You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Daddy's Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy's Girl

 

I don't believe in ghosts nor do I believe in magic or anything that has got to do with the paranormal but one experience stuck with me. My dad died when I was 5 months old. He hanged himself when my mother left him. It never felt weird to me since I grew up knowing everything that happened and I was never ashamed to tell people how my dad died.

When I was 6 years old, my cousins used to sleep over our place every time their family visits us. We would sleep in the living room while the adults catch up on events and spend the rest of the night talking in the balcony. That particular day in summer I had a fever when they came to visit, so I slept early while my younger cousins lay beside me trying also to fall asleep.

We always have a red light on at night because my aunt, who was also my guardian (since my mom went abroad), hates waking up in the middle of the night in the dark. That night I saw a man standing in the doorway, his head was tilted on one side and he had his tongue out, he was staring at me. He looked sad and scary at the same time but it didn't really scare me although thinking about it, now gives me goose bumps. I haven't seen my dad in person but I've seen his pictures, I wanted to believe it was not him because I didn't want to think he would want to scare me, but who else would it be?

The next day I told my uncles (my dad's brothers) about the incident and uncle fred told me I was just hallucinating since I had a fever, but uncle mike looked shocked though he never told me why. It was when I was already in high school that my aunts told me that myka, one of my younger cousins, told uncle mark that she saw a man standing on that doorway that night, and that was before I told him I've seen my dad.

I never had any experiences with regards to my dad after that. Well so much for saying goodbye to her only daughter.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ferdi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tamzinite (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I don't believe in any kind of God tho I do believe in the afterlife and nothing or no one is ever truly gone tho I do respect others beliefs your dad seems to be watching over you tho he didn't seem cheery maybe because he felt guilt of taking his life when he should have been there for yours sorry if that sounds disrespectful didn't mean it in that sense but I know as a mother my life belongs to my children if I take it I am taking it away from them and. Agree I think he must have been a desperate man to have done that and I hope in seeing you as the person you grown into would have given him peace. X respects to all
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
MartinTraveler: Uhm, I know you're new here and all but, this IS a site for "ghost" experiecnes...You're allowed to voice your opinion but, well, I'll just refresh your memory from the "Comments Guidelines" that I'm sure you read and agreed to follow when you signed up for membership:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, *so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.*"

Thank you
MartinTraveler (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
That was not your father! The dead do not and cannot come back! We all will sooner or later go to them, they can't come to us, when people talk about deceased relatives visiting them they are responding to demonic powers who are looking for a chink in their armor, once they have found it they can strike right away, or they can wait for years, there main goal is destruction. Stay away from new age or Native American rituals, this appeases the demonic powers, by these actions they know you have turned your back on the one true God. They have accomplished their mission.
xxMayLovablexx14366 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
That's kind of freaky! You should always pray for the soul of your dad to go up to heaven! But they said its hard to let a person who committed suicide to go up to heaven because they need prayers from his family so pray a lot for the soul of your dad to go up to heaven! 😊 God Bless you and your family always!
IfriendJinx (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
That's freaking!
My old friends' dad committed suicide cause he didn't want his daughter.
But I think yours is way more depressing!
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
awwwww. That was so sweet I never experienced anything like that especially that my dad is some sort of a tyrant I never felt love from him. I feel bad for your lost but at the same I'm happy with what you've shared with us
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-26)
this is so sad... And scary at the same time... 😕

I'm sorry for your loss ferdi... Yeah, may your dad rest and peace...

may he visit you with a smile next time 😁 ❤
ferdi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
im so sorry to hear that ghosthost but you know what I wouldn't really mind if he comes to say hi again to me as long as I know he is happy wherever he is. I don't think id be scared of him. I'm old enough to appreciate the world of unknown. 😜
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Hi ferdi. I guess I feel compelled to post on this story because I lost my father on this very day of last year. He too left this earth very suddenly and it heart wrenching in the fact that I didn't have the chance to tell him bye. But, I would agree with Kim. Sounds like yours came for a visit. Next time I see mine I hope we're in Heaven. May God be with you.
ferdi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
thanks kim, I guess you have a point there although he should have been a bit cheery and smiley when he visited. It would have been a nicer memory to remember. 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Maybe he just wanted to look in on you and see how you were and how you had grown. I feel most people who committ suicide are mentally ill in some way when they committ that final act either deppression, bipolar or something pushes them to the point where they feel that is the only way. Then, as you grew, some part of him wanted to see you.

I will say a prayer that your father found rest and peace.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: