You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: I Can Feel Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

I Can Feel Ghosts

 

I never really believed in ghosts. But I am starting to change my mind.

About a year ago, when I lived in my family's old house, I was laying in bed. The lights were odd and I was just dozing off. That was when I felt it; a cat, jumping onto my bed and curling up beside me on my blanket.

I don't let my cats into my room at night; one of them chews on my hair and the other will jump onto my dresser and knock things over. I keep a lot of breakables there, and I naturally don't want them falling over and breaking on the floor.

I turned on the light and sat up, preparing to get out of bed. I looked at the place where the cat had curled up next to me. Nothing was there.

Needless to say, I got really freaked out and started crying. I ran out of my room and told my mum about what had happened. She said it must have been my imagination. I do have a very strong one, but I could not have imagined that. I swear I felt something, with four feet, jump onto my bed, and I can swear just as firmly that it was a cat. I am a Christian and I don't give much thought to ghosts, as there is not much evidence of people trapped between the worlds of the living and the dead in the Bible. But then, what did I feel?

Just a few days ago, in our new house, it has started again. The ghost cat jumps onto my bed and curls up next to me. Other times I am convinced I feel the mattress moving up and down as if it's breathing. Still other times, a person sits on my bed, but no one is there.

I've stopped being so freaked out, as they have not hurt me in any way, and the thought has crossed my mind that perhaps they are there to guard me. In any case, I am rethinking my belief in the existence of ghosts. Perhaps they are real, how else could this be explained?

Other hauntings by Piedpiper

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Piedpiper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Josephgogi: I know. I have literally no idea what's going on, but it keeps happening.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-12)
It is definitely strange if you sense a cat (or something) jumping on your bed. Very difficult to explain what is going on.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
Josephgogi, Spiritwaiting: I don't think it was a hallucination. I didn't see anything, but I definately felt that something was there.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
It's difficult to determine whether it was a hallucination or an actual 'ghost cat' you experienced. I will say that I had several strange incidents in my life that I could not explain but none that made me believe in ghosts. That is until a few years ago. At age 51 I am not ashamed to say that I believe in ghost. If you get a chance read my story under the title "Lillie".
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Piedpiper, You may very well be having some sort of hallucinations, have you ever been to a specialized doctor and confirmed that? Its always good to check any concerns you have. Spirits of all sorts can be, earth bound. Say perhaps the cat,you've been feeling on the bed. They sometimes come to comfort you. Have you been under any stress lately? It also could be residual of another cat, that once called the place home.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
Pablo- That's different. I mean like people and animals who were once living but come back to haunt others. I mean, shouldn't they be in Heaven or Hell?
Pablo (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
I get the sensation of a cat jumping up on the bed quite often. It's an odd one. That's for sure.
Pablo (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
No mention of Ghosts in the Bible? You mean like "The Holy Trinity"
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
I have experienced this phenomenon many times and I am not convinced it is ghost cats, although that is one possibility. It has occurred to me it is in my mind, a kind of sensory hallucination. Why? Who knows. However, somehow that explanation seems more likely than ghost cats. Another possibility is that it is some kind of residual energy. I had an odd experience as a kid. I had a kitten that went missing and shortly after (within a couple of days), I heard and felt him climbing up my bedclothes to get on the bed as he was accustomed to do (he was still too little simply to jump on the bed). It was very real although I knew it couldn't really be him. I had looked for him a lot around the neighborhood and was quite distressed that he had gone missing, so maybe he came to say goodbye and let me know he wasn't coming back.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
SDS-- Actually, my grandfather himself is not dead. But I am convinced it is the cat.:)

Brentten-- Cool! I am personally a Christian, but we do believe there is a "spirit world" close to our own. Thinking that Charlie has not moved on because he loves me, of all people... That makes me tear up.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-21)
Hi Piedpiper, I feel that it could be the cat your grandfather had. I don't think that it is in anyway harmful. I feel that your grandfather is making his presence known to you through this cat. Because you said in one of your posts that he loved this cat very much. He is making his presence known to you as a guardian through the presence of his cat. Because if he manifests himself, probably, you might get scared. That can be the reason. This is my thinking.

Nice experiences and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
brenttan (64 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
This ghost cat obviously loves you - no need to fear it, but love it. We are all spirits who came from the Spirit World, and we are born into this body in this physical world. For some reason this cat spirit has not moved on, maybe it loves you too much to move on, and God has allowed it to happen. God bless you. I am a Mormon, and we believe animals also were created as spirit animals before they were born into this physical world as animals.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
I just realized there was another cat who died. I had pushed the memory out of my head. His name was Beans and he belonged to some friends of my family. I found his body mauled to death by dogs in the desert... Could it be him, possibly, and not Charlie? I don't know...
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
I just don't know why he would choose me. I've always thought he liked my grandfather better. He died a couple of years ago, why would his ghost be showing up now? I just can't make sense of any of it. All I know is that a ghost cat is haunting me and that it's probably Charlie.
Cm22pepe (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
I agree with flyclarinet. Most animals choose one person as "theirs" and they're the one they choose to stay attached to. When did Charlie die? Did you start feeling the cat entity right after he died?
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
The fact of the matter with the grandfather's cat is that sure, maybe a lot of people loved him as much as you did, but Charlie didn't choose them. He chose you. It may see something special that you have yet to see within yourself. Just a thought.:)
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
[at] cm22pepe, That's interesting, because I was talking about it with my mum the other day. And though she doesn't fully believe me, she pointed out that perhaps it was my Grandfather's cat, Charlie. I was very attatched to him and was absolutely heartbroken when he died. I still can't think of him without tearing up. But why would Charlie's ghost be haunting me specifically? I have about thirty cousins who also loved him dearly. I'm nothing special, especially compared to them, why would he choose me? It just doesn't make any sense. Sorry for rambling.
Cm22pepe (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Have you ever had another cat who died? Maybe it's one of your old cats that is still attached to you and wants to guard you. Just a thought:)
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
No, I haven't noticed anything else. The cat is usually the ghost that sits on my bed. Sometimes it shifts, to get more comfortable, I suppose. I can feel its paws press down on my bed when it does that. But nothing more. Any thoughts?
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
I used to get that feeling of someone sitting on my bed. This happened for years at many different places from the home I lived in from the time I was a high School freshman until I got married at age 21. It followed my to several apartments my now x husband and I lived in to several places I lived with my son after my divorce. I never found out just what it was but finally it stopped. All I can think of is something that wants to get your attention or something just observing you. I am also a Christian. Whatever this thing was it never did more than sit on the bed Have you noticed anything more than that?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: