the haunted houses. To be honest because I always seem to find a spirit in my house no matter where I live.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
[at] d2424, Not so sure its the little girl whom was murdered in the 50's, it could be a girl spirit just trying to play with your daughter. She may have sensed her in the home. And also could have just been trying to get your attention. Have you ever tried a voice recorder, and tried talking to the spirit? You may beable to get some answers as to why she visited, or just came through. Awesome experience!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
Granny: thanks... I missed reading d2424 previous stories and wasn't aware that several spirits use her place like a "condominium" 😆
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Hi d2424, I am still not sure that it was the girl who got murdered in 1950s. I feel that it might have been a spirit of a child. But without much information on this aspect, I am not quite sure about it. You said in your post that you got pushed down the steps. Where was it? Whether it was in the same house where you saw the little girl?

Please clarify before I give my comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
D24,
Well, I guess unless the spirit decided to speak, we only have our assumptions to go on. 😊 Whether her death was tragic or not, doesn't really matter at this point. She seems happy to be with your family, and that's all that really counts.
d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
lady-glow I ment that I remembered what the apparition looked like sorry for the misunderstanding. Valkricry it was the only murder in that town and I guess I just assume it is that little girl. Yes I know what story that was I believe it was where I got pushed down the steps and I appericiate your opinion I have to agree about the mom thing.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Lady-glow: My understanding is that d2424 remembers the sight of the apparition, not the live girl.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
d2424
If she was murdered in the 50's and you still remember what the girl looked like -about 60 years ago- how can you be a young adult? 😕
I'll let you know what I think after you explain this little detail. 😳
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
d2424,
Tales of wee ghosties always make me feel a bit sad. I'm not doubting the validity of your account, not an iota! But I do have a question. How did you know who the little girl was?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Hi D24, I get the impression from your other stories that your household is a very tight, and loving one. You mentioned this poor girl went through a tragedy, she probably just needed to be around a family where she feels safe and can be a kid. In another post I remember you ready to take on ghost, demon, you didn't know what, but you were sure were ready to fight anything that would threaten your child. Personal opinion only, I think this child looked at you and said that's the Mom for me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: