You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Family Reunions Are Not Always Fun

Real Ghost Stories

Family Reunions Are Not Always Fun

 

This always happens to me. First off, I used to work in nursing homes, and whenever someone died, I would always have a dream about that person. Not even that they died, just they were a significant part of my dream. Even when I was on vacation in chicago for a week and someone died suddenly at work, I had a dream about them. Weird.

Onto the family stuff. I keep having dreams where I'm going somewhere with or being visited by my grandma or aunt. Sometimes both. But my aunt has been dead for 14 years, and my grandma for 3 years. Usually these dreams are not scary, its just perfectly normal in dreamland to go shopping with the dead. And I know they are dead in these dreams, but it's not weird. But every once in a while I will have a dream where they are gross and corpsey, and it IS scary. It's like I'm somewhere I shouldn't be, or else they are. Sometimes they will warn me about stuff, or tell me to "take care of myself" they don't wish me any harm, but I go to hug them goodbye and they are skeletons!

Another time, in a totally isolated incident, I was visited by "extended" family (as in from the 1840's). This was right after I had my son, like everyone was coming to see the baby. I had the most horrible chill in my spine, so bad it woke me up, but I was paralyzed and could hear people talking about my baby. This was terrifying, but that's the only time that has happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelsea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
It seems that you have not learned to accept death as nature and God's plan and are still horrified by its aspect. Trick is especially when working in geriatric care is to not personalize death but accept it as life, as nature, as the eternal cycle, once you do that it is no longer horrifying, it just is... And then you can really care for them as they pass.
FleurRouge (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
My dad had a similar experience a few years ago. When he was 7 years old his father died in a plane crash. A few years later he kept seeing his dad in different places, on street corners, walking at the mall, ect. It freaked him out a lot so he went to counciling. His counciler suggested that he have a memorial service for his dad and after that it stopped. It turns out that my grandma hadn't let my dad go to his own funeral and so he never really "let go" or something like that. Sometimes "paranormal" things happen to us because something normal happened, our minds really do play tricks on us, maybe you should try counciling, it could be very interesting to find out what caused this.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
that is very interesting. Maybe it is as you stated, your family simply wants to warn you of things upcoming or to let you know the are watching out for you by telling you to take care of your self. I do think you are experincing visits in your dreams, but... I guess that is up to you to totally discern.
Thank you for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
davidparker (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Strange... Has this type of thing happened to you as a child? If not, when did it start up? I've only had small expierances.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: