You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Entity With The Covered Face

Real Ghost Stories

Entity With The Covered Face

 

The incident I want to write about happened almost exactly six years ago. I spent part of the summer with my relatives in the UK and in August I flew back to Poland, at the other end of Europe. When I reached my parents' home I was dog tired after a night spent in planes and on the airport in between the flights, and a half of a day in a car. I didn't sleep much during that, as you can imagine, then, at home I had to unpack and do some stuff, so when the night came I was really exhausted and seriously needed some sleep. So I went to bed.

My bedroom was a big, spacious room upstairs. To get there from the stair landing I had to pass through the other, much smaller room with one window, opposite to the door leading to my bedroom. I could see that window from my bed actually and I usually kept the door between the rooms open, as I never felt really safe in my bedroom.

That night I fell asleep very fast and I slept like a stone with no dreams whatsoever. But there was no rest for me. I woke up suddenly, with my heart pounding, and immediately noticed that there was someone in the smaller room, clearly visible in the dim light coming from the window nearby. It was a tall man in the old fashioned dark suit and white shirt. The most horrible thing was he didn't have any visible head on his broad shoulders. It might sound stupid (or like a story written with someone with the imagination not enough vivid), but where his head should be there was only a mass of something like a stiff, greyish fabric, vertically creased and covering entirely his head and neck (if there was any, that is).

I was scared out of my mind. I started screaming, I screamed so loudly I had a sore throat for the next few days. I felt like this entity was not Casper, the friendly ghost. It was evil. Fearing that it might come into my room, blocking entirely my way out and thinking that I would go insane if it touched me or something, I decided to use my only chance of escape. I sprang out of the bed, run out of the bedroom and into this smaller room and dived in that space between the entity and the old wardrobe, standing next to the wall on my left. I was actually doing that with my eyes closed, I would not dare run anywhere near to that something, looking at it.

Miraculously I managed not to smash myself into anything and I made it to the stairs. But when I was running through that place the entity stood, I swear I touched something. It was cold, smooth, soft and a little bit sticky, a bit like a fur covered with the cobwebs. Then I flew downstairs, nearly falling down the steps in the process, and waking up my dad, a skeptic, who does not believe in paranormal, he even denied the things we witnessed together.

I spent the rest of the night on the couch and the next day I went to investigate. Believe me I was scared when I was entering that room, even in the full daylight. I examined everything carefully, looking for anything I could touch accidentally, while fleeing from there the night before.

Nothing. The wardrobe was closed tightly, no clothes were sticking out. The place where the apparition had been standing was completely empty, no cobwebs on the wall, and nothing fur-like around. To this day I don't know what I saw and what I touched that night.

My parents' house is almost century old. I don't know about any deaths happening there, but there were many paranormal occurrences in my bedroom and in the other parts of the house. Mostly noises, knocks, bangs, footsteps on the stairs (once my parents and I were sitting in the living room downstairs, my sister was upstairs in her bedroom. We heard someone walking down the stairs, through the hallway, then the bathroom door opening and closing. We assumed it was my sis and imagine our surprise when she really got downstairs a moment later), the doors opening and closing by itself, a rattling like someone was pulling the door violently, once a voice whispering my name.

So yes, definitely there is something in that house. But what did I see that night?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Basilissa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
[at] Basilissa, oh hey you will read a lot of others are either still going through it or have. My childhood was filled with activity. So I can completely understand exactly how you felt and still feel. And my step dad and grandfather would do the same thing. Denial was the best antidote for them. Until this last year my stepdad would deny anything and everything, until he saw something in their room. I loved your story, It literally brought me back to my spooky childhood
Basilissa (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Spiritwaiting, the poltergeist -like activity (thank you, it's good to hear that I'm not only one dealing with something like that!) had happened there ever since we moved in. I was four then, and I remember me and my sis were scared of a huge old cabinet, filled with some papers. It had a habit (if a cabinet can have a habit) of opening by itself in the middle of the night, with that freaky sound the old hinges make. And, as I said, there were the footsteps, door rattling and door slamming from the day one.

Then one summer, when I was nine, my older cousin convinced my sis and me to make a seance with homemade ouija. We used a saucer and some letters, cut put of the paper. Nothing happened, though I must admit we did not close the seance properly. After that all the stuff with the crawlspace door opening by itself started, so I suppose we actually called something during that seance and it stayed.

My parents still live there, and my dad stil vehemently denies that anything paranormal is happening in the house, though he himself witnessed it many times. He always finds some rational explanations and if none fits, he just dismisses what happened as our hallucination.

Yes, I still have an uneasy feeling when I'm in my former bedroom, even during the day. I feel observed by someone. And I hate going in there after dark. I'm scared whren I have to do that.

BlueTurtle, thank you too. Yes I do avoid this room, though I still live with my parents. Now I sleep in the other, smaller bedroom, that has no door to the crawlspace and feels much safer. I hear the noises in the night sometimes, usually from the crawlspace (it is well insulated, so there is no way any animals could get in there) or from that room which used to be my bedroom, behind the wall. This wall dividing my bedroom ad that room is the one that has the bricked up door that rattles sometimes, but these sounds are always coming from behind the wall.

The newest addition to the ghost activities in the house is the kitchen door, opening by itself. Now, I know the door can be faulty and do that because of some mechanical reasons, but I saw it many times clearly as a day: a doorhandle going down, and then springing up like it was released by someone rapidly, opening the door. And it always happens during the night.

The house is a part of the farm and there were some clearly paranormal incidents outside, on the grounds, but that is, I think, another story.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
I'm sorry but it's strange that the first thing I thought of was Slenderman... Which I know is a completely false and 'fun' haunting story.

Still, a sight like that would have scared me too and I'm sorry that it happened to you. Do you still live at your parent's home or have you moved away? Whatever is residing there, it's clearly no good and I would suggest avoiding it if you can.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Basilissa, scary experience to say the least! I to have been through doors rattling etc. Poltergeist activity, it sounds like. What age were you when all of this was going on? Where around the teen years? Oh yeah, The feeling of cobwebs, and cold, are usually the spirit, or entity touching you. When you felt those two combinations you most likely ran right into it, or it ran into you. The feelings you got, are more than likely the vibrations it was emiting throughout the room. The evil feelings I meant to say. Do your parents still stay in this house today? If so, do you still live there, or visit? Do you still get the uneasy feelings in that room? Great experience, it creeped me out, when you gave that description of those two rooms adjoining like that. It gave me the feeling of being trapped.
Basilissa (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Siemanko:D Poles, Poles everywhere:D Yes, I did feel a presence in that room, a presence that made me uneasy and I used to have the night terrors while living there (once I fled downstairs in panic, screaming at the top of my lungs "It's him! It's him!". Dad told me that I did not remember anything but fear, until the moment I got downstairs). They stopped as soon as I moved out. My niece, she's seven, hates to stay in that room alone after dark. Someone has to stay with her when she is supposed to sleep there.

I don't really think this entity was a dead relative. I saw my grandpa's face, in the reflection in the windowpane in his house, after he died. I felt maybe a little bit uneasy (I was little girl back then), but not scared. After all it was my beloved grandpa. And this entity, whatever it was, it felt evil.

As for the other encounters in that room, these were just noises, and once a voice whispering my name. At first I thought it was my sis, but then it dawned on me that she wasn't home actually.

The noises are usually the footsteps, loud and heavy, like a big man walking. Sometimes it sounds more like someone running or like something heavy falling onto the floor. Sometimes at night something rattles, like a closed door, pulled by someone impatiently. That door, though, does not exist, it got bricked up almost thirty years ago. In the wall nearby there is a door to the crawlspace, that sometimes opens up on its own, sometimes it also closes back. When I used to sleep in that room I sometimes had dreams, about the door to the crawlspace opening, and something bad coming out of there. I still get them from time to time, especially when I'm getting through a stressful period.
EchoStrung (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
I don't believe that this was a human spirit. Non-human spirits cannot manifest with human features, hence the covered face. These things feed of of your fear, and use it to grow stronger. Being woken up by that, I probably would have run as well.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Siemanko 😁.Glad to have a talk with soeembody from our country 😁.Well I have to say that was a very freaky experience you encounterd! I wouldn't want to be in your shoes! Well to the story. Its hard to say what you encountered. Was this the first time you saw him or felt his presence? I think there is a lot more to this story since there have been more encounters there. What I'm asking is if you have felt him?/Not by touch but by presence. If not have you felt other spirits presence. That is important because if its him you might find some answers in the family. Maybe a deceaesed family member. But there is a Chance that there might be multipuple spirits there. I hope you can share some other encounters you have had there because maybe this will give us a better clue what is going on. To me personaly I think this was a spirit trying to show itself. Do you think your more of a sensitive? I'm just asking because maybe your seeing more then others. I know how it is when family doesn't believe. Here in Poland I think 90 percent of people don't believe in spirits. And when they see one they never believe what they see. Thanks for sharring and hope to hear from you soon and take care. Pozdrawiam 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: