You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Other Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Other Me

 

Just sharing a personal and very real experience from a few years back. It was New Years' celebration time. I was suffering depression at this point and felt like my life had taken a turn for the worst and even worse, it felt like a one way road.

While my family was watching the fireworks on TV downstairs (we were at my aunt and uncle's house), I was upstairs lying down in a spare bed, in a deep state of depression. It literally felt like a New Year of nothing, again...

I was self loathing, hated being alive and hated the world. I was looking out the window with tears in my eyes... I closed them. It only felt like a few seconds or so. I was then looking at female figure, standing right in front of me app. 2 - 5 metres away. She was tall! She was so tall!

I noticed a few things about myself and surroundings: 1. I was not asleep 2. Still lying down on something 3. Still in the same room 4. The physical objects (dressing table etc.) were still there I could sense them, but they were invisible 5. Calm, almost no emotion 6. I was on a different plane of existence 7. It was dark, but not pitch black.

I briefly looked around me and looked back at her. Things I noticed about her: 1. She was tall 2. We have the same face 3. She had no blemishes, eyebrows perfect, long black hair (I sensed) in a perfect bun, nice body, skin is slightly paler than mine 4. Wearing a long unstained perfectly white robe to the floor 5. Right foot was resting on a grey mass 6. Neutral expression 7. She was so beautiful!

I spoke to her, "What are you?" She replied, "I am a white angel over you." The words came from my mind, I can't remember if her lips moved when she replied. As soon as she said that, I felt like a vacuum sucked me back to my body, and I literally opened my eyes as my body physically jolted.

All of that felt only like 3 or 4 seconds, not more than 5. I slept soundly afterward. I now only know her as 'White Angel'. I feel that myself as a person, am based on her, but my choices in life, made me look and be completely different. The gray mass I feel might be my negativity, she was stepping on. Humans weren't meant to look, feel and be that perfect.

Looking back, I sense her to be a very strong character. I'm not sure what type of angel she is.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meg086, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Just read your post again and your experience is a few year old, but I still mean what I posts to anyone suffering. Are you better now, meg? 😁
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
This is a quite personal reply from me and I feel for anyone suffering from depression or any other mental illnesses. I have suffered from depression since the birth of my daughter 2 years ago, even though I am the happiest I have ever been. Meg, I believe this was your guardian and because you feel that she looks like you it could be a relative if yours that has passed, even someone whom you have never met. I was on medication for my illness but now have self weaned, this is not for everyone and I'm in no way promoting this, but I didn't want to take medication to be myself. I have found the willpower to be myself on my own, not have negative feelings and enjoy life. You are young, your guardian is showing you their is a life for you, but you need to crave it out for yourself. Think good thoughts, love yourself and others, do good things and this will change your thought process, also laugh, laugh at stupid stuff, watch a film anything that will make you laugh. Please read my message and believe there is help for you if you need it but you can also help yourself. I'm really wishing you all the best, take your guardian experience as you are loved, you are important, valuable and important and valuable to yourself. All the best xxx
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
I agree with the others. She's definitely your guardian angel. (;

I also believe that we all have our own guardian angel, and I hope to see mine someday.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. God bless! (:
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
Did the experience help you? I have had what I consider to be visions that have come to me at times of stress and helped me through. Nothing as dramatic as what you describe, but visions nonetheless. I'm not sure if they come from outside myself or from my subconscious mind, and I may never know, but perhaps it doesn't matter. We don't always need all the answers in life. Sometimes it's enough to feel or sense that everything is going to be okay.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
meg086, I agree with all the others. She came to you to let you know, you can overcome the depression, and probably many obstacles in your life. You have a higher, much more beautiful life ahead of you, if you chose so. I suffer from depression, and at times I know its extremely hard to see the good in life. But you can, and she was letting you know shes your guide in life. It sounds like to me you were in meditation mode, and you were able to tap into the higher vibration. I'm guessing you were at peace when she came to you, if so, that's what she wants for you.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Like the others here I agree this was your guardian angel... People who have had near death experiences, talk about being greeted by a tall angel in the period of time they find themselves on the threshold of the spiritual realm or in the light, although your circumstances was different, the depression itself and your thoughts of wanting to die prompted this angel to transcend themselves to you to perhaps prevent you from following through on your negative thoughts?... Interesting point you make about seeing your own face... I think this was very clever on your Angels behalf... There is a belief that angels who are not from this world, don't have a face because they never existed here in human form to obtain one... And you only have to read the 100's and 100's of stories here where people report seeing tall shadows usually in their room with no faces? Usually such an experience would leave them frighten, but in order to calm you down and obtain your trust, in my view... This white light Angel projected your face on itself to gather your trust and confidence and steer you back on your journey.

Regards Daz.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Hello Meg086, welcome to YGS. Like misssaxobeat03 and RedWolf, I also feel that it must be your guardian angel. It is good that when you were on the threshold of being bogged down by the depression, due to many problems that you might have faced, the guardian appeared before you to give you confidence.

Nice experience and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Meg086
I agree with misssaxobeat03. I too believe she is your guardian angel. We do all have them, I know because mine saved my life several times.
When you get those down and depressed feelings do something for someone that will make you both feel better. Even if it is as simple as baking cookies for a friend and having her over for coffee. Or going to the store for an elderly neighbor. The more selfless acts you do will make you feel better.
Regards
Red
misssaxobeat03 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
I believe she's your guardian angel and she's watching over you. We all have a guardian angel who helps us in difficult moments and I believe you saw yours.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: