You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Experiences Of Mine

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Experiences Of Mine

 

To start off, I'm 17 years old now and have a brother and a sister who are both older than me. I never lived with my dad.

So when I was quite young we lived in a different house with a long hallway and me and my sister shared a room right at the end. I was always the first to be put to bed (I slept on the top bunk) because I was the youngest and I remember trying to sleep, on the verge of sleep and hearing the wardrobe doors banging, as if someone was pushing them back and forth a little. That wasn't much. Another time, our cat always used to sleep on my bed with me and I woke up one night and accidentally kicked him off. It was from a height so I was scared and wanted to know if he was okay. But I never heard him hit the floor or any footsteps. So I jumped down and was feeling blindly on the floor in the darkness for him. He usually likes to go under our desk so I was patting around and felt the strangest fur. It wasn't even fur it was like wooly oily matted feeling stuff. I honestly can't describe it. I was confused but didn't think much of it and petted it. But it did nothing. I woke up again in the morning and looked under the desk, there was no toy or anything soft under there. Strange.

We moved into the house I'm in now with my grandad because it was easier financially. I used to be awake at night in bed and hear the sound of mugs being softly banged against the bench. Not sure why. I also had a scary dream once where there was this girl with two heads switching the light in the tent on and off. The light was red and they were giggling and saying "I'm in your room" over and over again. I woke up and heard the line one last time, but I was fully awake. I stayed up the rest of the night until it was light outside and went back to sleep. It was a weekend.

Another night I woke on my side to the sound of someone breathing over my face extremely heavily and I thought maybe it was my brother playing tricks on me so I lifted my arm and tried to shoo him away but nothing was there and I never heard any retreating footsteps.

The most frightening thing that ever happened was when I again, woke up in the night. I was half asleep and I was really irritated because someone was scratching my back from the top of my neck all the way down to the bottom of my back. I could hear the scratches on the bottom of the mattress and somehow they were coming through and getting my skin. I turned around onto my side in hopes it would stop so I could fall asleep again but it didn't and I drifted off to sleep again within a few seconds. I woke up in the morning and was terrified when I realised what had happened. I never told anyone about it.

I used to tell it to go away because I was younger and scared of it. I think that's why it doesn't do anything any more. Not long ago actually in the winter when I used to wear hoodies and pj pants, my mum said she was in her room (our rooms are next to each other) and she saw me walking from my room and into the toilet room but she didn't hear the door close. So she went out and saw I wasn't there and that my bedroom door was still closed over and I was still in bed. She said it was wearing the same clothes and just looked like me.

Just recently I have discovered that if I'm with my cat and just patting her while she's lying down, I'll see her look up and stare at some sort of apparition that forms itself in the room and watch it move around. It happens all the time but I never see anything. It seems to be quite tall. When I was babysitting my sister's dog one time he was growling at it and it was moving very fast around my room. You could tell by the dogs head movements.

My sister has said she's been tapped on the shoulder one time while cleaning out her car and that it had also touched the spot where her appendix is not long after that it had to be taken out. That could have been an angel actually but yeah. I have also had a black feather fall down for me one time when I was really upset and in the shower. I don't know what it means.

I haven't had many exciting encounters but yeah, just wanted to share. Maybe you could give me some info on what you think some of this is.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daniellerw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
Hi Danielle, sounds like you have a lot going on in your home. I hope someone on here will read your post and give you some good advice. Has anyone else in your family had any experiences?
WFS (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Hi there. Just wanted to say I have had the exact same experience with someone breathing very heavily in my ear when I was about to fall asleep one time. There was no one in the room with me and it was clear and as loud as day. W.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: