You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Black Figure And Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

A Black Figure And Sleep Paralysis

 

I am publishing this story because it correlates to a couple of the other stories I have read.

Phase 1

In 2012 I was sleeping in my daughter's bottom bunk bed, she was away from home that night. I suddenly felt this great sense of dread and a presence. It didn't want me in the room and I felt like it thought I was there to cause my daughter harm. In my mind I said, "I do not want to cause her any harm. She is my daughter." I felt like the presence was still there but the aggression I felt from it waned.

Some weeks, possibly months later (maybe end of 2012, beginning of 2013), I was sleeping. I dreamt that something was holding me down and I couldn't move, speak, etc. I was paralysed. I didn't feel the pressure of weight, just complete and utter paralysis. Only I woke up out of the dream and felt the paralysis for real.

I was having a discussion with my partner one night and the subject came up, it was completely random. My partner described the exact same experience in my daughter's room about the paralysis (again my daughter was away that night he slept in there. The weird thing was he brought that up completely without provocation or persuasion and only after that did I admit that I too had the same experience.

Phase 2

Then in 2013 I fell asleep downstairs in the lounge. I was woken up by the sound of my back garden door slamming shut. I heard footsteps and saw a black image walk past the room and up the stairs. I tried with all my might to start shouting and calling my partner but the sound wouldn't come out. Eventually I managed to murmur his name and it got louder and louder until he came downstairs. I asked to check the back door but it was locked.

Please note that with the Phase 2 experience I had recently been taking medication which its side effects could cause hallucination, so I hope that was what it was.

Phase 3

For the first time ever my daughter revealed to me Christmas time about her experiences. At first I tried to brush it off and make out that it was the corner of her eye or it was her imagination (because what she revealed absolutely shocked me). She got very distressed when I did this so I left the subject. When we had a chance to forget about it and come away from home for awhile, I asked her to tell me the story again of her experiences and this is what she said.

"There is something in my room, it scares me. It is a black oval presence. It is tall like an adult." She thinks it was something that was once human but isn't now. It floats, it doesn't walk. When she is in the bathroom she doesn't close her door and she sees it coming towards her. She notices that it always goes in to my room which is closest to the bathroom, but only when no one is there, like it is looking for something or someone.

I told her not to worry about it at all. I figured that it must sense fear. And if you don't show it, it can't harm you. However, there is definitely something very dodgy about it. I have very controversial thoughts about things like this. I did not want to believe it at first and shut it away. I actually felt better because since early 2013 I had no other experiences until my daughter revealed Christmas 2013 of her experience. She said her last experience was Boxing Day 2013.

Some facts I don't know if they correlate:

I really didn't want to go to and live there. It was like my conscience was telling me to stay where I was.

The grounds my house was built on used to be a Catholic elementary/primary school. My house is in between two other houses and is next to a Catholic church with the same name as the previous school.

The first tenant's partner was in and out of the criminal justice system.

The second tenant was allegedly a bigot, and had the police seize the house looking for the previous tenant's partner.

I saw the black presence in my previous home.

My brother died in utero the same year my daughter was born. He was due on October 31st. He would have been the same age as her, less 6 months.

My unborn brother's father is, let's say, mentally challenged. I don't want to say worse words. He has schizophrenic tendencies and believes that he saw my unborn brother walking behind my daughter when she was two (I can't prove or disprove this). He appeared to be the same age and allegedly walked like a toddler.

I don't want to research this further. It is too freaky and I have more important things to do. I just wanted to know maybe what it was and found this site. I may get someone to come to the house. I always think about the fact that I blessed my other home but never blessed this one, only because there wasn't anyone at the time who I felt was appropriate.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SerenAgate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LindaS (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-16)
Sleep paralysis is a common occurrence and you can read about it on the NHS website. Apparently, there's nothing supernatural about it at all and hallucinations are also a common connection with the paralysis.
jnnemnd (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
I feel better knowing that I am not the only one. I often experience sleeping paralysis, lucid dreams and stuffs I realize that I am quite sensitive to this sort of stuff. I kind of recommend you not to sleep facing a mirror. Just avoid your view when sleeping from a mirror. My friend told me that mirrors can be a way for us to actually see the spirit that is bothering us so yea it helps.
AFRIEND (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
SERENAGATE, if you pray before you sleep, this will not happen more than likely. In my experience, these things tend to be either afraid to attack, or incapable of attacking you once you are under the influence of the Holy Spirit. If it is there, it is probably there for a reason. I doubt it is a ghost, though I'm not certain. From what I can tell this is probably a demon. Don't be afraid. If you can sense its presence, everytime you feel it, pray. If it covers your mouth again, Cry "Jesus", and it will all end. They tend to run pretty fast after that.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
I have a crazy thought, but bear with me here.
You have a daughter. Your brother didn't survive to birth, and his father is a bit "off". The previous tenant was a bigot, and he was an influence on the tenant previous to him being arrested?

Though I've never experienced a haunting, I have noticed a pattern. Sometimes spirits latch on to people with similar experiences, especially if those people come in contact with their physical place of residence.

What if, perhaps, the spouse or a relative of a previous tenant has passed, and they witnessed some sort of harm befall a child in that same home? Sensing that you were exposed to someone a bit nutty, they worry you are at risk of causing harm to your child, and they feel the deep need to protect her?

She said she was scared, but so far the spirit has done nothing to her. It has only watched her, but actually gave you the third degree, and investigated your bedroom when you weren't present to object.

If there is indeed a spiritual presence, it sounds as though it is doing everything to intimidate you and ensure your child's safety. You may actually be correct that her fear triggers these problems. It senses her fear, then it comes to protect her and investigate the cause of this fear, not realizing it's actually contributing to her fear. You need tell it clearly that a) You have her every interest close to your heart and b) It is not welcome to interfere with your lives, as it's scaring your daughter and you will protect her at every cost. That should make your intentions quite clear.

I also agree with Mama that you should read Rook's cleansing method. Assertion should hopefully be enough. But in the case that it's not, you need to cleanse your home. No matter how strange the experiences, at the very least you should rest with ease knowing you've done what you can to protect yourself against not just the known, but the unknown as well.

Best of luck, and please let us know how it all turns out!
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
There is a poster on this site by the name of rookdygin. If you go to his page there is a cleansing/shield that you can perform on your home and yourself, that will help with getting rid of negative entities. It is non religious.

As for your daughter...don't write off her experiences. You've had experiences too. My suggestion would be to tell your husband and daughter both about the cleansing. Even try doing the cleansing with both of them, if they are willing to. It might ease your mind, your daughters mind, and might ease any tension between all of you, if there is any tension.
robertar (223 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-25)
I just wrote this on another post then felt it also applies here:

I once read an account from a woman. A spirit was bothering their baby at night. She/they found that praying for her baby kept it from happening. But any night when they forgot To pray for the baby there might be another attack.

I suspect that parents Have the responsibility to pray for their children to protect them. But that they also need to do this daily.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: