You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Ground

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Ground

 

The majority of my experiences happened in Mexico, just as my first story. This experience happened months after the shadow in my brother's room.

We had a couple of horses in the back part of my house, we have a small stable for them. One night there was this loud noise and then I heard horses running. I'm home alone since my parents and brothers were out visiting an uncle. I run outside and see that the horses somehow were spooked and broke through the door and ran. I had to find them and get them back. I go back inside to get a flashlight and rope, and I start going towards the back of my house which is close to the edge of town, so I'm walking alone in complete darkness. I try to use what my grandfather taught me to track the horses (I suck at it), at last I find some prints in the ground and follow. Through this whole time I feel like someone is watching me, and is always right behind me. I kept going until I started going into the forest.

I don't know why I looked back to my house before entering the forest, and that's when I saw this light from behind the stable. I figured it was my family that came back and saw the broken door to the stable and knew I was looking for them. So I go into the forest and start looking, time started to pass slowly for me. I was already creeped out by being alone in the dark with only a flashlight and rope with me, and to make it worse, the forest was full of nocturnal animals making noises that made me jump every now and then.

I was about to give up when suddenly I feel someone put there hand on my back and I froze, I couldn't move. Next thing I hear a voice whisper in my ear that I wasn't supposed to be there, and then the hand was off and I turned to see what it was, but there was nothing there. I was about to run when I see the horses come from deeper in the forest and walked towards me. I put the rope around their necks and started to walk back home.

As I get home I start to go in from behind the barn when suddenly the horses started to freak on me and going backwards in fear. As I'm trying to pull them back and seeing that I'm never going to win against them I resign myself to walk around and bring them in through the front gate next to my house to put them in the stable. As I put them back inside and made a makeshift door to keep them in for the night, I notice that the truck is still gone and the lights in the house are off, my family isn't home yet.

I remembered the light behind the stable that I thought was my dad, so I went back to where I thought the light came from, and when I got there I saw this patch in the ground that looked like it had been burned in a complete circle. I knew that wasn't there earlier that day. As I was about to turn to leave I got this chill like a very cold wind just hit my entire body, and just as it started it was gone. I didn't wait to see what it was, I just ran inside and had the lights on until my family came home.

That patch in the ground has been the same ever since, nothing grows there even though we tried with a lot of things, and every time I pass there I get this feeling that something is there looking at me.

To make things even creepier, my 5 year old cousin was with me combing the horses when he asked me why there was a man with long dark hair and with clothes all torn up. I didn't see anything, but asked him to point where and he pointed to exactly the place where the patch in the ground was. Even to this day, my uncle takes care of the house while we are in USA, and he tells us the patch is still the same.

Other hauntings by JaimeMGJ

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaimeMGJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Viper56426 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Hi Jaime.

It is a fascinating story. I think that someone died there. Burnt to death. Or just buried there perhaps. And the spirit of that man is restless because he did not get a proper burial. And the circle may be placed there to show the living not to build on top of him? Because like I understand, the circle is close to the stable and that means that you almost built the stable on top of it. But luckily not.
And oh yea. Horses are very sensitive to ghost/spirits. They feel threaten by them real fast. Especially when a spirit don't want someone or even animals near them.
But in the forest, I think there was 'good' spirits that led the horses to you, because they want to protect you from the possible dangers in the woods itself. Or protect you against other bad entities that is in the deeper parts of the woods at night time
JaimeMGJ (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
Sorry it took, so long to answer, as to why I didn't run after what happened, its not like I didn't want to, it was more that I couldn't, my legs wouldn't respond. As for the horses, they just walked up to me like nothing was wrong. As to native American and being burned by white men, I don't know about that since it happened in mexico, but there isn't any records to look up where I was living in mexico at that time.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-26)
I believe a 5 year old cousin means along dark hair and tear clothes I am thinking Native American *Indian* Back old day some cruel white Men Burn Native American Man cause color of skin or some reason just a cruel reason. But Just suggest thinking what your 5 year old cousin seen.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
Jaime:
Did the horses react in any way when they approached you in the forest? I find it strange that they were not afraid to walk towards you and whatever it was whispering in your ear... Were they too far away to sense this invisible entity. 😕
Arsenius3672108 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
Very interesting. I'm guessing that it has something to do with interdimensional beings/aliens. Ghost are one thing, but something that can phisically manifest is someting else. The blighted spot is probably some type of radiation left over from when this thing entered into our world. The natural world is always vibrating some type of frequency. As you can learn from science. Hypothetically if something wanted to enter another dimension alll they have to do is match that frequency. To do so forcefully would cause friction otherwise known as radiation. Also when energy is released in matter it creates light, as you se in fire and electricity. I think something was trying to tell you it was not your place to be outside, and ushered you back home. Giving you the horses and a kind message to leave. I would advise you to see if anything on the web matches your story. I'm sure youll find all kinds of similarities on various subjects.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-25)
This is a very odd story! I don't believe I've ever heard of anything just like this before, and given that I've been reading every true ghost story I could get my hands on for four decades now, that's saying something.

The light and the burned circle where nothing will grow sounds like the things you read in UFO stories, but the hand on your shoulder and the voice in the woods --and the guy in the circle! -- sound like ghosts.

I could see a ghost being attached to a piece of blighted ground if the blighted ground had always been there. But for the blighted earth to suddenly appear in the wake of a strange light and then there to be a ghost attached to it makes no sense.

I'll be interested to see what others make of this.

Also, I can't help but wonder how you found the courage to stay in the woods long enough to get ropes on two skittish horses after being touched by an invisible person and told by a disembodied voice to leave? Especially when you said you were already nervous.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: