You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Weird Experiences In Old Home Built In 1898

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Experiences In Old Home Built In 1898

 

My house is in Monroe County, PA, USA. That's all I'm going to say.

Growing up, I've had some weird experiences. The ones that are most prevalent were a few years ago. I still have some weird things happening. I never try to contact the spirits because I'd rather not stir up some stuff like I did in the past. I used to provoke, but I was young and naive.

Anyways, a few years ago, I was sitting on the toilet, doing my business before a shower. Is that TMI? Oh well. I was finishing up, when all of a sudden, a deodorant package in the trash can levitates in the air, as well as a comb that was on my sink. They were spinning while levitating. In a flash, they both went to opposite spaces, nearly hitting me. The comb landed perfectly in the trash can JUST as it HAD been on the sink. I was freaked out, needless to say.

Some nights, when I am depressed or just angst-y, I will wake up in the middle of night not being able to breathe. I will have three red claw marks diagonally running down my chest, burning like hell. When I wake up in the next morning, they're not there.

I also have heard voices in my room when nobody is in the house, very deep voices at a very low volume. Whispering. They're inaudible, but sometimes I can get a drift of what they're saying. They seem to be regarding events very far into the past. Like, 1900's. I've heard talks about WWI and WWII, comparisons, etc. It's pretty crazy. I've also heard other languages, such as Latin and German. This concerns me as demons do tend to speak those languages in large. It also only happens in my room.

That's about it. Is there something I could do to stop this? My parents are very skeptical.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hei, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
So you're hearing the German language in a state primarily settled by German and Swiss Quakers and you find this odd. I'd say it validates your whole story. Truth be told, at first reading I wondered about the tale until you mentioned the folks talking about WWI un WWII in German. We had a lot of first generations in our neighborhood and I remember the old ladies talking together about family still in Germany and WWII, and suddenly use German so as not to offend. Sometimes they cried. Maybe you're hearing a residual conversation about some relative they missed. And I also wondered about the Latin problem. Lots of people use Latin to express things not well articulated in English. Like Host, or Uniform, or Pashion, or... 😆
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
In my opinion, there is no specific demon language. If they would like to communicate with us they will do so in a language or expression that we could decipher and understand (if it were meant for us).

Regarding your story on the whispering and talking, there could be just some residual haunting reliving their past and you could be sensitive to spirits. If the spirits mean no harm to you then you don't have to worry.

About the claw, do you have any cats or animals that is possible of injuring you unintendedly while you were asleep? Anger, frustation and sadness could attract negative entity towards you as they feed off on negative emotion, aura etc
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
I'm not sure if I can be much help to you, but I am just as curious as Vonboeckmann as to why you believe both German and Latin are languages used by demons?
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Please why do you think German and Latin are the demons language?
Could you have been dreaming and scratched your chest lightly so there are no marks in the am? I can't comment on yourbathroom saga. Do you think this relates to past behaviour? J
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
Hmm. Very bizarre. It does seem as though your state has its share of hauntings, so I supposed anything is possible.

Odd incident, though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: