You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Clitheroe Castle

Real Ghost Stories

Clitheroe Castle

 

On Saturday evening I went to a highly enjoyable and mind opening ghost tour that commenced at around 20:30 and ended at 02:00. This was my first experience of anything of this nature. My fascination for ghosts and the paranormal has always been there from an early age but the evening was met with more scepticism than belief...

The event took place all around the castle and we entered the rooms of the interior. We had been on the tour for a good hour talking history and the previous encounters the organisers had experienced in and around the castle.

We entered the old kitchen area, there were around 20 of us and we were all in the one room and no one else was in the castle as it was locked up. The lights suddenly went off in the room. We were all together in the middle of the room and no one was near light switches. Then after 3-4 seconds they came on again. During this time the adjacent rooms and their lights remained on as we could see the light filtering under the closed doors. This was the first experience of the evening but it didn't work my adrenalin as much as the next.

We were in the same kitchen area where the organisers decided to set up the tables and a glass experiment to contact spirits that were present. There were five of us around the glass with our fingers resting on the top of the upturned glass. In one corner was a red LED light with "yes" written next to it. The room was dark apart from these lights. After several polite requests by myself and other members, the glass started to move... I was simply flabbergasted and it sent shivers down my spine, clearly there was no one pushing or pulling the glass as it was impossible to do this as we'd tried at the start and was met with much friction... This glass glided! Around 4-5 questions were duly answered and every time we requested the glass to return to the centre of the table it did! It astounded me and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.

I'd like to know how many other people have attempted spirit contact through the use of glass and I'm interested to hear about your stories as this truly blew the scepticism of the whole evening out of the water and now I must know more.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, barrymiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Good, now you've got the OB sugestion. Please just say noooooooo. Ouiji boards are like dating a crack addict. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+7
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Griff - hahaha you and me both 😆 Think I'll sit this one out unless there is a reason for me to step in 😉
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+6
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Oh dear the dreaded OB was mentioned, I think I am just going to hide under this table until this eruption is over... 😕 😕
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
About the glass experiment, there. Is actually something you can buy called an ouija board. It is pretty much the same except there is an entire alphabet, and it has the word yes but it also has the word no. Be careful when using one you could accidentally release a demon.
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Hi I am Taiwanese, in our culture we have similar method to contact spirits, but instead of glass we would use pen or small disk, and we would also put a paper with many letters under the pen of disk to mark the meaning of the spirit.
However there is a key point, in the end of the ceremony, you must ask or request the spirit get back to where it comes from, if you forget this process or the spirit refuse to get back, and you end the ceremony directly, you may be haunted by that spirit.
Just for reference!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Hi barrymiller it sounds like you had an eventful evening 😁

I always have the niggling doubt in the back of my mind that the organisers of these events manufacture experiences. I might be completely wrong, but I always feel if nothing happens, then you are not going to rave about it to friends etc. The best form of advertisement is word of mouth. Maybe that is just me being cynical.

I don't want to take anything away from your experiences though, do you plan to return or attend any other events?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: