You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps Were The Creepiest Part

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps Were The Creepiest Part

 

I'll try not to jumble this up too much but this happened over about a two week period and I'm kicking myself for not writing it down.

I've had minor things happening in my home for the past couple of years, since my grandson came out from Florida. Seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye many times, a full body shadow apparition, things being misplaced, knocked over, falling off the wall, thumps, bumps, the feeling of being touched, the dog and cat acting weird, etc. The best was when I saw my mom. (My first story) The rest I looked for and thought of reasonable explanations and when I couldn't find any, just said, "meh, what're you going to do". This particular set of incidents started happening in the early fall of last year.

I was watching TV. One day and got up to get some water. As soon as I stood up, I looked towards the dining room and there in front of me was a full body shadow of a person. It turned and as quickly as I saw it, it was gone. I ran around the other side to see if anything was there and nothing. A "meh" moment. A couple of days later I came home from grocery shopping and went to put something away in the bathroom. My friend / neighbour Sharon had come over and followed me down the hallway and she says, "Where did those come from?". I looked at the floor and there were about four sets of dirty footprints on my clean tile floor, starting in the middle of the hallway and veering off to the right towards the master bedroom and they abruptly stopped. They were perfectly clear and dirty, small footprints that were probably about a size 5 going in one direction, my bedroom. I have short platypus feet so not mine and Sharon's didn't fit either. She rent's a home on our property about 50 yards away and watches our place like it was her own. No one gets on the property without her knowing about it. I asked if anyone had come over and she said no, another "meh" moment, albeit a scratch yer head "meh", moment. (Sharon's dealing with her own ghosties so has some of the same "moments".)

The next night I went to bed about 1:00 a.m., I'm a night owl, and I turned the light out after some reading and a crossword puzzle and hit the pillow. I'm a light sleeper and it takes me awhile to get to sleep and after doing my usual routine of first one side, then the other, then on my back, then my side and I hear a noise in the hall that sounded like someone had dropped a marble and it bounced rapidly across the floor. I thought, "What was that?". "meh". It happened again. So I thought that Tucker, the cat was playing with something. I sat up in bed, looked towards the hallway and Tucker was asleep on my bed. (I know, how could he be in my bed and I don't know it. You know how cats are silent predatory critters and he preds on me!) Anyways, he was on my left side and Rosie my dog was down by my feet. So I laid back down and close my eyes.

Let me explain the hallway layout. Its L shaped, and the short part, about 9 feet long and tiled, leads into the master bedroom and the bedroom is wood flooring. I'm still wide awake but have closed my eyes in my desperate attempt to sleep and have settled on my right side when I hear very distinctly, semi-heavy footsteps starting on the wood floor of my bedroom. Who/whatever walks right up to where my head is and stands there for a few VERY long seconds. At this point, I'm facing away from who or whatever has entered my domain with my eyes closed. You could not have pried them open with a crow bar! The only thing running through my head is, "goawaygoawaygoawaygoawaygoaway GO AWAAAAY! Who/whatever then turns around and walks back and stops at the tiled part of the floor. I didn't hear them come up the hallway on the tiled part of the floor and I didn't hear them leave on the tiled part of the floor and neither Tucker nor Rosie budged the whole time.

The next morning I called Mr. Babygoatpuller at work to ask if he had heard anything the night before. (He leaves earlier for work than I'm willing to get up for to converse with anyone) He said he hadn't but that when he woke up in the morning, he went into the kitchen and went to turn the light on and as he reached for the light switch, he heard it flip and the light came on. He left so fast he didn't take time to grab his jacket.

Not so much a "meh" moment.

Other hauntings by babygoatpuller

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, babygoatpuller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-23)
Thank you all for commenting and please be assured that I like to feel that I am most on top of things around here. Kind of like a "mama bear". Don't know if that has anything to do with it but in my home... I AM IN CONTROL. Stop. Period. Eom.

Miracles... You have been a GREAT asset and inspiration to me in this whole YGS experience, as well as Martin. I do keep a journal but I do not keep it up-to-date. Recently, I've been having a "flare-up" so to speak, (lots of shadows coming out again, dog acting weird, (but she's a doxie so..., hubby had the light switch thing again and I don't know if I correlate the two but have been having the weirdest dreams ever!

) I do so appreciate your comments and can only say... I also don't think these kind of stories are worth my time but have found that some of them are the BEST!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-19)
babygoatpuller - I had to laugh when I got to the part where the footsteps entered your room. Not because it was funny. Good grief, no! But because it brought back a memory and I knew exactly how you felt. For whatever insane reason, it sparked that ridiculous emotion of you either laugh or cry. I chose laughter 😆 😉

I can't remember whether or not you keep a journal, but if you don't I strongly encourage it. Thanks for sharing this with us. I hate saying I enjoy reading things like this, but I did 😕
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
Wishing well to all in the Babygoatpuller family. How wierd with the noise at night! I think you handeled it very game, hope the spirits get tired and move on.
MidnightPhantom (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
Scary enough for me and you were so brave to face this. Keep safe always.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
Thanks Argette. I suppose I've just gotten used to it.

The footprints were more of a head scratcher than anything for me MidnightPhantom. It looked like someone had been walking around in the wet dirt outside and landed in the middle of the floor in my hallway. The creepy part was hearing those footsteps in the middle of the night.
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
Genuinely scary; you are very brave. I guess I understand the "meh" moments, though, because really when odd things happen on familiar turf, they are not all that scary.
MidnightPhantom (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
This is creepy. I think of it as an invisible man rather than a transparent ghost. As when you "said" about dirty footprints, I remember the movie Paranormal (I can't remember what part) but when they put some powder in the floor and it appeared that someone walked to it and traced for the unknown entity etc...
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-09)
Thank you Wish-Not and elnoraemily. It does get a little active around here at times but I figure, if they don't smell fear, they got nothing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-09)
Mrs-BGP, WOW! Those are some incredible moments. As elnoraemily stated how nonchalant you handled these is amazing. However I believe how you react to them can make a difference on things.

Great story! Would love to hear more. Keep us updated please.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-09)
I love how nonchalant you are about things that would terrify most people!

You have had some amazing experiences. This last one with the sound of the footsteps starting in your bedroom is a bit unsettling! I would not have opened my eyes either.

Best wishes to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: