You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Did A Ghost Save My Sisters Life?

Real Ghost Stories

Did A Ghost Save My Sisters Life?

 

Me and my mum were talking a few days back about mine and my sisters childhood until she told me a story that really got me thinking... But first I'll tell you a little about me... Yes I am 15, but I have always believed in ghosts/demons and anything like that and now thanks to this site I'm willing to share the few experiences I've had.

So my mum began telling me about that when I was a baby we had to move to a bigger house because of our growing family, so we moved to a place in Derby, (England). The man we brought the house off was a very god fearing person and had only owned the house for about 2-3 years but wanted to move immediately, but my dad did not believe in ghosts and neither did my mum so we decided move in. The first year came and went with nothing happening until about half way through the second year my sister was asleep in her cot and my dad was walking upstairs, she began to wail so my dad decided to check on her but he couldn't open the bedroom door and he was wildly shouting for my mum to come and help. When she did the door swung open and my sister simply stood and stopped crying but she wasn't looking at my parents she was looking at the corner of the room. Thinking nothing of it they wheeled the cot into their room and went to sleep.

This happened a few times throughout the year. But one day my dad was out side gardening whilst my mum was inside caring for Robyn (my sister) when she heard a clatter upstairs so taking Robyn with her she had a look. As she went into Robyn's room she had noticed the shelf above her bed had fallen directly into the cot but luckily no one was hurt so she moved the cot into the middle of the room and returned downstairs to see the sofa had been silently pushed in front of the back door. By this time she was quite nervous and wanting to move. But later that night after she had put Robyn to bed and they were asleep she felt a tugging on the duvet until it was violently ripped off. She immediately woke and heard a whisper through the baby monitor she could not tell what it was saying though but thought of us and ran to see if we were ok. I was fine but my sister was choking on her own vomit and had began to change colour.

Had the ghost saved my sisters life?

We did in fact look into the history of the house and found that a man had called and drowned in the cellar back in the 50s. I hope that one of you can give me some answers thank you for reading.

Ps I posted this on my phone so if there are any auto corrects I apologise.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadow_watcher98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hearts-Light (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
You know what? The Ghost protecting stuff that happened to your sister happened to me once. I think I was 7 or 8 at that time... We were planning to go to our grandmother's house but when we got our car out of the Garage then we found out that one of the tires had a big scar wide open... As you know that we were outside and it was 1:00 AM
When I saw something white on a tree that is near a building that was claimed to be haunted, I pointed the torch light on it then I couldn't see it but when I closed the torch, I could see it again... Then I decided to go to the tree and as You know that you shouldn't go to the shed of the tree after 12:00 AM or 6:00 PM
But I went there at at Midnight! But seems like nothing happened to me as I wasn't scared at all as most children should at that Age... And My Days were Normal a they should have been... 😕 p.s I had many other experiences too
fluffyllama12 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
Hey add me on skype: cutegirl1266, We can share experiences together, very interesting story:) I am also 15:)
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
I second everything lady-glow asks, also, I know tragic accidents happen with flooded celars.

In the 1880's, the town I am from in England had a work house, much like any town in the country at the time. I read an article of the history of this work house, and this story was amongst them -

On the afternoon of 14th January 1842, a tragedy occurred after Thomas and Sarah Brunt, their four-year-old son Thomas, and two younger children were admitted to the workhouse. At 5pm, the children were taken to the kitchen to be fed bread and cheese and then let out to play. At bedtime, Thomas could not be found. After some searching, the kitchen's cellar door was found to be open. The cellar was never used as it was undrained and always had several feet of water standing in it, although the top of the steps was used for storage. After a lamp was brought, bread was seen floating on the water and Thomas's body was then recovered by one of the paupers but he could not be revived. A bruise was found on his right temple, assumed to be caused by falling down the stairs after he had gone through the wrong door.

Apologies to the O/P, just thought this relevant somehow 😊 Thanks for your post.
Shadow_watcher98 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
My sister was moved back in after my parents where confident that no more accidents would take place

My sister was about 4ish at the time.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Very interesting story, I'm glad no one got hurt during the time you lived in that place.
When you say "... My dad did not believe in ghosts and neither did my mum so we decided move in." -Do you mean your parents were aware of the previous owner selling the house because of the ghost?
Perhaps it is because of the auto correct (it can be annoying 😠), but I do not understand how the man could have drowned in the cellar, -was it flooded? 😕
I'm looking forwards to read more of your postings.
Shadow_watcher98 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Sorry I diddent explain the story very well... The cot was moved back after a few weeks and my sister was around 4 at the time
Beppy07 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Honestly, it sounds like there may be more than one spirit in the house. It sounds like a spirit may have been trying to save your sister from a negative energy.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Very interesting. It seems like an intelligent presence really wanted your mother's attention. Yanking the duvet off of her made darn sure she'd be awake to hear the whisper through the monitor. It seems that who or whatever was in the house had no ill intent toward your family, and yeah I think it did save your sister.
Admittedly, this particular spirit sounds like a trickster personality, but not in a malicious way. It pranked your family, but had your sister's back when she needed help.
Looking forward to any other experiences you choose to share with us.
And don't apologize for autocorrect. I've had to backspace a dozen times just on this comment because my phone keeps changing words. 😆
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
shadow_watcher98 - Thanks for your story. I'm not sure about the door-jam and shelf incident but the duvet tugging sounds like a passed relative more than anything bad. How old was your sister during the second year?
sprit-fairy-303 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
im not sure but I reckon the ghost saved your sister
Just one question surly you said that your mum moved your sisters bed ibto your rents room
😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: