You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Comes To Say Goobye

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Comes To Say Goobye

 

It's been a long time since I last experienced any paranormal activity, which I think is a good thing for me. My wife has experienced more paranormal things then I have, which I got to see during the years of our marriage. This leads me to my story because this is my wife's experience and not mine.

My grandmother and I were very close. When my mother died of cancer, we were even closer. When I decided to go to college, I chose a school close to her (she lived 160km from my home). It was great, she was special. My best friend you could say. Over the years it was hard to keep in touch but I would twice a year make a surprise visit with my wife and children. She always laughed about this because the day before my visits she wondered if I would be coming soon. She once surprised me because I came over once and she already had a bed and dinner for us and she just said she had that feeling I was coming.

There is one thing I hate the most and that is time. Time ticks by and you just can't do everything. And sadly I couldn't spend as much time with her as I would have wished. I was at work when I got a phone from my father that my grandmother passed away. I was devastated. I didn't show it because I had to comfort my wife and other people who just could not accept it. I remember that I could only cry when nobody was around or if everybody was asleep. It was hard. I never had the chance to say goodbye.

To days after she passed away I fell asleep with my children. It was late and my wife was doing the dishes. As she was doing her dishes she heard someone walking up the stairs. She knew it was grandma. She recognized the way she walked. She heard the wood squeaking and you could tell those were exactly her steps. My wife in the corner of her eye saw a red aura. She said the aura was her height but never saw any human shapes or forms. She looked at the aura, it floated by her slowed down beside her and entered the room I was sleeping with my children. My wife knew that I couldn't say goodbye to my grandma. So she came to me and my children and said goodbye. My wife never was scared she had the warm feeling my grandma had. Grandma wanted to say goodbye and she did. And I'm happy about that.

Other hauntings by ChrisB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChrisB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Oh thanks Fergie 😁 My English is REALY bad and I didn't get it. Lol Now I do:) I'm glad you enjoyed my story. Till this day I keep thinking about her and it is hard, now one said it would be easy but its good to know that Grandma and mom are looking down at me. I hope I can make the proud. Sometimes when I look at a calendar I wish I could flick those pages back when they were with me. Sadly those pages are flicked the other way WAY TOO fast.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
ChrisB, about the onions. They make you 'cry', but Swimsinfire was crying about your story; she thought that it was lovely. 😉

I think it is a lovely story too. I am just sad that you missed the event.

Thank you for sharing your lovely narrative.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
I still don't get the onion thing! Whats with that 😆 I wish my English was better lol
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
ChrisB - Yak Shimash! LOL dear Lord I hope that really means how are you in Polish 😆. Beautiful and touching story. I love hearing about loved ones coming back to console the ones left behind. Thanks for sharing ❤- Notjustme
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Redwolf I also am sory for your loss. Some answers we will never know. We can only wait until someday we will join tchem. Till the mean time let's try to have fun here 😁,Its hard at Times but trust me my friend they are all takeing care of us. Loved ones NEVER go away
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
swimsinfir you kind of lost me there I'm Polish lol:) but hey, we all love onion rings 😆
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
SaraEliz some are believers in my family but not everybody. The most important thing is what I believe if they don't well... They don't know the truth 😆
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
zzgranny 😁 I know I'm a lazy bum 😆 But ill try to be here a little more often. Ill be honest I missed it
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
KaysieX thank you very much. Sometimes and sadly it doesnt. But I know one thing. They are always watching over us I promise you that.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Rozemaiden than you very dearly I aswell am sorry about your loss but a very interesting story you have about your grandmother. It is a great feeling when your close ones say goodbye.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Thank you all for your kind words. Its been a long time since I have been here and I wanth to thank you all ver much. I hope I find more time to be with you all but you know how it is with work and children and being lazy:)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
ChrisB
I'm so sorry for your losses. I lost both grandparents in the 90's and both parents '05 my father and '08 my mother. I have stories on here about my grandfather saying goodbye, and one about my mother saving my life when I was in the hospital with pneumonia shortly after she died. So I know how you feel about loss and saying goodbye to a loved one.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
No, it's the onions, really. Happens every time. So sorry for your loss, but verry glad for your relationship. Thankyou for the story.
SarahEliz (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
This is a lovely story and i'm so sorry for your loss. This experience is a very special one and one i'm sure you will not forget. Do not be afraid to tell the rest of your family about this night, as I am sure the will appreciate how special a moment that would be but also take comfort from her final visit.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
ChrisB: First of all, welcome back! I had begun to think you'd forgotten about us ❤. You've been away too long, Mister!

Anyway, this is an great story. I'm so glad she came to visit, even though you may not have been aware at the time.

Thank you for posting. 😊
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
I am very sorry for your losses of both your mother and grandmother, but this is a beautiful story and I'm glad you shared it. I like to think that this will eventually happen to me.
Rozemaiden (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
That's a beautiful story. When my grandmother passed, her she would turn on lights and you'd be able to smell her perfume. This lasted a while and then she moved on.

I'm glad that you were able to know that your grandmother came to say goodbye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: