You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Girl From The River

Real Ghost Stories

Girl From The River

 

It was on summer of 2012 good time for walking or biking in Japan, because at winter you can't just get out of the house especially when the snow is thick at around 5 meter on our place. I'm working on a construction company not so far from my apartment. If you will drive it, its around 5 to 7 minutes but because it was summer I'm using my mountain bike that will take about 20 to 30 minutes from work until my place. I always take the road where most people use, less danger and I can see clearly the road.

Mostly when going home I'm with my co worker Kenji because his girlfriend was residing next building near to my apartment. One time when I'm with him he suggested to take a shortcut and use the route that will cross the river of Kaminokawa. Not much light there because the light post was not quite near to each other, but there's a part of it that will take around 5 minutes that only the moonlight is your guide for you to see your path. From 30 minutes biking it reduces to 20 minutes because of that shortcut.

One time Kenji got sick and take a leave for 2 weeks. Its because I'm not with him that's why I use the normal road again. But suddenly my girlfriend from Tokyo message me that she will be staying on my apartment for a week which means for a week I have to hurry home so I can see how she's doing. So I sacrifice for a week using the easy way.

On the second day of using the shortcut, I saw a person, dressed in all white, has a long hair around until her waist and she's facing the river, she's sitting on a bench with a light post near to the dark spot of the road. Because I'm in a hurry I don't really give much attention on her. The next day I saw her again around 8 pm, this time she's standing on the railings of the river that's why I can't help but to think what is this girl doing here alone. I don't know her and really Japan has a low crime rate that's why I'm comfortable that she's safe and decided not to go near her. On the third day I didn't see her anymore on the bench instead I somehow see her on the middle of the dark spot of the road standing on the railings and facing the river. Because its dark there that's why I decided to come to ask her what shes doing there and also to warn her. Around 10 meters away I shout to her "konbanwa" which means hello at night time. It seems she didn't hear me so I came nearer but around 2 meters away I notice she is not on the road side of the railings she's on the other side that's why I can't help to look where is she standing. When I have a clear look I saw she was not standing on anything she's floating on the river and her hair is moving even though there is not much wind at that time.

At that point my whole body including the hair from my wrist to the back of my neck and my head all stood. I quickly turn back without knowing what is happening. My body is automatically responding to what I'm visualising at that moment. I can't get focus on pedalling my bike that's why I decided to push it while running. While running I take a glimpse on her and saw her, she is beginning to turn around on me. It was so dark and the next light post was around 40 meters aways I run as far as I can without taking a glimpse thinking she's near my back. The light post got near but it seems to me its still a hundred miles away. Safely I saw a car coming to me his light erased the darkness of the road and I didn't see the girl anymore. I told it to Kenji and we decided not to take that road ever again. Lately we figured that spot is where a girl around 17 years of age was hit and runned by a car.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, no2riousx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-20)
(a person, dressed in all white, has a long hair around until her waist and she's facing the river) That's a classic spirit haunting in almost every country, they all have long hair. Hmm wonder if any ghosts have short hair?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
it's true, maybe I have lol. Or maybe I look like that to people 😆
no2riousx (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
[at] notjustme
Hahaha...well who knows maybe you already seen something like this you just didn't know 😲 😁 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
oh gees this is scary. After reading so many of "girl in white with long hair" - I think if I ever saw one like that in the middle of nowhere I would pray and run. Thanks for sharing. Got some goosebumps out of it hehe 😭
no2riousx (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
that truth is I don't really believe that the girl that died there was the one that I saw. I think its an evil spirit who is trying to portray the girl.
Hadeed (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
The poor girl might not have been trying to attack / harm or cause you any physical pain. It was probably just trying to attract your attention.
no2riousx (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
makulit sis we've be happy if you share your paranormal experience too...
makulit (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
hey there no2riousx!...ive actually read/watched/heard a story similar to this one before and I was like,"oh ok"...but when I read yours, i was,"really?!"... Because I have no idea that you, of all people ever experience such things. Anyway good thing you got away from that girl... Nice story though,bro!.im actually thinking about writing my own and publishing it soon haha...
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Thank you no2riousx, your story was very good and I don't blame you for not taking that way again.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Hi no2riousx thanks for your reply... It's good that you didn't investigate further... If I was at your I must have done the same thing...

Regards, 😁
no2riousx (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
if she will come near me maybe I will not to be able to move anymore because I really don't feel I'm moving... I blame my self for having a low faith to god... I think it over why didn't I call out first to god...
TheKissOfDawnHuddy (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
Great (scary) story. Thanks. I wonder what would have happened if she came really close to you - maybe a conversation - konbanwa
no2riousx (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
hi,sheetal...thanks for reading my story. Sorry but from the day we know that there's was an accident on that place, we stop pursuing more information in order not to be attach by that spirit. Thou we really pity that young girl. I hope she finds peace.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
Hi, no2riousx I have read most of the Japanese ghost folklore story they are simply awesome. Coming to your story... It is really a creepiest one... It's sad that poor girl died such a young age. Is she still seen by people?
Thanks for sharing... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: