You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Creepy Old House

Real Ghost Stories

My Creepy Old House

 

I lived on an old farm that has been in my family for over 100 years now. The original house that was built on my property is still standing, and quite sturdy. I call it the creepy old house, mainly because it's creepy and old. Within the last year or so, me and my friends, that have come with me to the house have had something happen.

The first time was with my friend L. Me and her kept hearing footstep on the top floor. This freaked us out.

The house has two floors and two rooms on each floor. There used to be a fireplace, but now it's just a hole, which is where I and my friends usually enter.

But the most recent thing that happened was between me and my other friend B. We had been over there about a month before hand, and had heard noises and footsteps. Well this time, she decided to go up the stairs alone, and I was to sit in the "fireplace hole".

She was walking up the stairs really slowly, and she had only reached like the second step, when I heard some whispering. I wasn't sure if it really was or not, so I listened for a little while, and then asked B if she heard it too. At first she said no, but then she listened and heard it for a few seconds, then it all together stopped.

I wanted to leave, but B said no, and continued up the stairs. All the while, hearing different noises. Finally B had at least reached the second floor, and I watched her. Suddenly she ran back down the stairs, I asked her what happened. But she told me to run. So I did. And we didn't stop until we got to the main path (about 200 yards from the house). She told me that she heard a lot of movement upstairs, and that it scared so much she got out of there.

Well I was happy with just hearing the whispering, but then we realized that the cat that had followed us over there had been left in our dust. Not wanting my cat to get lost, I said that we didn't to go back. B said that she would go, but for me to stay on the main path. I told her no, but she insisted so much that, I waited until she was a few yards in front of me, until I made my way up toward the house.

The cat did come out, but B wanted to go into the house by herself. I had gotten up to the front of the house, about a minute after B went in. At that moment I heard what sounded like a little girl, who was scared; calling (what I thought) was my name. Scared it was my friend I called back her name, and I started to the side of the house, to go inside. But then I saw B come out, smiling.

"Children" was all she said.

Before I asked her what she meant, I asked her if she called me. She said that she didn't say a word, but she heard a voice. I asked, "did it sound like a scared little girl?" and she nodded. I told her I thought it said my name, but she disagreed, so we never figured out what the voice said.

B then told me that she thought it came from outside, when I thought it had come from within. We decided to go back home, and I kept an eye on the house as we left.

Suddenly I saw what looked like a flash of light, go from left to right, in the right window. I told this to B and she reminded me, that when we had come here last month, that she had seen the same thing, in the same window, but going right to left instead.

And as I am typing now I remember from two years earlier, after me and L had gone to the house, I was going past the creepy old house, and in the left window, I saw something that looked like a pure white leaf falling past the window. I still don't know what that was either.

But other weird thing: the two times me and B had gone to the creepy old house, were both of the 11th of Feb. And the 11th of April.

Weird enough for you?

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
[at] blackness,
Ya know I never thought of that. It would explain a lot of things, on how i'm the only one in both my own house and the creepy old house that can feel things. Mmmmmmm
I shall think on that...thx!
blackness (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
If nobody else in the family has felt these things maybe she has focused on you. It could be you remind her of someone she knew when she was alive, or it could be she died before the history of the area took place.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
maybe but not really sure. I think it's more of a imprint of a child, not really a the child sprit it's self. My dad told me that there had been no history of someone dieding young in the house (we've had the farm for over 100 years) and the two graves that are near it, the woman had died in there 50's and older. Now there are more graves in my neighbor's yard, but I haven't been able to seen them yet, but if I do I'll let ya'll know.
GIRLIE ❤
Ambydude (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
it sounds like a little girl is trying to tell you how she died or something you need to know 😁
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
no, that's the weird thing. All the while this was going on, my dogs and cats that were with me didn't seem to notice a thing.
blackness (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Besides feeling creeped out have they been violent in anyway to anyone? Like throwing things at a person? Does the cat behave very weird around the house?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Feeling of being watched (2 me) YES,
But there are no bad feeling in there, I just get super creeped out if I ever go over there by myself
GIRLIE
blackness (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Does the place ever feel unwelcoming, something is terribily wrong or constantly being watched
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
From what I know, there were no chilren deaths in the house from what my dad has told me, but that I know that doesn't mean there were some. But it wasn't said. A few days ago me and her went back and I started to call the girl Emma, and across the feild there are some graves, and on on of the graves the name was Emma...
GIRLIE ❤
Shadow-Girl (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
Wow, that is pretty scary. A little girls voice you say?, maybe you should look up the history of your house, and see who lived there. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: