You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Indian Burial Or War Ground?

Real Ghost Stories

Indian Burial Or War Ground?

 

One night I was with my best friend Taylor. We were having a sleep over. We live in a complex of town houses and before they were built, the land use to be covered with trees. We also live down the street from a graveyard so old that some of the gravestones don't have writing on them! Anyways, back to the story.

It was in the afternoon about one or two, and Taylor and I were down at the little stream we called 'The Frog Pond' because every time we went down there there were dozens of frogs. There were woods behind it that we never went in before. So we decided to go exploring in them. For a little bit we just stayed in one spot kicking dirt around. There was a small hole since we were constantly kicking the dirt in the same place. After a while we found something metal in the ground. So I picked it up. It was a spear head! We decided to put it back in the ground and bury it so we wouldn't make a spirit mad or anything. After the both of us felt like we were being watched and followed.

Since were both excited about what we found we decided to have a sleep over so we could talk about it without anyone hearing or butting in asking us to show it to them or anything. The people in my neighborhood are very nosy. Even as the day came to an end and it was night we still felt like we were being watched by something. But as soon as we got to Taylor's room we started talking about what we had and the possibility that were we live could have once a war ground. We decided it was either a war ground or an Indian burial ground. We both are obsessed with ghosts and vampires and all that stuff, so we were excited but trying not to make it to clear to each other were both were a little creeped out.

Every time Taylor and I have a sleep over we stay up until at least five in the morning. Why? Neither of us really know why. It could be because we have so much in common and we enjoy having quality time, we are like sisters that never fight.

At about three in the morning we saw a mist form, and it slowly took shape to a human form, and it was dressed like a Native American would be if it were going into war. It seemed to have war paint on its face, but since it was white we couldn't really tell. It was holding a spear head similar to the one we found. It walked closer to the room, then disapeared. Taylor just kept staring wide eyed at the place it disaperared. We both exchanged glances and were thinking the same thing: this has to be at least Indian war ground.

Sorry if this is a bit long. But this is one I just had to share.

Other hauntings by bri_bewitched

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bri_bewitched, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
OMG! A massage! Oh holy crapoly, now we're talkin' ladies! Just thinking about it makes my shoulders loosen...mmmm... 😁

Jav ❤
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
OR...lol a good old fashioned shot of tequila with salt and lime, a HOT bubble bath and a massage afterward!;-D. Bliss.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Lol Jav! That's awesome. I don't drink anymore, but I would not disagree about the calming effects of a good liquor. I liked Absinthe (Marilyn Manson has a brand that rocks). 😆 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Put a nice hefty shot of Amaretto in that tea, that'll do the trick! 😉 Never underestimate the power of a good liqueur...

Jav 😆
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Aww Indigo, you should make a nice cup of tea and/or have a bubble bath. It's not Fiji, but I guess we can always have a glimpse of relaxing moments whenever possible. 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
K ummmmm lol let me rephrase that...hahaha! I usually DON'T take offense to anything... Omg hurry up Monday is all I have to say
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Lol no. I Usually take offense to anything besides other people bring treated rudely. Nice to meet you mountaineer!
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Fair enough... But still to be sure we would have to know the type of metal. Native Americans did indeed cold-hammer copper and sometimes even iron from meteorites (though the latter was almost exclusively done in Inuit or Mesoamerican socieities) into weapons, although this was rare. However, if this is a steel item, it is probably not Native American. In the last comment I broke my own policy of "no definites when it comes to history." I also apologize if you thought I was being disrespectful, which was not my intention at all.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Mountaineer- yes we did, but not until after the spanish or Europeans arrived... So yes, it actually could be an artifact, which is why I asked.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Native Americans did not use metal for any purpose other than a shiny thing for use in trade. Did you mean just that it was shiny, or that it was actually metal? If it was the latter, it was not native American. And a single item like that does not necessarily mean that you found anything significant. Assuming that the spearpoint was stone and you called it metal in the sense that it caught your eye because it was shiny, it could have just been that the arrow was fired and not found. Also keep in mind that people still hunt with bow and arrow, and that these modern hunters use metal equipment.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Just because you found a spear head doesn't mean that it was a war ground or a indian burial ground. It could have been a camp ground or a spear head lost while hunting. I find it rather odd that something would show up when you wanted it to. Like bacchaegrl said, the the world of the paranormal is very rarley, if ever cooperative.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Can you sketch out the thing that you found, please? Or maybe go back and get a good photograph of the thing? I'd really like to help if I can. Also, could you sketch out the figure that you saw in your room? I have seen people load photos up onto their stories on this site, maybe you can add the pics to your story? Thanks!
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I think you might be getting to exited and are going to fast to really see if there are spirits. Check with the historian in the area. I like the story though. Hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Carolann
oceansea (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Bri,
I think it is very unlikely that you stumbled upon an ancient burial ground and are most likely just jumping to conclusions.
It is nice that you were able to witness a spirit apparation but please remember that Native Americans did hunt using arrows and it is a plausible explanation that it was a camground of some sort or that the area was simply frequented by Native Americans.
Interesting story, though! 🤔
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Or perhaps the native american wants someone's attention. Best bet- alert a local anthropologist from a nearby university to what you two found. Chances are, some valuable information is hidden there. Because if it's a burial ground, then I'd imagine the 'inhabitants' would like the current folks to know about it- to prevent any future development in the place.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
It was a nice story. But yeah, I agree. It seems like you were waiting for something to happen. Something paranormal may have occured, but it's odd that it happened when and where you wanted it to. Usually the paranormal world isn't that cooperative.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
I think you saw a Native American warrior because that was what you expected to see. Nice story though, thank you for sharing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: