You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Growling And Nightnoises

Real Ghost Stories

Growling And Nightnoises

 

Wow. It's been quite awhile since I've posted amything here. I've been waiting for something more unusual to happen before I actually posted another story. A few things have happened, but I'll start with the scariest.

It was about an hour ago that this occured. I was lying in bed, browsing this site (something of an addiction for me) when suddenly I heard this low growl. I was paralyzed with pure terror, I don't think I couldn't have moved if I wanted to. In fact, I'm still kind of shaky and scared. I got kind of a warm shiver, but it was defiitely not pleasant at all. After it happened, I heard a motorcycle outside; I suppose that's what it could have been, but it didn't sound exactly like a motorcycle. It was definately some sort of animal, and it sounded like it was right here in my room.

Now for the less scary stories. A couple months ago, I was trying to sleep and I heard a few of the boxes under my bed being bumped around. My first thought was that it was one of my cats, but I checked and NOTHING was there. It happened twice that night. Also, earlier today something fell on my shelf and nothing was there to provoke it to do so. Poltergiest? I'd like to hear your opinions on these events.

I can't tell my family about this by the way, they do not believe in the paranormal. I'm not even sure if I do, but how else can all of this be bloody explained? If demons have the power to manipulate physical objects, do angels? That would explain the fact that not all hauntings are harmful and evil.

Other hauntings by Piedpiper

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Piedpiper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
Hi,
I too have encountered growling when nothing was present to make such noise. Check out my story about the growling I heard in my bedroom.
Hope it helps to realise that you are not the only person to have experienced this.
Sarah.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Hello Piedpiper, I go with Griff in this. The noise could be from motorcycle, whose silencer was not okay. As far as the moving of the objects and falling of something on your shelf, it could be low frequency tremor or vibration that might cause these effects. Please do try to rule out rational possibilities before switching to paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Griff84:. You may be right; I felt an earthquake awhile ago when my bed started shaking, so that may be causing things to fall over or bang around.:)
Samtille: I doubt that a mouse could make such a horrible noise! Lol.
MyNameIsBill: The previous owners were an elderly French couple, and they didn't have any pets as far as I am aware. This house is very new; they bought it right after it was built.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hi Piedpiper. I am in agreement with samtillie on this one. I think if this growling happened only an hour before you posted the experience, then it would be probable you hadn't thought through all the possible rational causes it could have been, and even your not sure that it couldn't have just been the bike.

It could even be the same cause for the growling and the items on your shelf moving. Perhaps there is a low frequency vibration which caused the items to move, and this has become audible? Maybe gas pipes? Who knows for sure.

Please let us know if it happens again. Thanks for sharing 😊
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
I don't feel any of this is paranormal, you have answered your question yourself about the growling noise, maybe it was the motorcycle. If I was you id be checking your home for mice! Unless anything else has happened you think maybe paranormal.
MyNameIsBill (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Interesting story!
I would say it is either a poltergiest or a ghost of pet.
You can ask your parents/locals for previous owners or you could find the owner's themselves and ask them about a pet they had or if anything wierd happened while they were there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: