You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My House Seems Like A Mecca For Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My House Seems Like A Mecca For Ghosts

 

We moved to Texas in 2003, we chose a 1950's ranch style house that had a completed 2nd storey addition. It didn't take long before odd things were happening.

First time I had an encounter with something was when I was 16. I was in the kitchen in the middle of the night to get a drink, and out of habit I looked into the living room. Standing there was a woman in a white nightgown looking straight at me. I froze with fear and she disappeared. At first I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but decided against testing the theory and going downstairs after 12 am.

The second time, we had an alarm system installed that beeps when a door is opened then tells you what door opens. Everything was fine for about two weeks then you would hear beep beep beep front door, the door in question would be shut. This happened every day when we sat down for dinner and again thirty minutes later. My parents immediately had the company come out because they thought it was a malfunction. They replaced the unit even though they said it was fine and the wiring checked out. That night it happened again and we all froze. We decided to name him Fred.

From there things picked up, There is an office next to my room upstairs and nobody is in it at night when I would hear someone walking up the steps down the hallway and then thudding in the office. When I went to check it out nobody was in there. I told my dad and he installed a motion activated web cam on his office computer to see if it was just my sister picking on me. The next weekend my dad called me into the office because he was looking through the footage and the camera would go off but nobody was in there as we were reviewing the film the lights in that room started turning off and on. I felt something tap me on the shoulder and turned around to nothing there.

I have tons more encounters and will write more when I have the more time too.

Other hauntings by askme75080

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, askme75080, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

askme75080 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-24)
The lady seems to appear then just vanish. Never has tried to mess with anything. My five year old nephew is the one who determined the name fred, as he says he looks like an older man. (freaked us out)
I have another story that would explain why we know its a child ghost. And the not so nice ghost is very much something different entirely. 😐 😨
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
The names are fun. You guys have had a lot of time with this haven't you. I'd love to hear the story about the other encounters. Maybe with a number of entities like that you could just ask them to boot out the negetive one you described upstairs. Somebody posted something like that once. The guy with the haunted car.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Very interesting. My husband had a ghost like that who would turn lights on and off randomly or shut a door when no wind was blowing and no one was near. The family called him Harvey.
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Hi askme75080. Hope you're doing well.

I have some questions though. How did you know that you have 5 spirits/ghosts? How did you know that a male messes with the alarm? And How did you know that there's a child ghost as well? Hahaha. Sorry for the questions. Just curious. 😁

Keep safe.
askme75080 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
There are actually 5 ghosts.
The female one only appears in the living room in night clothes, fred who messes with the alarm system, one in the bathroom, a child ghost and a more evil spirit upstairs. 😕
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
askme75080- Are you still living in this house? If so I would encourage to keep a journal of the activities. I have been doing so for several years at our current location. We have learned that there are certain times of the year "they" are more active than others. It also help to debunk certain occasions.

Look forward to reading more of your stories. Thanks for sharing.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
You saw a female apparition, but named the house ghost Fred? Was there a second, male entity that caused your family to choose the name Fred? I can't help but wonder if the activity picked up after the naming because the female was annoyed by being given a male name. If someone called me Fred, or any other masculine name, I'd be pretty irritated lol.
It sounds like an interesting house though, and I look forward to reading anything else you share.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: