You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dream Or Reality And Does It Mean Anything?

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Or Reality And Does It Mean Anything?

 

I'm new to this site and have only been reading stories on this site for the past couple of days, so thought I would share my experience as well.

I'm not religious, but am interested in religion. Also I would say I'm a little skeptical in regards to the spirit world, I would love to believe but I keep my guard up in case I realise one day that none of this is true and am sadly disappointed. So here's my story.

It happened about 4 or so years back when I was 16 nearly 17 years old. As I stated earlier, I'm not religious nor is my family or my close friends, I never go to church etc. I went to bed as usual, roughly 10.30pm. I remember feeling comfortable in my room and there was nothing out of the ordinary so I soon drifted off to sleep.

I awoke suddenly, a few hours later, I didn't know the exact time but I could still hear the TV on downstairs and my mum normally goes to bed around midnight. My whole body was paralyzed; I couldn't feel my legs, my arms, couldn't move my head nothing seemed to be working. I realised this could be sleep paralysis, but what I saw I can't really explain. The vision in front of my eyes was that of the vision of Jesus, just to explain this image of Jesus was similar to the 'Jesus' image we are all subject to, so that's how I identified it.

The image was just of his face, and it flickered like an old black and white movie, his mouth was moving and I heard his voice loud in my ear, with a distant buzzing effect, he kept saying 'forgive me of my sins' and 'For father I have sinned'. I was in complete shock, a little scared, I wanted to run away but I couldn't as I said I was under sleep paralysis. His voice was so loud and commanding; I wondered why I was having this dream/vision. I do remember my eyes being wide open and I was very aware that I was awake.

After a good 10 minutes or so, things started to slow and the image faded, his voice grew softer until both eventually disappeared. I could start to move slowly and after 15 minutes I was able to sit up in my bed. My bed was right by my window so I guess as a way of comfort I pulled the blinds up and peered outside. I think I was trying to make sure I was really awake and what happened wasn't just a dream.

As I looked outside, the tall street lamp outside of my bedroom window turned on and off several times, went very bright and then returned to its normal brightness. After that everything seemed to be fine, I felt as ease and wasn't scared. I almost felt happy about possibly being visited by Jesus! And I don't even believe in him!

I know there are reasonable explanations for the street lamp but it was just how that affected me that was so strange.

Anyway I got back to sleep and in the morning felt confused but didn't really tell many people because they would just dismiss it off as a dream. Which it could be, but I would like to get other people's views on this as I know this site is for open-minded souls.

I really don't know if this was just a dream, a vision or a spirit.

A few days after I had a dream which I think relates to this vision but I will go into that some other time.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoXy21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sweetpea25 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Hi Roxy21,

I just want to say I have had a similar experience, but no sounds... And would like to know if you have started going to church or if you are practicing the christian faith,

As this is a clear indication that Christ (himself)! Has visited you. This is amazing as not a lot of Christians actually have christ visiting them.

Sleep Paralysis can be a scary thing, but I happened to be extra calm when Jesus Visited and I knew things were going to be ok.

Please let me know what this means to you now even though this is a few years back 4 u- I have been trying to find out those who had similar experiences and you are the one who does!

Thanks x
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins in many ways. If I were you (and I just said "if I were you" not "you must") I could not take it any other way than as an opportunity to get to know Him and learn about Him and then make your own choice to believe in Him or not. There is no way that you have studied the Bible and come to any other conclusion. If you believe in spirits and the paranormal then it should be pretty easy to read the Gospels and learn what He did for you on the cross. Count yourself very lucky, some people have to be shown the worst and hit rock bottom before they turn to Jesus. If nothing else, it could be your conscience telling you that you need to seek Him.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
While you are not religious you are interested in religion so I am going to assume you have done your share of reading about different religions. I'm sure you are aware of the Christian doctrine of sin and forgiveness so this may be where the vivid dreaming/sleep paralysis vision came from. Also being that Jesus looked like our conception of Him in paintings leads me to believe you just had one heck of a vivid dream which happens when one is caught between the mind waking up and the body still asleep. I would think had this been a real experience you would not be doubting the authenticity of Jesus at all.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
thats very interesting! 😊 I can't really say much though. Sorry 😢 but I can say this: thanks for posting! ❤
Atemu (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
That's very extraordinary!
It may have been Jesus, but the one thing I don't understand is, why would he be telling you he sinned and why would he beg for figiveness from someone who isn't religious?

Sorry I can't help much, but this story really interested me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: