You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Can My Computer Read?

Real Ghost Stories

Can My Computer Read?

 

I am really puzzled. Today in work (Liverpool, England), I took a confidential file out and put it on my desk. It was about a pupil of mine called Roxanne *******. One side of my desk is clear for working on; the other side has a keyboard and monitor on. When placing the file on my desk it was clear of my keyboard, but as soon as I sat down a small 'Windows' display box came up over the 'start' button, saying 'find filename Roxanne'.

I have never seen this display box before, and, as we are not allowed to keep pupils files on the computer due to confidentiality issues, there is no reason why this name would come up. 'Roxanne' is hardly a common name that I would have searched for before so I've no idea why this happened.

There were two other people in the room who saw this happen, but the 'Windows' box disappeared about thirty seconds after it appeared. Other things have happened in the same office that I just can't explain and it's really annoying!

About a year ago, I was photocopying. The photocopier is in a narrow corridor. There is about two foot of space between it and a filing cabinet opposite it. I was photocopying a large number of papers, so every few seconds I'd get some copies, and place them on top of the filing cabinet behind me. This worked well for a few minutes, then I turned around to place some more on the pile and there was a penny on top of my copies. There is no way anyone could have passed me and left it there due to the confined space so I have no explanation.

Another similar incident happened to someone else in the office, who was at a desk collecting a parcel from a delivery man. As she took the parcel from him, a pen top fell down onto it from directly above them.

On another occasion, a cleaner quite unexpectedly asked 'who the old man was in the office last night?' We have no old men working here so we couldn't answer her.

I can understand misinterpreting logical events, but I can't find any cause for these. Can anyone enlighten me, or provide a feasible explanation please?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tricaro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tricaro (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Thanks for all your comments. I have never felt scared at work, more puzzled. I'll say something next time an event happens (if it does), and I'll also keep you all updated. Thanks again!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Tricaro, my thoughts are running parallel with DARKNESS's. It appears as if you definitely have an intelligent haunting. The word haunting always sounds so ominous and menacing, but in this case, "haunting" is not a bad thing.

In your situations, nothing bad appears to have happened. These occurrences have just been to show you that someone is there. The computer was just another example of "Hey, I'm here. See me? Hellooooo! I'm right here!" Imagine how many years some of these ghosts go without anyone being gifted enough, or willing enough, to see them?

Depending on the history of the building, it could be anyone: former owner, employee, contractor, someone who met with an untimely death while walking past the building. No one really knows without doing a complete investigation. But unless you are really upset and feel threatened by these incidents, I really think you can co-exist peacefully in your working environment.

Of course, it can be startling when you turn around to see something that wasn't there to begin with and no one around to have placed the object there. Or you might see a shadow over your shoulder while you're typing 😊. Just smile and say "thank you" when these things happen. A small acknowledgement, even if your co-workers think you're nuts 😆.
MARINExSNIPA (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
I think these spirits don't pose a threat so don't you worry about a thing. Maybe they are trying to get attention since no one knows they are there. If I were a ghost I would do that. And that penny they left you that was nice, I mean nobody just gives you a free penny. Thanks for sharing 😁 😁
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
That was weird. It could be a spirit that wants to be recognized or acknowledged. Was your office a warehouse or somthing before? Because it could help you who the old man was or why have those occurences in the office.

butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
as others have said, wants to be acknowledged, and also likes to pull jokes. I recently done an paranormal investigation at a place that had a very similar sounding type of presence. Sounds completely harmless, and probably likes the odd joke.
The computer one sounds wierd though, I personally have not heard of any spirit typing something into a computer. I don't doubt others probably have though.
California_Girl (9 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
This spirit or spirits want you to know of there presence. Be thankful it's not evil. Feel free to email me at alyssabautista [at] yahoo.com I have a few stories I'd like to share with you while I've been at work!
JeffGhostbuster (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
This experiences are not common to me, but I can see that someone died and loved his job that he misses his work so much so he comes back again and again 😨 😨 😨
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Interesting story, sounds like there is a intelligent haunting happening in your work place. I would find out about the history of this place maybe someone has passed on but loved his work to much to cross over. These experiences are attention seeking I think they want to be acknowledged.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: