You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Older I Get The Worse Things Seem To Be

Real Ghost Stories

The Older I Get The Worse Things Seem To Be

 

I recently submitted a story and had gotten lots of comments on it so thought I would share what's happened after my D. It may be helpful to read my first story to some.

So after D had kicked me out of his house I met a man we will call M. We were together about two years before I realized he made a better friend than boyfriend. He felt the same way and we actually became room mates and lived together in a studio apartment. Since I wasn't working I would get up early every morning and make him lunch and clean the apartment. Our bathroom mirror was just high enough that I would have to stand on my tippy toes to do my make up so I got in the habit of using a built in mirror in the kitchen.

One morning M had left for work and I was doing my make up. When all of a sudden I heard the front door unlock open and then slam shut. Then I heard M's work bag hit the floor where he always tossed it down. I called out what are you doing home? No answer, so I walked around the corner feeling irritated he was ignoring me. No one was there and the front door was still locked. Needless to say I grabbed my keys and smokes and ran to my Mom's. We lived in a three story apartment building. I was on the third floor and she was on the second.

A couple of days later I was doing dishes quietly humming to myself when I heard a mans voice say HEY. It came from right behind me causing me to nearly jump out of my skin. When I whirled around and saw no one there I wanted to curl up and cry.

After a while I met a girl that we will call K. We started dating and fell in love and I eventually moved in with her. It was a rough spot in my life because as happy as I was with K., my mom was having a hard time with me coming out. Not to mention it was kind of like finding myself all over again. Anyways...

The first apartment we lived in together was a small one bedroom/one bathroom place. We couldn't know that in a few short months her nephew would come to live with us as well. So the three of us were kind of crowded and that's when things began happening again. I would hear whispering like lots of voices. People in the kitchen, my dog chased imaginary things, the cat would lay low to the ground ears back and growling. The kid would talk to someone who wasn't there. Then get upset if you asked him about it. Probably all things that could be explained if you really think about it.

The three of us finally moved into a two bed/two bath townhouse. At first things were great. But only after a month or so I started to become depressed and angry all the time. I was constantly yelling at someone, or something usually the dog. My g/f actually got to the point she considered leaving me. We are the couple who makes our friends sick we are so happy together. So for her to think of leaving you know things were bad.

One day I was upstairs cleaning the bathroom. The way the apartment is set up, the bathroom mirror looks into the kid's room. I swear I saw a ghost walk out of his room and run down the stairs. I thought to myself okay that did not just happen. A few weeks later the same exact thing happened again. Freaked out a little bit but it didn't bother me.

Around this time the kid asked me why I was stomping in his room at night. I told him I didn't and he goes yes you did I saw you. My g/f and I looked at each other like what. He has become more angry since moving in here too. The littlest things set him off.

I see things all the time out of the corner of my eye. I watch animals walk through the dining room into the kitchen. I have three cats and I know what they look like. Unless they're changing size and colors when I'm not looking it seems I have a ghost cat or two.

I hear someone walking around upstairs all the time. The building is old and the floors creak really bad up there. It's great when I'm home alone and I can hear it. I can actually follow the sounds with my eyes if that makes sense. Do I go up there to see what's going on? Uh no thanks I'm good with staying in the dining room listening lol.

One last thing and I will be done for now. I know it's long so thanks for being patient. I don't go upstairs if I'm home alone. I get scared to death feeling and almost have panic attacks. Also when you open our front door the steps are right there as you walk in. I smoke so I come in and out of the front door a lot. I won't look up the stairs to save my life. I'm not sure why but if I do by accident I want to scream and cry I get so scared feeling.

I'm not sure if the stairs are related to an event that happened to me when I was younger. I'm just learning to talk about it and suffer PTSD from it. Or if something is really going on here. But I will keep you all posted!

Other hauntings by hersweetestdesire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hersweetestdesire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
It sounds like you may be like me and just attract spirits. If that is the case it will happen wherever you move to. At least it has in my case. It's like a moth being attracted to the light, only the moths are spirits and you are the light. Also children around the age of puberty or small children, are more apt to see spirits. Don't be afraid of it if this is the case. Learn to be observant and just let them be. Know that what they are usually doing is just wanting your attention. They want you to know they are there. Once they realize you know they are there, usually things quieten down. Good luck. If you are a magnet like me, just consider it a strange gift. Tell them in a firm voice to quit and leave you alone. This helps me. Also stress does seem to make you more vulnerable to their presence.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
This reminds me of Season 5 Episode 9 'The Real Ghostbusters', when Sam and Dean went to the Supernatural convention. When you go into character, you have to go all the way in, because true fans know that Sam wouldn't expose himself as a hunter or tell info about burning bones in graveyards in public, come on guy.

JS aka Brandon
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
shellzy - 😆 you just proved my, "And that might be the nicest thing that happens." 😆

That would be on my Bucket List too 😉
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Samwinchesterhunter

Mate, if I was deceased and you ever dug up my bones, poured salt on them and set them on fire, I would make it my personal ghostly business to come back and haunt your butt BIG TIME... Just sayin...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Samwinchester - you are taking your "character" name way too seriously, dude. I'm pretty sure if anyone is found digging up bones in a cemetery, and then setting them on fire, more than likely they're going to get arrested. And that might be the nicest thing that happens.

I'd be careful of passing that piece of advice around, okay? I think I've mentioned before that I'm also a fan of "Supernatural," but I seriously don't think Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles would approve of what you are doing.

This comment from Samwinchesterhunter is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
I would agree with doing a smudging and Rook has a very good one for you to follow he posted. I am curious to know I know you said the last few places have had activity but is it everywhere you move to. I ask because the first thing that I thought of is the possibility of a spirit attaching itself to you.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
"Ps. Salt water baths help too."

Excepts when it turns you into a zombie.:P

Can you tell us in detail what the animals were doing? Do you know where they were in the house, what they were looking at, the tone of the voices? Every little bit of their mannerisms can help decide what's going on... Animals are very receptive to the spiritual. It's always been a personal belief of mine... Watch the animals, follow the animals. They're closer in tune to the natural way of things, and therefore smarter than us when it comes to survival and the unknown.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
I am an investigator and I live in washington, I could check it out if you want.

Some things that help cut down manifestation are putting bowls of sea salt and white vinegar in the upstairs areas. Also Smudging the place with sage every few days can be helpful. Prayers of protection and cleansing are very good. Some helpful ones are saying out loud psalm 91 and 71 from the King James Bible, or the St. Michael prayer.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
By the Divine Power of God -
Cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
Who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Some people have problems with religious solutions, but it is important to keep in mind it is not so much what the prayer says, but the energy it invokes that is behind the prayer that gives it power.

Feel free to PM me if you want more help.

Ps. Salt water baths help too.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
It seems stress may be a trigger for quite a majority of these events. That and your S/O's nephew... Depending on age... May be contributing to any haunting that may be happening with 'Poltergeist' activity.

Please try this, while it's difficult to determine just what is going on this method may help.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: