You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunting In My Flat

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting In My Flat

 

My boyfriend and I moved into our flat about 2 and a half years ago. When we first veiwed it, it was obvious that a girl was living there at the time, make up, perfume and just generally girly stuff led me to believe this. Anyhow on the first few days I kept seeing a figure of an old man, bald head, wispy grey beard, wearing a red waistcoat. I also got a bad feeling down one end of the room. My boyfriend never saw anything, and dismissed it as an over active imagination. In time we met our next door neighbour who had lived there for a lot longer.

Whilst chatting to him I told him of my experiences, he looked quite shocked and went white as a sheet.

A year before we had moved in, an old man had lived there for the past 36 years. He matched my description to a T. Also he had died in his sleep, his bed situated right where I had the bad feelings down that end of the room.

Also one day much later and in broad daylight I was making a cup of tea in the kitchen when I saw what I can only describe as a small humanoid figure bent over with blackened, bumpy skin. It was scurrying just past the kitchen window. It was as if the thing had been severely burnt. I ran out the kitchen to investagate but saw no sign of this creature.

A few days later I decided to research the history of our road and surrounding area. It turned out back in Victorian times there used to be a theatre, that caught fire and many people died in the fire, trapped in the building, men, women and children died in that fire.

Was it maybe the ghost of one of the children I saw?

Other hauntings by ravenofmidian

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ravenofmidian, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Hi ravenofmidian, I believe you saw a relic left from the horrific fire you learnt about in your research. If you think about it, the fire would have caused such intense emotions in its victims that that could have caused them to remain attached long after the event and demolition of the former theatre.

I wonder why you get a negative feeling from where the old man died, or is it his spirit itself that is negative? Also, was there a little girl living with the old man? I'm unsure where the link to the girly paraphernalia is?

I enjoyed reading about you're experience, thanks😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
ravenofmidian: welcome to YGS.
I think you are right about seen a ghost from the burnt theater and the one from the previous tenant of your apartment. It would be a good idea to do a cleansing of your flat and, hopefully, send the old man's spirit to the light.
Do you know if any other people living in the area has seen this little spirit?
Thanks for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: