You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted Flat

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Flat

 

I had split up from my wife in the back end of 2001 and moved out of my home town of Liverpool and through a family friend found a one bed roomed flat below his in part street Southport. It was a nice flat in a quiet area just outside town centre and handy for pubs and clubs that I loved going too.

It was not long before I found myself a new girlfriend and eventually she moved in with me as a trial basis, and we invited her only son to visit us for the weekend. During his stay he was showing me how to do things on the computer. I got up and walked towards the flat door to the hall way and opened it pulling the curtain which we had covering the door to stop any drafts coming into our flat, just to give us privacy from strangers looking in. I slipped it over the door and walked away.

I was standing talking to my girlfriend who was standing by the bathroom and her son a few feet away on the computer and myself standing by the bed room door. We were having a go at each other for a bit of fun when suddenly and without warning the flat door slammed shut on its own accord. We all turned towards each other wondering what had happened and who had slammed our door shut. I was the first to move to the flat door and reopened the door to look outside into the hall way. I was shocked when I looked around to see there was no one on the stairs or going into the other flats that was on our floor.

We had no explanation for this nor could we believe that it had happened all that we knew was none of us three had done it, and what we didn't realise that was the first of a number of things to happen to us in that flat, I will go into them at a later date.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tuttseysboy07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
I definitely would include your other experiences. Many times I have had doors close. If someone else was opening and shutting a door down the hallway, it would cause a draft of sort that would push air down the hall. It's just a thought, so it would be nice to hear the other things going on too. Are you the only apartment on that floor? If you are then maybe it was paranormal.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Ive heard similar accounts to this before, it may very well have a logical explanation to it. But the paranormal point of view from myself would be that if something was there it did not like the actions and fake arguing or whatever it was you were doing to each other. I get the feeling it thought it was legitimate and it showed you it dislike of the situation perhaps. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Have to agree with the others. It could have been the wind. Have you tried to see if it could have been shut on its own? Also, how long was it before you went to the door to take a look outside? Also, have you asked your neighbours?

Would love to hear more of your stories.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Hi tuttseysboy07, I agree with others and interested in knowing about your other experiences/encounters in your flat before coming to a conclusion. As black said, I also initially thought it might have been wind. But when you said that you had other experiences, I would like to know. Keep us informed before we give our opinions further. If possible and if you have done some investigation about the history of the flat, experiences of previous residents and neighbours, please also inform.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
One slamming door isn't substantial enough but I am interested to hear about your other experiences. I look forward to reading.

Thanks, zeta.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
I thought that it was only the wind that let the door slammed, but later when you told that there are experiences too, I was doubting.But,is it the wind? Are there open windows?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: