You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Just A Handful Of Smaller Things

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Handful Of Smaller Things

 

After my enlightenment to this type of things I have had a lot of what I call cute, fun or interesting moments that was shared by close friends and family. At this point in life my close friends and family will roll their eyes and say something like "seriously?" when something goes bump or falls. Most are use to it and it brings a laugh to all.

I was transferred to a program center located in north central Arkansas in a small town of Oxford. Area Living Centers would bring members to this place for Day Treatments. I found a small house that wasn't that far of a drive to work just south of Oxford in the town of Melbourn. It was a simple house with the living area and kitchen going the full length of the front of the house. The back was separated with a bedroom to the back left and to the right was an utility room leading to the full bath and my bedroom leading off from the utility room.

This is actually the place that seriously got pissed off at me. But that's for another story. It all started off with just little things like waking up in the morning to find the stereo being on. I figured I had just left it on. After a while I caught on that I didn't. Different items would come up missing and show up later. (I'm the only one living there). One occasion a neighbor was standing with me in the kitchen talking when out of no where a bowl setting on the cabinet just turned half way around. Right in front of us! She freaked but did come back.

I had a good friend staying a weekend with me and he brought along his gorgeous yellow lab Buck. We were going to make an evening of smoking ribs and having a few other friends over. When they arrived Buck was excited to be in a new place and quickly ran from room to room checking every nook and cranny. As we waited on the ribs to smoke to perfection we sat outside enjoying everyone's company and a few drinks. After eating I slipped inside to clean the kitchen up a bit. As I walked in I glanced through the utility room to the bathroom and noticed something out of place. When I moved in to the house I placed a large framed mirror behind the sink fixtures with enough lean that supported the weight. This was a really LARGE framed mirror. Anyways it was sitting on the floor leaned against the sink/cabinet. This was truly strange. I went through the head tilting thing trying to figure out how in the world that would have gotten there. I called my friend in the house and showed him. He claimed to not know anything and had his head tilted. (He would not be one to move someone else's things in that manner). I had not mentioned anything to him of prior events. As we were pondering what was what Buck came up to the entry to the utility room and stated throwing a fit. He would stand there and bark backing up a little bit at a time. We tried to console him and get him to stop barking. He would not go past that opening the rest of the weekend. I even tried to offer him some of the barbeque and he wouldn't have it. There was no way that mirror could have fallen off of the sink and survive the landing. It would have been in pieces.

The following morning we enjoyed our coffee and boB (I spell it backwards all the time) suggested going to town and getting some breakfast. I told him I had plenty of options and walked to the fridge with him in tow to see what I had. I opened the fridge door only to feel something to hit me in the back of my calf. Puzzled I turned around to find a small vase setting on the floor behind me and boB standing there with BIG eyes and his jaw hanging half way down. He explained to me as I reached for the door handle the vase that was on top of the fridge just flipped up in the air over my head and landed behind me hitting my leg on the way down. Oh the look on his face was priceless!

BoB is still a good friend and spends a lot of time with us but these types of things he really does not want to talk about. I guess it's just the way he handles them. Even now if/when he's around and something happens he would rather let it pass without a notice.

There was many more "small" things that happened in this house but want to end with one that happened when I was alone. I had been in bed for some time and was in a good sleep. I am a very, very light sleeper though. I awoke at some point to the sound of someone walking around the front of the house. I could clearly hear each step as they moved across the carpeted floor. As I realized I should be reaching for my handy firearm the sound came into the utility room which I could see clearly with the moonlight shining through the windows from my bedroom. I watched as the sound did not go to the bathroom but headed down the short hall to where I was laying. However there was no one there. Geeezzz goose bumps! The sound entered the bedroom turned left and went down the end of my sleigh bed footboard. I could clearly see the wall where someone should be but there wasn't. When it reached the other side of the bed it turned and came up the other side only to stop half way up. I was absolutely WIDE EYED trying to figure out what was going on. I sat there looking at that spot where the sound stopped for at least an hour. There was no going back to sleep at this point so I got up to get the coffee going. As I headed out my bedroom, through the utility room and into the front of the house I noticed that my feet made the exact same sound as I had just heard.

This last one comes into play with "THE BIG ONE" that happened a few weeks later and is another story which I'll work on. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Wish-Not - BoB (spelled backwards) 😉 is like my friend Amy. She knows about things and won't stay over for very long. The least little sound she says "What was that?". I love to have dinner parties, and do so often, but we hold our breath when we do because we never know when something might happen (another story). Glad you weren't hurt when the vase hit your leg. I'm off to read more of your stories. 😁
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-19)
Valkricry- that's one of the reasons I love YGS! I have not thought of that possibility. But would make since. Hmmm I guess "playful" did ehat it could do at the time. Sure could have used it later on the BIG. But that's a cool thought! But definitely agree on being different ones. The last was nothing but mean and I truly believe enjoyed scaring the poop out of me. Just plain mean. Will work on getting it written up. Thanks for your input! That's what brought me here and why I'm sharing!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-19)
Wish-Not,
Between your account and things you mention in comments, I think you were dealing with more than one entity too. One being rather mischievous and playful, the other not so. I can't help but wonder, because of Buck's reaction, if that's when big Bad came around. I also think, that maybe 'Playful' tried to protect you a bit. Color me crazy, but it's the 'feeling' I get. Perhaps Big Bad, was going to smash the mirror, so Playful moved it. Big Bad tried to nail you with the vase, but Playful redirected it. Of course I can't really say that's how it went down for sure.
Looking forwards to hearing about the "the big one".
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-19)
Miracles51031- fortunately it was a small vase. But I know IF it wanted to could have bounced it off my head. That's why I think the later was something different. At that time in my life I didn't know about YGS. After the last one I found this site. And has been SO, SO MUCH HELP!
I told my life partner last night about me writing about these events. She was happy that I'm writing about them. She knows all the stories. Lol and she has to live with what "we" still live with. But she got to read what I already wrote and saw that I didn't add anything that wasn't there. She'll keep me in check lol. I was by myself the night of the "Big" but she was all I had that night. I called and text her theough the worst of it. She knew how shaken I was. She deals pretty well with the visist we have now. Pretty much lol. JUST WISH they didn't surprise me/us.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
Wish-Not - I had no idea your story was going to take a turn like that. Here I was expecting normal visits, like mine I guess 😆 But crap! Having a vase nearly knock you ontop of your head?! Ummm... Not just no, but hell no! I realize it didn't but only because whoever it was didn't intend it to.

I agree wholeheartedly with lady-glow. Buck's reaction would definitely have worried me. Sometimes situations prevent people from just packing up and moving as it appears was your case.

I'm sorry about boB 😢 Good friends are hard to come by and it's nice when they're also the kind who you can lean on during these times. Or at least share these moments with.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
lady-glow prior to the "BIG ONE" I never felt anything off or odd. No cold spots and boB didn't as well. However when I had the visitor late that night it actually scared me for the first time. Hindsight I believe this was the introduction to something different that either was new or sat back while other things played. Geeezzz I still get goose bumps remembering these last events in that house. I have NEVER been that terrified. I definitely felt something the night of the "BIG ONE". There was no confusing that point. But I'll get to that one shortly.
Since I have left that house I do "feel" things now. I have visitors from time to time and most times know they are there. Most have been nice, a few haven't. Some just take me by surprise and I over react but know they didn't intend on scaring me.
That's kind of where my screen name comes from... Wish they didn't visit or wish I didn't have the surprises.
Thanks for the comment, have been reading yours for a while. Value your input.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Wish-Not: here I am, like Shahryar waiting for Scheherazade to tell her next story! 😜

Just a couple of questions -did you ever sense anything prior/during the events you experienced in that house? Like change of temperature, your hair standing up, etc.
What about the time when Buck didn't want to enter into the utility room, did either Bob or you have an uneasy feeling?

Looking forwards for "the big one".
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
I am happy to hear that you left that house behind and that you are better now (or I at least presume).

I know hauntings have been to known to escalate in such a way and I am sorry that it happened to you.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
elnoraemily- It was most defiantly playing with me. All the time. I would step outside for only a moment and come back inside to find the freezer and fridge door standing wide open. The mirror didn't fall. It was placed there. If it had fallen forward the faucet handles would have caught it and broken from that point and continued to break as it hit the sink/cabinet and landed on the floor. I wasn't scared of it at this point. It was just a short time after the bedroom visit that the house turned really mean. I moved quickly after the "Big One". Was glad to leave that behind.

Rich73- I was new to the town and really didn't know anyone that well so I had no where to run to. That was a serious problem when it turned mean. I didn't have anywhere to go. It was February at the time so sitting outside was out of the question.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
I love your attention to detail in this account (the Bob spelled backwards made me smile).

Onto the more serious stuff:
It definitely sounds as if it's playing with you to me. I am looking forward to the "Big One".

With others seeing and experiencing it as well, it rules out a lot of coincidences. I can't think of anything earthly that makes things fall without breaking and in a deliberate fashion (that mirror and the vase sound quite deliberate in their timing and placement).

You don't seem to sound scared of it, which I applaud you for. You seem to be handling it better than your poor neighbor.

Have you tried communicating with it at all or should I just wait and see?:)

Best wishes:)
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
I think I would have been running outta that house after hearing those footsteps. You're much braver than I. I'm looking forward to your next story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: