You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Living With The Unknown

Real Ghost Stories

Living With The Unknown

 

Sorry if my English is not that good, I am from Greece. I was just about 8 years old when my family brought a new house. During the first few years everything seemed fine. Until I got older, that's when I started having strange things happen.

There are many things that happened but I will share a few of the major ones. I had just gone upstairs to take a shower, as I close the door, I hear a knock on the bathroom door. I open it right away and nobody there. Everyone in the house was downstairs. This happened one more time as well.

Another time, I was sleeping in my grandmother's room since we had family members visit. I was about 12 or 13 at the time. It was exactly 12 at night and I was tossing and turning trying to sleep when suddenly I saw a shadow of a person walking back and forth. I turn to see if anyone was there but all I see is my grandmother and grandfather sleeping on the other side of the room.

Another time, I was in the backyard when I hear a knock coming from the house. I look up and the knock is coming from the window, I see an arm pulling back from the window. I go inside the house thinking somebody, either my mother or grandmother (since they were the only ones in the house), called in. Turns out it wasn't them that knocked on the window. The window was in the kitchen and they were in the kitchen and neither of them heard any knocking.

Another time, I came out of my room when I heard a voice call my name. It was like a whisper and it sounded like my mother and it was coming from her room. I go in there and I see no one in there. I call her name and I go in her bathroom and no one was there. Turns out she was downstairs. But I am positive where I heard the voice come from. I've also been woken up by my radio get turned on by itself in the middle of the night.

There was also this one time when me and my friend went "ghost hunting" because we knew there was something strange in my house (I was about 11 or 12). So I had a camera with me to record anything strange when then we saw the chair on the front porch rocking back and forth like someone was in it and there was no wind. I decided to record but as soon as I was about to record it, the chair stopped rocking. And I also remember being terrified to go home and I always felt being watched.

There was a light in the kitchen where you can control how much lighting you want and I have seen the light getting dimmer on its own and getting more light by itself. Family members have also seen more strange things.

Thankfully I am out of that house; however, at my new house I have only experienced one strange thing. This summer me and my stepsister were downstairs in the living room, it was about 1 in the morning. We were hearing noises like creaks but that's normal since it is an old house, but then suddenly we both of us heard 3 knocks on the front door at one in the morning. The front door is right next to the living room. We that happened, we both jumped out of our seats. I look outside the window leading to the front door and no one is there. I told a friend about it and they told about a superstition called "death knocks" or something like that.

The superstition goes that when you hear 3 knocks on a door, it usually means someone close to you will die. The next month my stepsister's grandfather passed away and two days later my grandmother passed away. I know it's a superstition but it is still strange. These are some of the paranormal things I have experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anakaterine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Very interesting about the 3 knocks suspicion. On the night of my uncle's death, another uncle of mine (his brother-in-law who was a VERY close friend of his), woke up to 3 loud knocks at his bedroom door when he was the only one home. I've heard this story told at family get-togethers for years but never knew that this was something that happens.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Hi Anakaterine, welcome to YGS. First of all, I would like to tell you that as far as the 3 knocks at 1 in the morning is a superstition and I don't think it has got anything to do with the deaths that occurred. It should be a coincidence.

As far as the other experiences you described in your previous home, I think that there were more than one spirit in the house. Did you try to research the history of the house. Did you ask the neighbours if they had any information about the house or that if they sighted or heard anything paranormal.

You said that you are now out of the house. Do any of your relatives, parents or grandparents live now in the same house? If they do, please try to find out more or even now you can start investigating, if possible. You might get some clues to answers as to what were the entities in that house.

Keep us posted of any further information.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: