You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Locker Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Locker Room

 

This isn't much of a ghost story, more of a very creepy and possibly more to it story.

I will do my best to describe the layout of the girls locker room at my old middle school. The main door was in the gym, and when you opened the door there was a hallway directly in front of you. It was about 20/25 feet in length. At the end of the hallway was a T. To the right it lead back to the main hallway of the school (I have no idea why they did this but it was so) and to the left was a smaller hallway that lead to yet another door. That door lead to some stairs, and you are in the locker room. The school was built... Gosh I don't really know... Originally it was the high school and (I'm taking a shot in a dim room) was built around the 50's or 60's. If not a bit earlier. Now it is the middle school, but most everything is still the same as it was back when it was first built (I mean it, the wooden chairs in the auditorium weren't replaced until 2010.)

My personal experience happen in my 6th grade year. I was in the middle of gym class when I needed to go to the bathroom. I asked the teacher and she let me go. I was by myself in the locker room. In the locker room there are about three "rows," each separated by a line of lockers. At the end of these rows there is a doorway that leads to the unused showers. The light is usually off in there, so it kind of looked like an empty pit that could take your soul. Anyway I went down there and was instantly aware of just how alone I was in here. Unfortunately the stalls were like 2 feet away from the "pit" and I rushed into one. The whole time I couldn't help but feel that something was in there. Not evil, but not good. Just kind of like watching and waiting sort of thing. As soon as I was done, I rushed to wash my hands and practically flew out there.

Forward about a year, and I was talking to one of my friends, C, in gym class. I mentioned the "experience" of being alone in the locker room (which is something that never happened again) when she too said that something similar had happened to her. She had gone down there alone and nearly freaked because of the feeling that something was there. I asked around a bit and I got around the same answer. The feeling seemed to only go away when you had someone else with you.

Well me and my friend (being interested in the paranormal) thought that it would be a good idea to try to talk to whomever was in the locker room. So we got another person and walked down there. We tried to talk, but for the first time the feeling got really bad, to the point where I tried to almost hide around the corner. But soon more people came down to see what we were doing and the feeling left. Nothing happened at all.

I went through those horrible years, mostly forgetting about it all until in my 7th or 8th grade summer, my mom, my mom's friend D, my friend L, and I were driving around our county looking at old and supposedly haunted places.

As we were heading home, D (who is very knowledgeable about these sort of things) pointed to the middle school and told me that she has heard on many occasions that there is ghost in one of the locker rooms. I sat up and ask which locker room. She said she wasn't sure. She also said that there were reports of shadows in the woods behind the school.

I knew I could believe that (although I never saw them) because C and I always had to pass this one area when walking laps that always seemed darker then the rest of the woods.

Plus (about 500 or 600 feet away) in a nearby meadow, some classmates of mine told us that there was a gravestone back there. I never got to see it (at lease not yet) and I don't know if they were messing around or not but I thought I should add it in the story.

Anyway, sorry for no actual ghost but maybe next time.

Thank you for reading

GIRLIE <3

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

publicways (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-22)
One question about your story: Why were the showers unused?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-13)
Remind of what lady-glow and griiff84 says which made me think of my own high school every students was in mourns and one of my classmate which I ask him what going on that I just got there that morning to school he tell that they mourn for the girl who died in bathroom in school but may not be truth about bathroom but not sure which bathroom and told me that she commit suicide in the bathroom so may not be truth about the whereabout some kids like to tell those to scare you girlie. I know what you mean about feeling being watching. All of schools always huntings.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
savsavvy: as far as I know the school does not have a bomb shelter. It very well could have had one when it was first built, but I don't think there is one now.

Lady-glow and Griff: oh yeah, I'll agree with you, my mind can go pretty crazy sometimes. I think the main reason I didn't just push it off as that completely is that others had felt it too. People even braver then myself. But yeah, it could have just been childish nerves. Lol

GIRLIE ❤
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
Hi girlie, I agree with lady-glow, a lot of what you have told is he said, she said, and rumour. These things usually start with something small, and snowball into a legend in no time.

The feeling of being frightened and 'not alone' is common when you are in a dark and creepy place. With all the horror movies out there, and just a primeval fear of the dark / unknown these all adds towards these feelings too.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
Girlie: school aged children are highly impressionable, and the fact that you were alone could had been enough to make you afraid of...nothing!
You say that " The feeling seemed to only go away when you had someone else with you." This reinforces my theory, having someone's company would make you feel safe. 😉
As rumors go, specially in small towns, kids would talk about the "presence" of a ghost in the locker room even without evidence. Do you know of any particular reason that could explain the existence of a ghost? What about the history of the place?

Like you say, this isn't much of a ghost story, but I think it would be interesting trying to do some paranormal research of that locker room.

Thanks for sharing.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
My high school was haunted and a similar thing happened to me too, but in the band bathroom. The school was built in the 60's and even has a bomb shelter. Does your middle school have one too? The story goes at my high school that some kids started to mess around with some black magic in the bomb shelter back in the 60's and that it has stuck with the school ever since.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: