You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The School That Was Built on a Cemetary

Real Ghost Stories

The School That Was Built on a Cemetary

 

I'm kind of new to to this site and this will be the first one I'll post, I have a lot more though. This one isn't the scariest but it's still one that I'll remember clearly when I think of 'ghosts'. It happened about 5 years ago. I was 9 years old then and I still can remember this very clearly. I moved a lot of places and went to a lot of different schools, but this one... Was just different from the others somehow. I had heard rumors from some people that it was built on a cemetery and that it was haunted. So when I heard that, I had chills down my spine but I didn't quite believe it. I told that to my parents and they said that it was nonsense and that I had no reason to worry about it. So I slept through it and forgot about it.

Then the next day, I went to my new school for the first time. Everything was fine and everyone seemed nice. Also, the school was kind of small so they didn't have enough space for all the classrooms inside it and some were outside. I don't know how to call them but anyways... I was in one of the outdoor ones, I felt reassured. Although when it came to going inside the school for Music class, the bathroom and stuff like that I had this feeling that something there just wasn't right. So I tried not going inside too often. I never actually went in it alone, only with classmates and teachers.

Well, one day we were inside our classroom doing some work and I didn't go to the bathroom for a while, I was holding it in and I really had to go so I gave in and asked my teacher if I could. Of course, she said yes. I ran off to the school's front door (the classrooms are in front of the school in rows). I pulled the door open and walked to the bathroom, not looking behind me. I had that strong feeling of being watched. I was so scared. I then came up in front of the bathroom and opened it. The feeling was even stronger now and the bathroom was icing cold. I just ignored it. At least, I tried to. I just went into a stall when I heard the door open. Of course, I thought it was somebody else that entered the washroom, so I didn't pay attention. I then heard some footsteps, they were unusual though. Not the kind an actual person would make. I started to shake and the feeling of being watched just grew stronger and stronger. Then, I heard someone pulling some tissue paper. I still told myself it was nothing, it was probably just someone else.

When I was about to come out of the stall, I was still hearing footsteps. I came out and everything grew silent. No more noises at all. It's as if the thing that was there just vanished suddenly. I got so scared and opened the door slamming it to the wall to get out. I was about to run off when I just froze there. Some white flash mixed with some colors passed by me so fast that I couldn't notice what it was. It was just so fast and so sudden. It gave me a huge chill, I was freezing. When I could actually move, I ran off and pushed the school's front doors open. I think that was the fastest I'd ever ran my whole life. I came back to the classroom trying to take my breath back and everyone just stared at me with a surprised look on their face. I sat there as if nothing had happened.

Then things kept happening when I was in that school, I tried not to go inside but sometimes I had to. Like to go to the library to go get a book for my book report. So that day, I went and I stared inside the library looking at the bookshelves searching and when my classmates were in another area of the library. I was in between two bookshelves alone when I see someone on the other side of the bookshelf. I thought it was another student. But then I went to the other side only to see that the 'person' had disappeared. It was a girl with shoulder length brown hair, she looked like she was in her teens. I was so scared, stuff still kept happening. This time, smaller things. Like footsteps, unusual noises and etc... But other than that, nothing too scary as I'd experienced before.

I moved from that place since then. I thanked god. I didn't want to be in that school any longer. Just after that, my friend had told me that someone killed a girl in the bathroom I used. I never ever want to go back there again. Those troubled spirits probably never rested in peace. People just ignored the fact that they were there but everyone knew they were. I have no idea what had become of that school after moving. I feel so relieved that I didn't have to spend another minute there. I didn't actually tell anyone what I'm telling you right now but I feel as if if I ever told anyone, they would just think I was crazy.

Well, that's it. Sorry for making it so long... It might have not sounded that scary but trust me, it was!

Also, I'm not good at writing stories but I still hope you had fun reading this and I'm just wondering, does anyone know what that weird white flash might have been? Do you think it was an evil or a good ghost? Maybe it was the girl...

Other hauntings by Sn0wAng3l

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sn0wAng3l, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Missywoot1124 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Wow. I've never heard of someone being killed in a school bathroom. I'm having thought about my school being haunted too. ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
I have to go with Shane's idea of this. Since you already knew about the school in the first place. That could of helped in what happen in the first place. Just knowing it was built on a grave yard is kind of creepy to know that. Good story.
Amiie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Well, The white flash was proberaly a spirit aura, white is good, black is evil, if there were other colours mixed in then to be honest, the spirit was mostly good, with some troubles...
The occourence in the toilets was most proberaly the girl, but don' be freaked out, she has just not be left to rest in peace yet. Maybe the school should be blessed, but I'm glad you're not there anymore.

Well, g'luck X
fan_DMG (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-23)
you must have been freaked out! This must have been your first experience. ❤
cash98 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
ok unlike the rest of the people I tink that it was the girl besides if not what was that other stuff like the girl in the library well It's just me so might not of been.
bluefreak01 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
i do agree with shane because hey you were freaked about the rumors earlier so you brain probably wanted to be right. Half I can tell you were not being crazy. 😁
Sn0wAng3l (6 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-27)
Well, it felt so real. I can't put into words what it felt like. Yeah, I was probably imagining some stuff a bit but I'm pretty sure most of it was real. Thanks for the feedback though. :)

It was in Lake Avenue. I haven't even looked it up yet, lol.

Also, sorry it took me a while to respond to this.
kathia (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
In What School Was This At I Really Want to know? Is really interenting your story I hope you don't get scared next time.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
I think you did fine on your story telling. But tell me do you not think it is quite possible that your imagination got the better of you that day? I mean you were already nervous about going to this school from the stories you had heard, going into the main building gave you the creeps and then having to do so alone, good combination of things right there to get the imagination juices flowing.

But I digress, Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: