You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mom Could Always Make Me Smile

Real Ghost Stories

Mom Could Always Make Me Smile

 

I lost my mom very suddenly to a massive heart attack in August of 2009. She was a wonderful, kind and loving woman and raised us six kids on her own and had a major role in helping to raise a couple of grandchildren including my own daughter. I missed her terribly and found myself forever wondering if she was really in a better place and if she was alright.

Back in June of this year, I had been here on YGS reading "mom" stories and thinking about mom and asking in my head if she was okay and wishing for all the world that she could let me know. I thought about her all that day and was just feeling blue.

I went to bed around my usual time, 2:00 a.m. After reading and doing the crossword puzzle, turned the light out and went to sleep. I had had a strange dream about my pillow floating around on my bed and I was trying to get up off the bed and get away from it because it was scaring the crap out of me and I called for my mom. I looked towards my bedroom door and could see a golden light coming from the living room and I yelled louder for my mom.

I struggled to get off the bed but my foot got tangled in my blanket and and I couldn't get away from whatever was scaring me. Don't know why a floating pillow would scare me that much but it did and I HAD to get away from it. I gave one last yell for "MOM" at the top of my lungs and jumped off the bed and ran into my living room where the golden light was.

In the living room sat my mother with her arms outstretched to me. The whole room was bathed in this warm, welcoming golden light. I ran to her and she wrapped her arms around me and as she stroked my hair, told me "Everything's alright, Brenda" and I woke up. The peace and contentment I felt when I woke up was something I had never felt before and will never forget.

I got up to go to the bathroom and finished my business and as I was pulling my jammie bottoms up, I took one step and looked up and there in front of me was the perfect golden outline of my mother walking, more like floating, down the short hallway in my bedroom past the bathroom door. I stopped and a little "oh" escaped from my lips and the peace and contentment feeling made me smile.

I woke up with the biggest smile on my face and it lasted for about 3 weeks. I know now that she IS in a good place and that I will see her again.

Other hauntings by babygoatpuller

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, babygoatpuller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-11)
Bgp,
I love this experience, and Thank you for sharing this.

I know all to well, the need and want that you feel to know a loved one is ok.

Especially a mother.
My deepest symapthies and love goes to you.

You have made me smile,tonight.Thank you for that.

Sincerely and love
Spiritwaiting
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-11)
Hello Babygoatpuller,

This is beautiful. My condolences for the loss of your mother. I quite honestly can't imagine what my life would be like without my mom being just a phone call away.

I am so happy that in your time of sadness she came to you to comfort you as any mother would, but from beyond? Incredible.

Thank you for sharing. ❤
Manafon (4 stories) (74 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Your experience with your mother coming to visit you in a dream was very moving. You are right, when my mother visited me last Saturday (getting my attention with that ticking clock) I instantly felt a great inner peace, just as you did. Nice to know our mothers are still looking after us! Happy Thanksgiving.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
lady-glow
Thank you so much. My mom was the best mom in the world and I'm not just being biased.😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
babygoatpuller: Wow, what a beautiful story!
I'm sorry for your loss, your mother was a great woman and is always watching after you through her loving eyes.

Thanks for sharing this heartwarming experience with us.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
Thank you STARRCHiCC14 and you're welcome! Every time I think about it, which is often, I get that sappy grin on my face.😁
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
BabyGoatPuller, such a lovely experience!
Thankyou for sharing.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
Thank you notjustme. She was very special in every way possible and she'll always be in my heart!😁
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
SDS-I've read your stories and all are great! It was exactly what I needed at that time and she put my worries to rest. Thank you!.

Samtillie-My mom was extra protective of me out of us six kids because my dad did not want me and let me know it with his abuse. But my mom let me know in no uncertain terms how much I was loved and continues to do so. I can say without a doubt that mom always loved me best!

😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
babygoatpuller- that's a wonderfully heart-warming story. I can relate to your story as I've also lost my mother and seen her too 😊. I truly believe your mother will always be beside you and will be there to help you in ways we can't see but feel. God bless you and yours ❤
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
Such a lovely experience for you. This is a testament of how much love your mum still has for you 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
Hi babygoatpuller, a wonderful story indeed and to know that your mom is safe is one thing but she displayed her love towards you. That is more important and she cared for you and comforted you. Great experience indeed. I am reminded of my mom's love shown towards my dad, which I narrated in one of my stories.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-14)
Val, EyoCleo and Fergie,
Thank you so much for such sweet comments. I still get the warm fuzzies and that "I saw my mom" smile when I think about it. 😁
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-14)
babygoatpuller, this made me smile, and I thank you for sharing it. *sigh* That's about all I can say, I'm filled with warm fuzzies by it! 😆
EyoCleo (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-14)
Babygoatpuller, This is the most wonderful story in YGS. It kind of reminds me of my happy childhood while playing with my dear mother.

Every weekdays, my mother will go to a different place to teach students (because my mother's a teacher). I can only be with her on weekends and on holidays 😢. I wish I could be with her more often.

Thank you for sharing your lovely experience. I hope you'll be able to meet your mother again. 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-13)
Babygoatpuller, that is one of the most 'satisfying' experiences I have ever read. You brought a tear to my eye. 😐

It is always such a comfort to know that our loved ones are near, but at peace.

Thank you for that sweet narration. I hope you have more to come?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: