You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Hello Again Kitten

Real Ghost Stories

Hello Again Kitten

 

This story makes me sad when I think of it, but here it goes.

A LONG time ago, we had found a kitten. We named her De-De (in our family we name our animals in alphabetical order), and she lived in my brother's room because she was too small to stay outside.

When she lived in my brother's room, she left a certain smell. NOT a urine smell, more like a kitten love and fur kind of smell. It real's hard to explain, but whenever I smelled that smell, I would think of De-De.

To make a long, sad story short De-De died on her second night of being old enough to go outside. My whole family was very sad, but I always thought it was my fault and my brother thought the same thing. But we moved on and tried not to think of it.

Flash forward like 6 or 7 years, and I was getting out of the shower (yes a lovely picture lol). Anyway I was getting out of the shower when I smelled the "De-De smell" you might say.

Now the smell did stay, right at the doorway to my brother's room for a good year or two after she had died, but it had long since gone away. So what a surprise for me to suddenly smell this smell.

It lasted for like 5 or 6 seconds then slowly went away. I thought, maybe (trying to figure it out) that it was the rug I was standing on. So I bent down, and smelled one last whiff, then it went away and I didn't smell it again. I wasn't scared; I was just surprised that she came, if it really was her.

I know a lot of you won't believe me, but she was my kitten, and I do believe that she came to visit me. This story was really hard for me to write, so don't say anything mean. I just wanted to share my story. Thank you.

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ScaredHottie (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
ok that's sad but adorable I'm glad De-De loved you as much as you loved her that's sweet I'm a major animal lover and have had many animals pass away thx for sharing
NyankoSensei (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
Aw that is so sweet. Brought a tear to my eye. She must of loved you.
Cats are amazing creatures. Well all animals are!
gothicgurl13 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
i know how it feels to lose a pet that you love... I had a cat that my dad gave to me... Everything was fine with the cat... That is until I found my cat dead on the road. But I always thought it was my fault for letting him out of the house that night...

From,
Jasmine
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
I had a little kitten named Kit Kat when I was a kid. He was very cute and clever (he used to play fetch with a little plastic flower that we would throw). He went missing and we never did find him, but one evening a few days or weeks after he disappeared, I distinctly felt and heard him clawing his way up my blankets (he was too little to jump onto the bed and this is how he used to get in bed with me). Of course, when I looked, he wasn't there. I believe he must have come back to visit me one last time. These kind of pet stories are probably a lot more common than people realize and proof (in my opinion) that animals do indeed have souls.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
thank you all again for your wonderful comments. It helps think of this story in a much more easier way.
GIRLIE ❤ ❤ ❤
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
What a nice sorrow story you wrote 😭. I'm glad that De-De came back to see you for a while.
AfricanDream001 (1 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Hi Girlie, I had a cat named Bart (actually my sister in law's cat, but as we all lived together, and I was at home during the day, from the time Bart was a kitten, he hung out with me, and was with my husband and I on most evenings, etc). Bart was just over a year old when he was hit by a car. Funny thing is, I couldn't find him for two days. Each time I drove out of our yard in Johannesburg, I would scout the pavements and the road for any sign of him, but there was nothing. I searched the garden and spent ages outside calling at night, but again nothing. On the third morning, when I returned from dropping my toddler off at nursery school, I saw something on my old Beetle which was parked in the driveway. When the electric gate opened and I began to pull into the yard, I realised it was Bart, but immediately knew that there was something wrong, as it was 08H00 in the morning, winter, and he would never lie on the car which was still in the shade at that stage and freezing. As I pulled up, I knew from the way he was lying so still that soemthing terrible had happened and that he was gone. Jacob, our chap who helps out in the garden, etc. Came out of the garage and said he was sorry. I asked him where he found the cat, and he said that Bart had been lying right outside the gate. How is it that I never saw him at all? We buried him, and I was alsolutely broken up inside. My little daytime companion was gone. That night, I cried myself to sleep, and nothing my husband waid would console me. I was absolutely devastated. I eventually fell asleep, and dreamt that I was walking out of my bedroom, when I felt Bart rubbing up against my legs. I bent down, and there he was, completely whole and perfectly alright. I remember gasping in my dream, because I knew he had died, but at the same time, I was so so relieved, and just picked him up, and he snuggled in against my neck, like he always did, and purred and purred. When I woke up, I told my husband what had happened, and we both believe that I was allowed a glimpse into the beyond. Death cannot separate love. Even animals know that, and animals know how to love us too, so, I believe that your DeDe popped over just to let you know that you are still loved.

Regards to all
Johannesburg
South Africa
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
What a really wonderful story here girlie. It must have been really hard for you to write this. I know if my baby Lucy died, I would be heartbroken, but I know that she would always be with me (Lucy is my 1 year old cat).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
hadeswolf (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Pets if truly loved are known to come back, although rare, it isn't hard to believe. So you lucky (if that's the correct word to describe this). And joseph is right, spirits use smell to make themselves known quite often. Like angry spirits and demons give off a sulphur smell.
I hope your kitty visits you again. And don't blame yourself, trust me it won't help. (Personal experience talking)
Regards
Wolf
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
OMG! Thank you all so much for your comments! I glad that everyone else has had the same sort of thing happen to them! I just had another experience (I lease I think I did) but not with De-DE one of my moms cats. I'll put it in another story, thank you all soo much!

GIRLIE ❤ ❤ ❤
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
what a nice and sorrowful story,
Little car is easy to die, that is not you and your brother's fault.
Don't be so sad.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
YDKM - I was wondering where you'd been. Hadn't seen you around for awhile. Welcome back 😊
youdontknowme88 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
Oh, gosh. That's so sweet it wants to make me cry. Poor little De-De! I know very well how it is to lose a loved pet. Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing this story with us. May she rest in peace.

YDKM88 ❤
misstee4 (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
Animals who knew they were so loved will come back to you! I know because I had the same thing happen to me when I was about 8 years old. My cat Tony that I loved and treated like my baby died and I was heartbroken. About a year later, one morning, I woke up and there he was, a little bigger than he was when he died, he also had very dinstinct markings (he was only about a year old when he died if I remember right) . I saw him and yelled happily" Tony!" And yelled to my family who got up to see what was going on. They dismissed it as some stray cat that somehow got into our house and made me take him out. I cried but did as I was told and when I took him outside bawling my eyes out, he walked off and I never saw that cat again but I know to this day that it was my cat Tony. That experience helped me get over my loss and I'm glad to hear you were able to experience something somewhat the same! You can rest assure De De knew you loved her!
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Hi Girlie, lovely sweet story, nice your kitten came back to play with you. I was thinking the smell might of been from you after having the shower but if you strongly believe its your kitten then I wish you all the best. 😊
ericstanway (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
I believe firmly in animal spirits. My father used to have a cat, "Cleo," who spent most of her time in his office. She died in 1994. When my father passed on in 2000, we were all at the house when we got a call from the hospital that he was gone. At just about the same time, my girlfriend claimed she saw a black and white cat heading down the corridor to my father's office. I think she knew he had passed on, and was there to help him over.
richard17 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
nice story I believe you its really nice to hear de de came back
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
I understand this feeling of guilt. I've lost a number of beloved animals, and have blamed myself, my ignorance, my slow reflexes... I always seem to figure out some way I was responsible. Because, we as the humans are responsible for our little friends that rely on us so completely. Its tough. But you learn from these experiences, that you can not control everything, or always be there to rescue everyone.
All you can do is take that guilt, and try to let it go.
Because now you know, and will do better next time.
Don't be afraid to love again.
There are after all, a lot of animals needing love and quite a few sweet names beginning with E.
Maxyman_1998 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
This is so sweet I had a experience like this one so I believe you I just hope that De-De visits you again 😁
pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
being a cat lover I do believe your cat would come back to where it felt love, thanks for sharing xx
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Hi girlie

Being an animal lover myself, I'm always touched by these stories of beloved pets visting after they have passed. I'm sure your little kitty was very happy to have such a loving home, even if it was for a short time and came back to say hello. 😊

Thanks for sharing ❤
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Thank you for your sweet story. We are a family of animal lovers, and I have seen a shadow of a cat a few times recently that I believe is our deceased kitty Johnny. I agree with JosephC that animals are probably the sweetest spirits in the universe. ❤
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Thats sweet... How lovely it is that she visited you letting you know with her 'kitty scent'❤. Thanks for sharing the sweet experience❤😊

~Nikky
mind_wide_open (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
I like to believe that animals move on just as we do. You sound like your a scent person, as well as I am. Sometimes the scents are our best memory if something. I'm glad DeDe still comes around for you.

Mind_wide_open ❤
JosephC (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
girlie - why should anyone not believe you? Smell seems to be one of the ways that spirits make themselves known. You're kitten probably did return to give you a little "Hi, there," just to let you know that he's okay. There's nothing more forgiving than an animal. I think they are probably the sweetest spirits in the universe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: