You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Was Unintended

Real Ghost Stories

It Was Unintended

 

One of our many, many visitors showed a unique talent.

It was a warm summer weekend night as friends came to visit, eat, drink and be merry. As usual. We enjoy entertaining friends and this is something we do all the time. We all had our fill of delicious food and cleared the table for some competitive games of Pente. Fun game if no one has tried it. Anyways, we had played a couple hours when I decided to opt out the next few rounds.

I stepped out on the deck to take in the night sky and enjoy a cig. The stars were absolutely amazing. I quickly had a brilliant idea of grabbing a cushion from one of the deck chairs to use as a pillow and headed to the truck. I dropped the tailgate and hopped up in the back. I stretched out making myself comfortable as I listened to the group inside continue with their fun.

I lay there studying the stars, listening the sounds of an Arkansas night hoping for a chance of a shooting star. Occasionally the group inside would erupt with laughs and cheers. I felt blessed and counted that moment as one of the many in my life. I had been there about 20 minutes when suddenly... RIGHT NEXT TO ME,...a voice started talking to me with the voice of Jennifer. I absolutely FREAKED OUT! It scared me so much I almost $h*t my pants. As I jumped over the side of the truck (not taking the time to go out the end), I look for whoever was IN the truck with me. There was NOBODY! I ran to the deck, up the stairs and in the back door in lighting speed. And all that was done without thought.

As I entered the house I tried to get a grip on what had happened. I did not want to freak everyone out so I "tried" to play it cool. However, with one look everyone knew something was up. They said, "You're white as a ghost." No pun intended. That's what they said. So I told a few of them what happened. I remained inside for awhile but felt the need to go back out. I know, why would I do that? I really don't know but I knew I wasn't going by myself. I grabbed a neighbor friend and we went out on the deck. We stood for a while discussing what had happened when everyone came on out to join us.

I was still pretty shook up as I listened to the few conversations that were taking place. I took a seat in a chair WITHOUT a cushion because I was NOT going to the truck and get the one I took. Well Sophie, our dog, hopped up in my lap as I talked with Jennifer and a few others. Suddenly Sophie starts freaking out and starts barking at the wall behind me. She has never done this before or since. Everyone was staring at her and the wall and back to me. All of sudden I started feeling an obvious cold, cold spot just above my left shoulder. Everyone said my eyes got really big. My left side of my head, ear and back of my head could feel the cold. This was a warm Arkansas night. We don't have cold spots.

I tried what I could to calm Sophie down but she wasn't going to have it. I gave her up to Jennifer to put in the house as we all lined up to stare at the wall where I WAS SEATED. Yep, I moved. So, there we all were staring at a wall with someone reaching into the "cold zone" from time to time until it faded away.

If I remember correctly, everyone there was use to that type of things happening around our place. However, not exactly like this one.

Hindsight, I really don't think it was trying to scare me. It was the SURPRISE factor that got me. And why would you think it mimicked Jennifer's voice? I never gave it a chance to hear what it wanted to say either. I wonder what it would have said. I'm just not used to having something talk to me like that. I wish I handled it differently but I do most of the time. I look back over the past years and think, I could have done better with that. Oh well.

As always, I appreciate your time reading and commenting.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Spockie- The thing is it just wasn't in "the area" of me. It was only inches from my right ear when it spoke so it really, REALLY startled me.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Spockie- Sadly, I never gave it a chance. As soon as it started speaking I totally FREAKED and was on the MOVE.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I'm just curious. Would you mind telling us what the voice said to you?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Val- With all the visitors I've had this is the first that actually spoke to me. Now that one in "The Big One" made a whole lot of LOUD noises, it was the opposite of a communicating voice.

I also think it choose Jennifer's voice to lessen the fear factor. I think it had to much confidence in me. Which I do really feel bad. It really didn't mean to scare me.

Sigh, oh well. Maybe different next time?
Thanks for reading and your kind words Val. Always appreciated.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Hmmm...well that certainly goes into the WTH file. Perhaps the voice you heard just sounded similar to Jennifer's? Or perhaps it 'thought' familiar voice less of a fear factor? Obviously it was wrong 😆.
Seriously though, I can totally understand it freaking you out. I've had years of experiences with disembodied voices, and they can still make me jump a mile.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Shady- It never felt threating. It just scared "SURPRISE" me. Trust me I know when one of these is mean. If you have time read my story "The Big One". That one had bad intentions. In addition, I have had one other "bad" experience but have not written about that one, yet.
Thanks for reading and commenting. Always appreciate your time.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Eh, maybe if you think about it enough it will come back and try to communicate... Or not. It might also be a blessing in disguise.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Hello! I agree to what Elnoraemily said. Also, I've heard that animals behave like mentioned in the story only when they sense something evil, or something with bad intentions or the like. They don't react like that to something friendly. I'm not sure about this, I can be wrong. Friendly or not, it is clear that it wanted your attention. Thank you.
-Shady.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
elnora- We really get into Pente. Especially with four players. Takes it to another level. Anyways...

Ifihadyoux- It did not try to talk to me again. I guess it realized I wasn't ready to handle something like that. OBVIOUSLY. Which I feel bad for now. I really think it just wanted to communicate something. Sigh, I think it gave up on me. I don't know how to. Not sure if I want to. I'm personally struggling on crossing that bridge or even how to.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Interesting experience. I can guarentee you my reaction would've been exactly as yours... Recently I was starting to get easily scared. Anyway thanks for the interesting story.

Regards
Spookie1
😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Hmmm interesting. I agree with Elnora that it probably did that to get your attention. Did it ever do anything like that again?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Aw, I have not played Pente in years. I feel the need to now. I have also done that exact same thing in the back of my truck:P It's surprisingly comfy...

Anyhow.

I think it mimicked your friend's voice because it thought you would listen. It seemed to really want specifically your attention. I like that you also made sure to include that it was not voices carrying- that you could hear them when it got loud and the sound was different. Solves having to ask that question:P

I definitely think that fact that your dog noticed it as well shows that something was indeed happening.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: