You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hand?

Real Ghost Stories

The Hand?

 

We moved into this house around 10 months ago, the house is old and was built around 1850. For the first five months nothing happened. Although, sometimes I would feel uneasy upstairs. I wouldn't like having my back turned so I would go to a place were I could see everything happening around me.

One night I was coming out from the bathroom and I saw someone's arm/hand going into my room. I originally thought it was my mum and I went in following her. When I went in, I didn't see anyone so I assumed she was hiding because she does that sometimes. I stood in the corner of my room for a while, waiting for her to jump out and scare me. My room is small so the only place she could hide was under my bed covers. I quickly pulled them up and nobody was there. I was absolutely terrified so I ran downstairs and told her what had just happened.

Her and my dad didn't think anything of it and told me that I had just thought I had seen something and that it was just my mind playing tricks on me. I don't think it was just my mind though, I was so sure that I had seen somebody. I can still see it now, in fact. It was so real.

Another time I was at my nan's (having just been to a funeral of a family member, which was near her house) and had just had a shower. I was in my pyjamas when my mum came asking where the shampoo bottle was, I told her that I had left it where it was. We asked everyone that was in the house if they had perhaps moved it, they hadn't. We searched everywhere and eventually gave up and decided to just buy another bottle.

The next morning I was in the bathroom when I saw it, exactly where I had left it. Yet it definitely wasn't there the night before. It had just vanished and reappeared. I kept thinking that it was someone wanting me to know they were there. It was odd because a family member had just recently passed away as well.

I know these are not the most exciting stories but can you please give me your thoughts on them. Do you guys think that it was just my mind? Or do you think I could have actually seen something?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ivytree, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghost242424 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
ye I have had that because about 2 weeks befor I moved house. When I put somethink down it will go the next minute and reapear ther?
Typo123 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
My grandma had a similar experience when she was young. Its kind of scary because your experience is similar to hers.
ghosts9989 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
OMG! That is kind of scary but I believe you because I have had a similar experience like that when I was 11.
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
I have the disame experiences with you but what I experienced is sometimes I keep looking for something and i'll find it beside me the next day. I know it's same but I don't find it where I left it instead I find it beside me in bed. 😁 😐

MARYANNE ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Hello Ivytree, welcome to YGS. Well, with only one incident regarding the hand, it is quite difficult to say anything about it. I do not say that you didn't see the hand but it is quite difficult to fix anything regarding paranormal with only one encounter. Try and find out the history of the house. Please ask your neighbour.

Again with regard to the shampoo bottle disappearing and reappearing, with one incident, I am not going to comment further. It might have been just that someone took it and forgot about it when you have enquired them and that they might have found out later and returned it to the place. I just said, it might have happened that way.

Because disappearing and reappearing of objects do occur when there are paranormal activities. But we cannot conclude with only one incident.

My advise would be to maintain a journal. Please do record the events that you come across in the house that have no rational explanation. But if the object keep disappearing and reappearing, please do share with details and we could help.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: