You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Guiding Structures

Real Ghost Stories

The Guiding Structures

 

The Guiding Structures

In December 2013 we i.e myself, my husband Sameer and two year old daughter Riya, were visiting our native place, a small town near Mumbai and decided to visit our favourite restaurant on X mas Eve.

This restaurant is situated on a small hill on outskirts of the town. The road leading to the restaurant is quite confusing, especially after travelling away from the highway, with many turns and crises - crosses and is quite deserted as is surrounded by lush green fields and dense vegetation. We started out late in evening around 7.00 pm and reach the restaurant at around 8.00pm.

We were carried away in festival spirit and engrossed in special Xmas celebrations and left the restaurant around 11pm. Once we travelled away from the restaurant premises we were really scared as it was very late in night and the streets were deserted and it was very dark outside (with no street lights to guide) and it was freezing in our car. We were to take a turn at the end of the hill was would have lead us to the highway and we had mesmerized the turn on our way to the restaurant. We missed this very turn and travelled ahead. Both of us were very scared and not sure if we were travelling on right path in pitch darkness, with no one in sight to ask directions. Our daughter Riya started crying at the top of her voice and this added to our irritation and worry. All of a sudden we saw a warehouse which was brightly lit and besides that there was a small sign post which pointed to the highway, which was on other side. And this also confirm our doubts that we had lost our way around and were travelling on wrong directions.

We were so relieved that we immediately corrected our directions and speed to the highway at top speed and on reaching the highway we stopped at a small store to grab water, biscuits for our kid. We got talking with person in store and told him about our experience and how we had lost our way and managed to find right direction only due to the ware house and the sign post near it.

The person was shocked to hear our tale and told us that there was no ware house in the vicinity and was very confident of same as he has local residing in the area since his birth. However he recollected that there used to be a government warehouse at exact same location but it caught fire on one winter night about a decade ago and was burned down and the remaining structure was pulled down by local authority and now it is a barren land. This warehouse also acted as guiding point for locals and visitors in case they got lost in the hilly terrain and sign board was also put up near the warehouse to guide the people. But after the old warehouse was pulled down no new structure or sign board was ever erected and there is no such structure in the vicinity.

I was spell bound after hearing the narration and wondered as to what had we come across?

Other hauntings by Kiyana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kiyana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
Hi Kiyana, It was a nice story you had a very chilling experience. May be that very place will still be there to guide people who lost their way. Can you please tell the exact location where it was. God Bless All.
saviorocks (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-10)
I agree with you sheetal. They sometimes do help us. Though this wasn't that scary but when it happens at unearthly hours it scares the shiat out of people.
😁
Anushkasabre (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-11)
This was an amazing story. The workers there would have been very helpful unlike others.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-10)
That is an amazing story. A residual haunting of thoughtful behavior. So glad everything turned out well.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
Hi Kiyana... Very strange story... I am glad that you find the right way. Sometimes even paranormal power can help us to go in the right direction. Thanks for sharing with us... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: