You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexplained White Vapor Seen By 2 People

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained White Vapor Seen By 2 People

 

On Saturday Feb. 1 around 6pm, just around dusk, my wife and I were sitting on the couch watching television. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a white mist or smoke behind a Queen Anne chair beside our fireplace and in front of a window to my left. As I focused in to process the "smoke", I thought an electrical short had happened causing a burst of smoke. It appeared to resemble a column or "top of a hot dog" shape about 3 feet high and maybe 6 inches wide. At least, I presumed it rose from floor level to 3 feet. As I began to think about getting up to investigate, it appeared to shrink and completely disappeared.

About 30 seconds later, after processing this, I said to my wife that I had just saw something weird behind this chair. She immediately said, "Was it white?" and her description matched what I saw but she saw slightly more as her view was not obscured so much by the chair. She described the shape as becoming fuller but only on one side below the top sausage column that I saw. So, we both saw the same thing which she said seemed to collapse into itself. Investigating behind the chair, it was clear that there were no electrical problems and we are left perplexed after seeing something very weird.

We live in a new house which was built on undeveloped land which is about 14 years old. We have never had any experiences like this before and I must admit that I am a little uneasy after witnessing this phenomenon. I told my parents about this and they have been called me 2 days in a row afterwards to check up on us. Other than seeing the white misty shape we did not feel or hear anything.

Researching this on the internet, it seems that this may qualify as a real ghost story, so I am curious if others have experienced the same thing? How would you know if it is trying to tell you something?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mikhill, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

celticanuk (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-14)
I'm glad I'm not alone in this regard. I have seen this phenomena twice in my life, first when I was about 4/5 years old and once when I was 17/18. On the first occasion I was at a house belong to a friend of my Mother. I was left in the living room of an old farmhouse whilst the adults were talking upstairs. There was an old wooden door in the room that seemed out of place, a different design and style to the others. As a curious child I went and opened it, a white cloudy mass was on the other side and passed through me, screaming uncontrollably until my mother returned to comfort me. The memory is still vivid after 40 years. The next time this happened was in the early 1990s. I was walking with my girlfriend and her dog near an old ruin, being a bit of a showoff I decided to scale the partially destroyed wall to peek inside the derelict upstairs window. I as looked through, the same type of misty smoke appeared and shot towards me. Taken off guard I jumped and fell back onto the hard ground. I am in my 40s but haven't experienced anything since.
mikhill (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
It was higher up the second time and again quickly seemed to collapse into itself. It has only been seen the two times and nothing else unusual or obvious has happened. There are no vents or electrics which can account for it, especially with regard to the way it disappears when you look at it directly.

I am returning home after a 5 week work trip so will be very curious to see if anything happens upon my return.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
My apologies Mikhill, I miss read shrink for shriek...
😲

It obviously seems to manifest in and around the same spot. Did it last for around the same amount of time the second time when your wife saw it? I assume you have double checked electrics (again), and any air vents etc. In the vicinity? And id this the only activity you have noticed?
Silene02 (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
I have seen thing like that. I was in a very old church from the Middl Aages here in Sweden, in a little town called Nyköping. I was admiring the beautiful interior (it was around 15:00 aprox.) my mother was talking with the guide some meter away from me, the rest of the family scattered around the church. I was admiring the ceiling near these beautiful big gothic windows when suddenly I saw a column of what I thought it was smoke. My thought was "such disrespectful people, smoking here" then I realize that nobody smoke inside a church, not even in liberal Sweden. I looked around and of course nobody was smoking, when I looked back to see the smoke, this was gone. At that moment my mother beckoned me and she told me that the guide told her that in that part of the church people hear knockings at the door in the middle of the night, and when they go to see nobody is there.
aarushi (11 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
why did you leave your wife alone there in the first place knowing that there might be something paranormal there... Having seen it yourself... You should have shifted her to a relatives place for as long as you were travelling... Or maybe you cold have had some one over just so that she is not alone... And in case you both feel the negativity in your house... Get your house blessed... But before doing that why don't you try using an evp... Just to make sure of its presence...
Warm regards.
mikhill (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
It caught both of our attention out of the corner of our eyes and disipated quickly as we both focused on it. I did not know she had noticed the same thing until I asked a couple minutes later. It made no sounds at all.

About 3 weeks later my wife saw it again, close to the same spot only a little higher. She was alone watching TV with all the lights out when she looked and saw the mist collapsing into itself again. It was about 18 inches long and thin with cloud like or bubbly edges rather than straight lines. I was away for work a few thousand miles away and it did not follow me on the plane. So, is it trying to communicate with us somehow or is it trying to frighten us? It did leave her a little afraid and she left shortly afterwards and went upstairs to bed.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Hi mikhill, This is an interesting experience. Did you both view this entity out of the corner of your eye, of did you see it full on? Also, did you both hear it 'shriek'?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
Wwell, this is only a thought. I had an expierience of a shape that kept picching my toe while I read at night, and giving my son an electric poke in the back. Harmless but definately trying to get attention. So I sat down and tried to get a feeling of why, and definately had a feeling of issues that needed airing, and even kept hearing-like an upset man-"This is our place, and we were happy". Some googling revealed that land had been prime farm land that the Cherokees (who were awesome farmers) had carefully developed and were ready to harvest when they were removed. I couldn't tear cown the seedy complex, but I went outside and cried my eyes out in appology, like we were crying together. Things were fine afterwards. I've heard there is a movement of rconciliation going on in Washington state between anglos and, I think the Metthow they're called. Not sure. Maybe it's a realative. If you ask nicely with respect they might appear again and explain themselves. If you do, google is a wonderfull historian.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
might be those orb thingies, y'know? Like, it wanted to make it's presence felt (rather obvious I know!). I guess you don't need to worry as long as it doesn't harm you. PEACE! =)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: