You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghosts Seem To Follow Me Anywhere I Go

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Seem To Follow Me Anywhere I Go

 

This "story" is not going to be about a specific one time, in fact it isn't about a specific location. I'm going to cover my experiences in my parent's old house and some experiences in my grandmother's current home, as well as other locations.

I'll start with my parent's old home, since it is the one I remember most and was my first ghost experience. The home was older, and the basement was more of a small apartment, a living room, bathroom, kitchen, etc. When me and my cousin were down there playing (we had to have been about 8-9 years old) there was a small wooden door that ONLY had a handle from the outside, which lead to underneath our porch. We were busy playing dolls or something of the sort when we heard the door slowly creak open, we didn't think much of it, until we turned around. From the crack in the door was a ghostly face staring back at us. Even if it was someone in there to "scare us" there is no way they could have opened the door from the inside.

Fast forward a few years later, my parents moved my bedroom up into the fully finished attic, only I refused to sleep up there. My closet door would constantly open during the middle of the night, and I would hear footsteps on the floor boards. Our cat would sit on my bed and stare at nothing in the corner. It got so bad that I actually made my "bedroom" in our living room and refused to go up there besides during the day to get clothes. The one day when I was home alone, I could have sworn someone was coming down the stairs that I actually put a chair up against the handle until my father came home and checked up there to make sure no one was up there. A few years back (I'm now 22) my parents sold the home to my cousins who have two younger children, one 11 and one 4.

My little cousin would sit up in the attic and talk to two small children who "lived in the walls" and played with him a lot. When I sometimes baby sit them I will sit in the living room with all of the lights on and keep their big German Shepherds next to me at all times. I don't feel comfortable moving throughout the home, I always feel as though I am being watched.

I'm sure there is also other little instances that I just can't seem to recall, or I blocked out of my memory on purpose.

Now onto my grandmothers home, which has been haunted since as long as my own mother can remember. Her upstairs gives you uneasy feelings, and you always feel as though you're being watched. I can recall seeing head indents on pillows, and smelling woman's perfume, or cigarettes. All of my little cousins have had an imaginary friend named "Bobby" who lived in the basement, and would constantly scare them when he looked at them. I don't believe in that being a coincidence.

Now, I'll get into my parents new home which has had strange happenings in it. It's fairly new (built in 1989) and no one has died in it to my knowledge. There was only one previous owner since us. I've had my radio turn on in the middle of the night, light bulbs turn on and "explode" essentially with smoke coming out of them. I have seen people sitting on my stairs, and once even heard a man yell up the stairs "COME HERE!" when I was the only one home in the house. My dogs even stare and growl at invisible things, more than not it's always in front of my bedroom door. My parents don't report anything strange, it's usually only me.

Last but not least, my boyfriend's home. He has lived there for about 6 years, by himself for the better part of that time. He has never reported anything strange, no sounds or sights, etc. One night when he was working on-call, I was laying on his couch (home alone) when I heard a man from the door way of the living room ask me what I was doing and when I was going to bed. Not thinking that he was not home I answered the man, after which I proceeded to hear the bathroom door shut and the toilet lid slam. It was then that I realized I was home alone, and I sat outside with my dogs until he returned home from work.

I'm sorry for the length and I know this is not so much a "story" as me just blurting out moments from my memory in no particular order. I'm starting to think that I'm just a magnet for spirits, if that is even possible. Any and all (helpful) input will be greatly appreciated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ahmanduuuh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
Very interesting! I had a very similar house, it would seem, when I was younger, too.

It appears very possible that you are a "magnet" to ghosts. My fiance is very much the same. She equates it to her great grandmother being an aboriginal 'witchdoctor' (that was actually her profession).

Maybe you have relatives that are more 'in tuned' to spiritual natures as well? Have you ever asked any of them?
ahmanduuuh (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Hello everyone,
Sorry for the delay in feedback!
Spiritwaiting to answer your question... Yes I usually feel almost an "electrical" feel, my hairs stand on end and it just feels charged with this weird feeling of being watched. And it's usually right before hearing/seeing/smelling something. As for Griff84, you may be right! The other day we cleaned the upstairs bedrooms out at my boyfriends for our cats to hang out in, so they aren't bothered by the dogs... And we have motion activated lights. Well in the morning, I went up there to feed them breakfast, and the door was shut (I figured the wind blew it shut, we kept the windows open over night)... But the light was on when I walked through the door, and it was in a place where the door would NOT have triggered it to go off... It's just an all around creepy upstairs, even my boyfriend who doesn't believe in ghosts said he gets weird vibes up there.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
ahmanduuuh, From what you have written down as your experiences, it seems you are very sensitive. You can hear,see,and smell the different smells they put out. Do you usually feel the air, or vibe change before or during these experiences? The reason I ask is because you could very well be a medium.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
Hi ahmanduuuh, welcome to YGS.

The first thing I thought after reading your experiences is that they are all very similar. Could it be the same 'spirit' in different locations?

It seems very common for animals and children to see and hear things us 'grown-ups' cannot, but it does seem that you can see and hear things too. I would always say trust your instincts and always go with your gut feeling.

I enjoyed reading your experiences, I hope someone else can help shed some light on them more than I can 😊
spete1959 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Hello... My thoughts are that we share the same world along with the spirits from both good and bad. From what I have read that you are not in arms way of the bad ones. I too believe that some people are more susceptible than others are to see, hear and feel them just as I am to them. These forces are not to recon with and must not be acknowledged even if you feel that you are not threatened by them. The dark side is full of manipulation and deceit so it is better to play things safe and just ignore them and continue as normal as possible. In my experience if you do acknowledge them that they are sure to follow since that allows them or it to continue on from this world that they once have lived in as you are now. God has gave us such a great gift of life here so enjoy it to the fullest. I am new here and have shared my not so pleasant experiences and talking with others seem to let me know that I am not crazy and if you should have any questions feel free to ask at any time. 😊
lanapoll96 (6 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Hi! Thanks for sharing your experiences, they were so interesting to read. I'm no expert, not by a long shot, but it seems like either a really huge coincidence that no matter where you go, things happen, or that you're just very open to noticing things like this (some people are more susceptible than others). Either way, I can relate to an extent. Things happen to me in my own home where I've lived all my life, and I also have regular experiences at my girlfriend's house AND whenever I visit a famous haunted house in York. All these places have separate haunted accounts without me being there, but whenever I visit, I experience things too. I believe I'm easily influenced by their presence, as are you, most likely. Again, a great read. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: