You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost I Never See

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost I Never See

 

I guess I should start with I was an abused child. When I say abused, it was bad. I was raped, sold for drugs, and locked in a toy box for the better part of two years. The reason I tell you this is I was told spirits latch on to trauma victims.

So my story, in order for it to make sense or at least how I make sense of it, I must flashback and forward over 35 years. I met a girl in my 20's named Leslie. She was a free spirit who dabbled in Wicca and that sort of stuff. One evening over a couple of drinks she asked me who was the man in the dark clothes walking his large black dog and had I noticed he followed me everywhere I went. I just laughed outwardly. On the inside it freaked me out.

Now let's go back about 8 years. My best bud Ryan and I were at a Grateful Dead show. We had taken some heavy duty LSD. As we ended our day he asked me why I never said anything about the old guy that always stares at me. I told him I don't see an old guy. He pointed and described him, dark clothes, gray hair walking a dog. Ryan told me he had been around us all day, never too close but the man's attention never left me.

Okay, time to travel back about 4 more years. Reed and Bryan had been dabbling in the occult, Ouija board, reading books from Aleister Crowley some Anton fellow and Lovecraft. Well, they invited me over one night to contact the spirits. I said sure. I was more interested in free food and Reed's sister. Well, they lit some candles blah, blah, blah. Reed asked for a sign and we all heard what sounded like a ting. So I am thinking they are setting me up. I look up at a window and see what looks like two red eyes. We hear more tings, feel a breeze, the candle gets brighter blah, blah. After it was over I talked with Bryan. He told me they had never as so much as heard a peep the three times they had tried before the night I was there.

So after my abuse as a child, my grandmother (paternal) finally turned my mother in. I was placed in another family. I was told that until my grandfather died (paternal) she was not allowed by him to interfere in my mother's family. I was adopted by a very religious family. They raised me from 7, well, until now. I asked my mother (adopted) why our family albums had so very few pictures of me about two years ago. She went into the basement and retrieved a shoe box. In the box were a ton of pictures of me, in most my face is distorted. In others there are shadows. In the bottom of the box an envelope of pictures that really hit home. In about ten pictures, always standing, is a gray haired man, dark suit, walking a large dark dog.

Now, I know what you're thinking... Slender man, but he doesn't exist nor do I believe in ghosts or ghouls. That stuff is silly. What bothers me is my son told me the other day that he was creeped out by the old guy always staring at our back door from across the park. My son said he has seen him at least three times in the last 2 years.

So, if this is a ghost why don't I see him? Where is the slamming doors? I will admit, a few time in my life I have heard laughing, breathing, seen things out of the corner of my eye but it's just my imagination. And if it is a ghost, how could it following our family from California to Ohio? I think everyone has imagination running amuck.

Other hauntings by lawluck1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lawluck1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
Thank you lawluck1... I'm just curious how this mysterious man and his black dog looks like... Its kind of freaky story that this spirit is following you everywhere you go.
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
I have never seen him I will post a couple of pictures they are from the 70's so not great.
migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Can you post us those pictures with the mysterious man
And his black dog. This spirit I think it must follow you
Everywhere you go that's really creepy that your friends
Only sees him but not you can't see him.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
lawluck1, I am intrigued by your experiences. Hmm it could be this spirit is protecting and watching over you, but keeping his distance. Because of the horrendous abuse you suffered as a child, the nightmares etc could be subconscience. I'm not staying that it is, also though, it could be another entity has attached itself to you, and the old man with the lab is keeping it from getting to close.
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
There have been times I felt uneasy, I had a few night terrors when I was younger well much younger. As far as watched I don't think so, I never feel totally alone because of my faith in the Lord. You know I have always felt blessed. When I was in my teens I was driving well badly way to fast on a hilly road as I approached the valley between two crest my car slowed I never hit the brakes when I came to the top of the hill at the bottom of the next valley there was a car stalled I remember telling my brother he told me the hill had slowed me but that isn't true. I had similar experiences in the marine corp. I attribute them to the Lord, maybe someone esle is watching out for me. If its true why I am not special just a father from ohio. Not that I am ungrateful I may not have been here and I cherish my life with out it I would have never had such a wonderful son.
macsamillion_94 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
lawluck1, I agree, he could be a guardian of some sort. If he's always been around and hasn't done anything to hurt you, there's a good chance he's around for a reason. Your friend could have been scared simply because he didn't know what was going on. Also, he could now be your son's guardian as well. I wouldn't worry unless you or your son start noticing explainable scratches or bruises. I believe if he was going to harm you, he would have already.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
lawluck1 - very interesting read. I can't help but feel this is not a threatening enitity, but quite possibly a guardian of some sort. Though you had an unfortunate past, however you pulled through and seems like now you have your head on right. 😊 maybe this entity has been helping you though out these years.
I'm curious, when you are alone, do you feel scared ever or being watched?
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
I can remember glimpses like snaps shots I was very young last time I saw him. From the sounds of it he is very non-descripted in the picture I saw from when I was a child his clothing looks out of date but not old fashioned. The dog looks like a large Labrador. Other then seeming out of place in the pictures. I know not very helpful. I don't know that I can remember a dog from being at his house.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Hi lawluck1, would you now what your paternal grandfather looked like if you saw him? Although he sounds creepy, he seems to have been around you for years and never done anything, that could be something, maybe he is protecting you? Just a thought.

Has anyone described the clothes he is wearing? Are they modern or 'old fashioned'?
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
No once I was adopted I lost contact with my biological family. What bothers me the most is I don't see him. Is he in my house? Over the years a couple or so times I have had night terrors. I have been awoken by laughter, even swore I saw someone in our house. But its never been anything I could swear bye just always seemed like my mind playing tricks. When I was 8 or so I had a friend over to spend the night he didn't make it through the night. I will never forget him leaving, he was crying and as scared as I have ever seen someone. We staid friends but he never came to our house again. Why do I not see it which I guess is fine maybe I don't want to. I just pray he leaves my son alone. My mother told me she thought it was my biological grand father.
macsamillion_94 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
I agree with mrfknbee, it could be someone in your family. Do you have contact with either side of your biological family? If so, maybe you could have your friends or son describe the man, and then maybe describe him to your family. This may not necessarily be an "evil" entity, but something is there.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
I just wanted to say too I don't think prison is good enough for the likes of that person, once you commit a crime so vile you should be forced to have every organ removed and giving to people dying to live a life.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
Did you ever find anything out about who the man with the dog might be, I wonder if the man may be related to you and the dog represents or symbolizes something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: