You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lesson Learned From A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Lesson Learned From A Ghost

 

This is not my story. It is a friend of mine who had experienced this and I am writing it as narrated by him.

In Mumbai people are always ready for trekking and exploring places around them as they want to run away from the hectic life of Mumbai, as is my friend (Prasad).

Prasad and his 5 friends planned a trip to Kokan Maharashtra. It was just a trip without any location and spot. Just to discover the road and the greenery around the Kokan area, two days on road trip in a vehicle.

As they had their own vehicle, they started off late to the journey at around 4 pm. It was a no spot, no hotel booking, nothing, trip so they all took time on their way to enjoy each and every spot they came across.

When they were almost near Ratnagiri, it was 10 pm and everybody was tired and hungry. They could not find anything for a long stretch of road for dinner.

A friend suggested for being here previously that a few kilometers ahead there is a family who feeds people for minimal amount and also the food was great. So they went to that place and asked the person (Madhukar) if they can feed 6 people and he agreed for 400 rs. Madhukar lived there with his wife and 2 sons (one around 6 years and other 8 years old) in hut-like house made by stones and mud. There were 2 other house near by. A family resided in the immediate next house and other was not so maintained house and nobody stayed there and it was locked.

As everybody was tired, Prasad suggested to his friends, "We can stay here for this night". All agreed and they asked Madhukar. Initially Madhukar said no he can't allow staying anybody here as there have been incident of being robbed 2 times. But on insisting and convincing he agreed on a promise that no smoking and alcohol should be done during the stay. Everybody in the group planned to have drinks they carried but they promised Madhukar not to drink or smoke.

Then he finally took them to the locked house nearby and said there is only one bulb and a fan and only hall can be used other rooms are locked. All of them nodded and prepared to sleep and as Madhukar went, Prasad locked the main door and removed the whiskey bottle he brought and started filling glasses.

They were sitting in circle and having a laugh about Madhukar and drinking and smoking except one of his friend Mahesh (weakest guy in the group, 5'-4" and thin body) who went quiet after they started drinking. He had his head down and was moving side by side like a pendulum and moaning. Nobody noticed that, as everybody thought it was after effect of whiskey until something really strange thing happened to the weakest guy in group with a squeaky voice. He turned his head up to the ceiling, eyes rolled up, pupils not visible, and mouth open and humming like sound.

Then Mahesh started to shout in a voice which wasn't his, heavy and scary double voice, "Itun nigha, nahi tar tumhi udyacha surya nahi bagnar" (Go away else you won't see tomorrow's sun). He was continuously saying that, as if he was chanting a mantra. Shaking his body side by side. Everybody was stunned for few seconds, they were scared like hell. Prasad got up immediately, he was not in his senses at all but our mind starts reacting when it is scared or hurt. He was scared, so he reacted by opening the door taking Mahesh out first and then others. In just few second Mahesh stopped doing the weird voices and shaking his body. He fell on the ground unconscious.

They immediately called Madhukar who gave them the room and started cursing him for leading them to such incident. Madhukar was scared as Prasad was very angry, Prasad could have beaten Madhukar. Madhukar asked what they did in the room after he left. They explained to him everything that they drank and smoked. Madhukar said, "Bhau, me mhanlo na daru and cigarette nako..." (don't smoke or drink here.) Prasad asked "What is the connection between this incident and drinking?"

Then he explained the story that once that house belonged to a family of 3 people, husband (Rama) wife and a little girl. Rama had a bad habit of drinking and they use to have fight everyday due to his habit. They have to sell there land and jewellery, but in the end they had nothing left. Rama realised his mistake but was to late as he was going to die due to drinking problem. He and his wife were depressed and planned to commit suicide, and they did. Wife and little girl were poisoned and Rama hanged himself in hall were Prasad and his friends stay.

Madhukar said that his spirit still stays there but it does not harm anybody if they are not drinking or smoking. On hearing this story Prasad slummed down as if he had no legs. He was scared and was sweating. He felt lucky that he did the right thing by taking everybody out the house.

Prasad packed everybody's bag and took his friends out of that place. Mahesh came to his conscious after 3-4 hours remembering nothing. He just remembered that when he drank it felt like he drank something very heavy object and rest he don't remember. Prasad told him what happened and he was shocked and wanted to go home immediately. They ended there trip that day itself.

Today Mahesh is fine nothing happened to him after that incident. Prasad always mention that story to us whenever we plan a trip.

Scary it is. I have stopped going to Prasad's unplanned trip.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YogExper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

YogExper (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-01)
Well said Miracles51031.
People have the tendency to do things when they are told not to do it. And its not just india it can be any country. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
Claudia_Sofia - back to the original topic, sometimes people sneak, thinking they're not going to get caught. I'm sure these guys thought the same thing. After all, the house was empty, who would ever know, right? 😉 LOL Hopefully they learned their lesson.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
Claudia_Sofia - thank you. And I just realized I spelled your name wrong the last time. Sorry about that 😊
Claudia_Sofia (8 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
Miracles.-Yes, I was harsh including everyone from India on my comment, it certainly doesn't speak highly about those six. I am actually from Mexico but I have been living in Canada for the past ten years.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
Claudia_Sophia - don't you think you are being a bit harsh and judgmental? Judging an entire country on the actions of 6 guys? Seriously? Just because they did not keep their word does not mean every man, woman and child in India is like that.

That would be the same as saying everyone from Canada (your home country as listed on your profile) is judgmental just because you have made a remark like this. I hope everyone from, and living in, Canada (geetha 😉) will forgive me for that statement.
Claudia_Sofia (8 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
They did the wrong thing!, they promised not to drink nor smoke and they did. I guess in India giving your word means nothing and if you still have the nerve to say that he did the right thing by taking them out of the house, you really need to review your moral priorities! 😠
YogExper (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
ghostlysmile - In India people tend stay near there farms so does this madhukar family.

Cant point out the location as my friend Prasad did not know the town or village they were staying in.

Swimsinfire - Ghost are made the same way as in any religion. "Desire"
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
Wow, Rama really had a change of mind didn't he? Really liked your story. In Hinuism, what makes a spirit a ghost instead of reincarnating?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
I guess in a way they got what they deserved. After all Madhukar had told them no smoking or drinking, and had only allowed them to stay there after they begged him. Then top it off with even the ghost himself giving fair warning. Good thing they listened to that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
raginglion - we discourage giving the exact address/location of a home because there may actually be people currently living there. Even though you may only wish to drive by and look at the house, that doesn't mean that there are others who read these stories have the same innocent intentions that I hope you have.

Can you imagine someone once having lived in/on the same location you currently live and claim to have had a paranormal experience? They give the exact address, and suddenly people are pounding on your door asking to do an investigation because so-and-so said your house was haunted, even though you may have never experienced anything. Probably wouldn't be good, huh?

So, as I said, we try to discourage people from doing this. Thank you for understanding.
ghostlysmile (guest)
-4
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
Dear yogexper

Why the family is living in such a weird house they should have some rituals for god sake mahesh is save and even your friends should not consume alcohol inspite of getting warning
It was really scary please tell the location
raginglion (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
Can you please let us know the exact location of that home near Ratnagiri?
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
Hey there! I am from Mumbai too so I understood the Marathi part😜. Talking of the story, well yeah it really was a good read and a hell of an experience, its good your friends learned their lesson without facing any harm. Good story, thank you.
-Shady

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: