You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Veiled Entity And Sleep Paralysis?

Real Ghost Stories

Veiled Entity And Sleep Paralysis?

 

A very strange thing happened to me fifteen years ago. At the time, I shared my bedroom with my little sister. From my bed, I could see the electronic clock in the kitchen because we always left the room's door opened. One night, I woke up suddenly. I must say that my father had a bad habit of snoring and everyone can hear him throughout the house. So I opened my eyes and saw a person standing silently beside my bed with a garment or a piece of cloth over his/her head and which covered his/her face. I immediately thought it was my sister because she was and is still a hell of a prankster. However, this was not the time to make jokes in the middle of the night especially when you have school the next day. So, I asked my sister to go back to sleep and closed my eyes. Since I didn't hear her moving, I opened my eyes again and I try to push her back to her bed but to my horror, my hand went through the body! With a sudden movement, I raised my blanket to be able to get out of the bed. In doing so, the blanket had masked my eyes for a split second and when it fell on the bed, the thing was gone. My sister was sleeping soundly in her bed and my dad was still snoring. The green luminescent numerals of the electronic clock in the kitchen showed it was 2:22 AM. To this day, I remain convinced that it was not a dream because during the whole time, I heard my father snoring. I don't know if this is connected, but that evening before going home I bought a decorative sword in the Chinatown and I put it near my bed.

More recently I had another strange and very scary situation. Once again, my sister was involved. In 2004, I woke up at 6 AM as every day of the week, but my sister monopolized the bathroom. She had not finished her shower even if she gets up at 5 AM. I was lying in my bed waiting for my sister to get out of the bathroom. Suddenly I felt my mattress was sinking as if someone was lying next to me! I was paralyzed and could not move. There was a presence in my bed a few inches from me and I could not even turn around to see what it was. I could hear my sister drying her hair with the dryer. I started screaming her name, but the noise of the dryer was too loud. I cried for a few minutes. She eventually heard me once she has finished drying her hair. She then asked me what I wanted. At this point, my muscles came out of their torpor and I could turn around. I was alone in my bed! Again, I'm sure I was not dreaming. My alarm clock did indeed ring at 6 AM. I opened my eyes and I pulled the blinds without leaving my bed. I heard my sister in the shower so I decided to wait for her to finish by staying in bed. When the thing was lying in my bed, my sister was drying her hair and I heard her perfectly well. I am sure that I did not fall asleep again after my alarm clock rang and I was conscious when I woke up until my sister answered me.

Other hauntings by Taycaoco

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Taycaoco, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
This could be a good case for sleep paralysis. You are awake, but your brain is still in a a dream state. It causes intense fear, visions and the inability to move, among other things.

That was a good read- I smiled a bit at the part with the prankster sister. I did those sorts of things to my older sister all the time.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Tay - I was born in VN but I am chinese. I left vn at a very young age 😳
Taycaoco (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
[at] notjustme: Yes, I had a strange experience in a hotel two months ago in Vietnam. I'll submit it for publication soon. It seems you are Vietnamese like me. I live in Québec province.:)

[at] lady-glow: Nobody died around the time I saw the veiled thing and I never saw this apparition again. The Chinese sword were a decorative mass produced one. I gave it to a friend and she never had "paranormal" encounters before or since my gift. You're right, my second experience seems to be a "normal" sleep paralysis.

[at] Sellene: Thank you for your suggestion.
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
First off I would like to tell you that I have had an experience with shadow things in my own bedroom and had like a sleep paralysis (but I was awake-felt like a half dreamstate but I was awake). My friend suggested to me to wear a cross necklace (I'm not really religious but I didn't have any more problems with shadows appearing the whole week that I wore the necklace).

Like Lady-Glow said if it is antique it could have some attachment to it, but reproductions will not.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
taycaoco: do you remember if one of your relatives or family friends had passed away around the time you saw the veiled spirit? Perhaps she/he just stopped by to say good bye. Did you see this apparition again?
About the sword, -was it an antique or only a commercial reproduction? If it were an antique it could had had some kind of energy attached to it, but that wouldn't be the case if it were a mass produced one.

As for your second experience perhaps you were falling asleep again while waiting for your sister to finished using the bathroom but, who knows for sure?😲

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, it's a good read.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
taycaoco - sounds like you are very sensitive to the paranormal. Very scary events I would say. I would be terrified seeing a person with a veil or anything that covers the face, almost just as scary as seeing an ugly monster 😭 I wonder what/who it could be. Has anything else happened to you since then?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: