You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: An Encounter With Death And An Unlikely Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

An Encounter With Death And An Unlikely Guardian

 

Greetings all readers. I am new to this sight and have never written out my experiences for others to read so it may be a little straight forward at first. I, like most of you, have seen, heard and experienced strange things most of my life. I believe my link to the paranormal surfaced when I was about 3. I fell into the 6 foot deep side of a pool at a family friend's house and was gone for about 2 and a half minutes. But I'm here now so everything is fine. Now on with the story.

Now a little history:

My mom's adoptive parents and brother are all the relatives I know from her side of the family and all but my grandma are still here. Grandma loved me like I was her own and I returned her feelings. She would always come by our house in McKenzie and take me for rides, come babysit me and all kinds of things. Lol mom still jokes that she would have to call them at their home in Milan, TN and have to ask for me back.

Now maybe a few months after my pool incident she passed away. I don't know the medical term but she had a hole in her heart and had it fixed with surgery. But she started getting worse so the doctors tried to fix it and she died on the table. I would still go visit grandpa and it would just be me and him. After she died, grandpa went into a hardcore depression and I could tell he was different even at 3 or 4 years old.

Now I will give you a quick layout of the house... From the driveway you could walk to the porch or go through the 2 car garage to get inside. Once inside there was the kitchen with a dining room behind it that was and still used only on family holidays. As you go passed the kitchen you reach the living room then a hallway that runs left to right. In the hall straight across from the living room was the bathroom, next to it on the left was my uncle's old room and continuing left was mom's room at the end. If you went right from the bathroom you would pass the den parallel to the living room then my grandparents' room.

It was about 9:30ish and grandpa sent me to bed. I always slept in my uncle's room and decided I wanted to sleep in mom's room. So he walked me there, tucked me in, kissed me goodnight and went back to the living room to finish his TV show. From mom's room I could see the light from the TV and the lamp next to his chair. Now around 10 I was still awake. I have always had trouble sleeping and still do. I heard the TV shut off and saw the lamp light go out. He left the living room and turned on the bathroom light in case I needed it. All I could see was his shadow but I heard his footsteps and knew he went to bed... But the shadow stayed and after a few minutes it started to move towards my room. As it got to my door it rose off the ground and formed what looked like a cloaked figure blocking the light from the bathroom. The room grew darker and colder as I looked at it. I couldn't look away, fear frozen, it raised its arm and pointed towards grandpa's room. I didn't know what to do. Then the rocking chair in the room started to move. I looked toward it and saw my passed grandmother. She looked at it, then at me and spoke. "Everything will be ok, Trevor," she looked back at "death" and it dissipated as black mist. I soon fell asleep and dreamed of her.

Now to be 3 or 4 and still remember with the detail I do at 23, obviously this was quite an experience. But it was my first and I will never forget. But this story has a happy ending. Grandpa remarried a few years later and still lives happily with his wife. I haven't had any more experiences in the house. But I think grandma still guards it and I have seen her a few more times over the years. And I love and miss her very much.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry if I got detail heavy, that's just how it came out. Comment if you want, I look forward to them and plan on posting more.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dark-Thorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-24)
I think children's accounts of spirits are often more credible than adults. Especially young children. For a few reasons... Their thoughts are more lucid... And therefore open to perceiving illogical experiences with acceptance. I think children see a lot of things that adults explain away or dismiss because the alternative is to admit belief in the paranormal (which requires massive reassessment of life as they knew it) ... As to whether the memory from such an early age has held it's integrity is another matter, but I don't doubt it. I too can remember as far back as this. And I trust the integrity of my own memory. Just my opinion. Nice ending... Love a happy one.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
I believe this was real for you. Dreams fade and are not so detailed. I used to lucid dream, here I can control what I wanted to do. And I have seen my passed loved ones in dream state, in which the details stayed with me through out many many years.

Chinese has a belief where they claim everyone has 3 fires, one on each shoulder and one in the middle of our foreheads. As I got older I learned this is what westerners call Chakras.

My theory of dreams, are as our breathing is calmed and normal we start to drift off to a vulnerable state of mind where other non-human things can access us. Breathing properly is important because it releases our Chakras and let's them do what they are suppose to do. It also opens up our Pineal Gland which is our third eye. That's why when people meditate they often encounter things, like astral projection, or see entities, it's not always bad stuff. Same when we sleep, we are basically meditating without trying, but with less control. Also when we sick, or our health is not 100% we can also be easily accessed by the supernatural. Many stories here and my own experiences led me to believe this.

I I have read stories where the person was hospitalized and seen their passed family members there with them, it is because of their "fires" have been dimmed, so they can see things they can't when they are healthy. During "Hungry ghost festival" Chinese believe that if you have dimmed fires you should try to stay in as much as possible during ghost month to avoid "running into things"- and I have strayed off topic like it's going out of style. Hahaha oh well, it's what comments are for right? Discussion! 😳

Sorry I might not have been helpful, but I hope you get to see her often. God bless
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
If this is real, I would find comfort in knowing your grandmother is there watching over you. I feel the same way about mine. She passed away in 2008 due to cancer and I always feel her around me. Thanks for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
The problem with this sort of account is that the mind is so young and at times, unable to tell the difference between reality and dream.

I have a theory that you were asleep and this was a dream that felt real so your mind remembers it as being real- I have a few dreams that did the same from when I was that age, and I am your age now.

If it was a dream or not, the message behind it was still quite powerful and meaningful.

I am quite happy that your grandfather was able to find happiness.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: