You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Things I Can't Seem To Explain 2 -it Hasn't Stopped

Real Ghost Stories

Things I Can't Seem To Explain 2 -it Hasn't Stopped

 

It has officially been 12 years since I posted last. Since then I have moved a handful of times, 4 additional cities, and even became a mother... And like the title says, it hasn't stopped.

The last 4 years have probably been the most active. I became a single mother of a 1 year old and moved in to a newer 2 story house with a room mate and her 6 year old son, and my dog. We spent a lot of time together as a "family" supporting each other through some life changes. Our home had 4 bedrooms upstairs, and the "living"/common spaces downstairs.

Our experiences always happened when all of us would be downstairs. At first we wrote it off as possible raccoons or something making noise- but it kept getting louder. It started with hearing noises like something inside of the wall. Since we had just moved in, we contacted the landlord to check for rodents but were met with negative results. Other times we would all be downstairs (even the dog) and hear running back and forth in the hallway upstairs. Probably the most disturbing instance was when it sounded as if someone jumped off the top bunk of my friend's son's bed, landed hard, ran out of the room, then began running down the stairs. All of us- both my room mate and myself, both of our sons, and my dog all stopped what we were doing and just stared towards where the stairs ended in the next room waiting for something to show... Nothing ever did. After about 10 months my roommate couldn't handle it any longer and moved out... Things actually calmed down after that.

A year later I moved across town and everything seemed quiet. I started having some strange experiences a few months after the move. I have been woken up from a dead sleep because I've felt someone touch my face or back. Once I woke up because it felt as if someone was directly next to my ear making almost an eating noise.

My son can not sleep through the night in his own room. He will fall asleep there and come in to my room part way through the night. He tells me that people are too loud when they're talking and it keeps him up. At first I thought perhaps it was the neighbors, but we live in a very quiet cul de sac. He's not scared, he just can't sleep. He has started to draw our old house and it always has the stairs integrated in to the picture. He said it's so people can still visit since our new home doesn't have stairs.

We have been in this home for almost 2 years and I've had to replace countless lightbulbs, experienced the tv turning on in different rooms or the channel changing. My niece (22) has come to visit and she says that she's heard things during the night that sounded as if things were moving or jingling. A few weeks ago she visited for the weekend. She said that each morning when she woke up her rings would be scattered all over the night stand like someone had played with them.

I don't feel as if we are in danger. Previously I was always scared of the experiences. The ones in the last 2 years were more an "inconvenience" with the lack of sleeping in or through the night. My niece wants to sage the house and do a cleansing... I don't know how I feel about that right now. I don't want to anger or heighten anything. Does anyone have experience with saging or blessing? Is there a chance it could be done wrong and make things worse? Thanks in advance!

Other hauntings by lookin4answers

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lookin4answers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-16)
I think cleansing your home or a room is all about your intentions, and it can be based on your personal beliefs. I have used oil over my doors and windows on two separate occasions in our apartment. I'm a Christian so I prayed over the oil first then prayed out loud while I placed the oil on my doors and windows.

As far as things getting worse... I guess it depends on what is there and how strong of an attachment it has. In my experience, I had to use the oil on two separate occasions and I had to walk through our home praying pretty regularly over the course of a couple of months.
Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-21)
I might try "laying down the law" so to speak like another poster suggested. I have had some experiences where I have just said, "nope, I am not able to deal with you right now." In fact, that's how I got the talking that used to happen to me to stop. At night time I had to say "go away. I'm not listening to you right now." Usually no one tries to talk to me anymore, but it happens on occasion. I have written about my voices and I have another story to add about the voices that have happened since then. I just haven't been in author mode. Maybe just say what you want to happen, like "no more scaring me, no scaring my children. Do not touch us." Good luck and keep us posted.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-16)
I have never saged or cleansed a home, so I have no advice to offer. You apparently have no fear or stress over these incidents. Maybe letting "sleeping dogs lie" would not be a bad idea. Cleansing a home is still the decision of the homeowners - put some thought into it.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-13)
Since you don't seem to feel threatened by the events, why not try the most low key remedy first: house rules. Before the household goes to bed, stand in each room where there is activity and verbally lay down the law (ex: I understand you are here and we can coexist so long as you understand this is my home now and follow the rules. First, no keeping my son up at night. Second, no messing with me while I sleep. Third, leave my niece alone... Thank you). In my experience, they take reminding now and then but it does help keep a lid on things so to speak. If activity pipes up, lay down the law again. Believe in yourself and your dominion over your own home and surroundings.

If it isn't against your beliefs, bring out any photos of late loved ones or religious items and place them in the rooms with the most activity asking for their respective protection over those in the space.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Greetings, lookin4answers, and welcome back.

My first question is with regard to the lacquered jewelry box: Do you still have it?

My second question is predicated upon the idea that you no longer have the jewelry box: Why do you believe the phenomena to be related to the first narrative you submitted over a decade ago? You describe some of the events as "some strange experiences," indicating that they are not the type of experiences to which you've become accustomed.

Is it possible that you have run into a different set of phenomena in your new home, but because they're happening to you, you've presumed that they are connected to earlier events? If we look at the evidence objectively, the only connection between the experiences of your past and the experiences of your present is that they happened to you.

I'd suggest that you are a much more open to the spiritual side of human existence than you know. People are sometimes frightened by their experiences, so they try to ignore that part of their brains. Repressed psychic abilities tend to manifest in various ways, including becoming like a beacon to spiritual entities. I'm concerned that this is the case, but that the spirits are now bothering your son, also.

If you feel that my guess is in error, please let me know *why,* as it will narrow down potential advice and solutions from other contributors to YGS.

Best,
Biblio.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Hello Looking4answers,

My well- wishes!

I can imagine the trouble you've been through for all these time changing residents and different stuffs is a lot of pain. I've been there.
If these incidents are happening even after moving to different houses can you possibly recall any reason for this to have continued for so long, 12 years is a big deal honestly.

I'm honestly quite disturbed by this sentence and desire your safety.

"It felt as if someone is directly near my ear making an eating noise"

I preferably say, if it's bothering you much then you should perform a cleansing ritual. I'll say consult with a psychic well experienced in such cases or a priest if you follow any religion, it might provide you a little more insight on this matter and might help you to figure out which type of ritual will suit you best. A complete cleansing following the methods properly helps in the removal of these malevolent spirits without heightening anything.

It's something I believe.

But I'll say I'm not a person experienced in cleansing so I'll advice you to wait for the response of other fellow posters who I know can offer you much more insight than I could. I, myself am interested in this topic as well as to how others perceive it.

Till then, take care

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: